Anabolic Steroids - Steroidal.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Connect with us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Google Plus
Steroids For Sale
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The 'Ask Dan a Question' thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warmouth View Post
    Thank you very, very much Dan. It isnt that I am inpatient at all. I can easily wait 4 weeks, it is just that I felt so good and I was getting great results from about week 4 on. What sucked is I feel I cut myself short because the results started to show up more so in week 4, which only gave me 1.5-2 weeks at the high dose of 10mgs. This is why I think next time I will either go 10 mgs weeks 1-6, or 7.5, 15, 15, 15, 15, 7.5. I honestly think my dose could be higher due to the total lack of side effects. Not that I am asking for any side effects because I dont want them. I just feel comfortable with being able to adjust my dose if side effects do arise. Trust me when I say I dont look to experience side effects! I am smart enough to be able to detect them and lower if they do come up.

One more thing. Do you recomment some type of PCT for women? I have heard a low dose of Clomid works well for 2 weeks after steroid use. Any research behind that? And would you like for me to log this upcoming cycle in the anabolic steroid Forum? I am really contemplating loading/deloading this one with 10mgs a day for week 1 and 6, and run 15mgs during the 4 week peak period. Adjust sides if needed. What do you think?
    Clomid use in females is a different animal compared to male Clomid use. I honestly have no knowledge of how its use might be applied to a female in the post-cycle period. Where did you hear about this? From a female AAS user? If so, any reasons given to support the suggestion to use Clomid? Off the top of my head, with the knowledge I currently have of Clomid, I can't see how it would help, really... but I've heard of mild AI doses for female use in the post-cycle period in order to bring Estrogen back down to normal levels.

Female Member
    Electra Maddox told me of this a while ago. I was hoping she would see this at some point as well. I havent seen her too much. She also mentioned that ceasing birth control is very beneficial for steroids to have a greater effect. I am curious if stopping BC during time on would effect me in a way like BC (such as making it difficult to concieve, the point of BC). Right now we arent looking to have children yet, so this is why I havent stopped. Warmouth says it would be very difficult for us to concieve anyways with him being on Testosterone, but I like to be cautious. Not that I dont want children. I just dont want them right now. So would me stopping BC and taking Anavar still make it hard to concieve you think?

As far as I know, all AAS use in females will throw off the menstrual cycle, but in an unpredictable manner. For the most part, it would make it difficult to conceive, but there are those women who were on AAS that have (but I am willing to bet they are the rare exception), but having children while the mother is on AAS is never recommended, as it is proven to cause birth defects (IF the woman can even conceive while on AAS to begin with). Fertility is always interrupted with AAS use in females though. Therefore, I am thinking that using birth control alongside AAS would greatly increase the chances of being unable to conceive. Take one thing that makes it difficult to conceive, and combine it with something else that makes it difficult to conceive, and you have double the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan C View Post
    As far as I know, all AAS use in females will throw off the menstrual cycle, but in an unpredictable manner. For the most part, it would make it difficult to conceive, but there are those women who were on AAS that have (but I am willing to bet they are the rare exception), but having children while the mother is on AAS is never recommended, as it is proven to cause birth defects (IF the woman can even conceive while on AAS to begin with). Fertility is always interrupted with AAS use in females though. Therefore, I am thinking that using birth control alongside AAS would greatly increase the chances of being unable to conceive. Take one thing that makes it difficult to conceive, and combine it with something else that makes it difficult to conceive, and you have double the effect.
    Her fear was that EM and GGR both said to drop BC while on. BC is basically Estrogen and that itslef will hinder gains a bit. Im just thinking that with me being on TRT, Im pretty well taking a powerful contraceptive(as good as BC pills anyways). I think the chances of her getting pregnant would be slimmer when taking var and off BC with me being what I am. Do you think this Dan?

Yes, BC is Estrogen, it messes with the negative feedback loop when administered to females, resulting in disrupted ovulation. If she's going off BC, it would remove that effect obviously. But she'll be on a cycle of AAS, so that will also serve to disable fertility as I previously mentioned. You being on TRT should reduce your sperm count (but it takes 8 weeks or so at least for levels to get significantly low). BUT you also need to understand that at a certain dose (around 100 - 300mg/week), Testosterone will exhibit a contraceptive effect in men. At HIGH doses of exogenous Testosterone, it will actually INCREASE fertility! So watch it if you're on a blast/cycle! There is a lot of literature online about this if you just google it, you'll see. In any case, I don't think you should have issues with getting your wife pregnant with all factors considered, BUT don't take things for granted because i'm sure you've also heard of people who ended up getting their wives/girlfriends pregnant while on-cycle. With the both of you being on AAS, I think the chances should be low. But there is always still a small chance. Best thing to do is for your wife to observe her ovulation while on AAS and be aware of disruptions/changes in the patterns just like regular BC would.

Wow! I know she will have more questions, but this brings me to one I've been pondering for a long time. You said high doses make men more fertile, and that amazes me! I had no idea. Anyways, if someone like me were to want to get my wife pregnant, being I am on trt, what is the typical protocol? I though it would be drop the test, but low test effects my libido more than it does anything else. When I'm low, I don't even want sex and never even think about it. That is hell to me. So what would you recommend for when the time comes?

lol if you've been on TRT for a good while now, and you want to have kids, up your Testosterone dose to 800+mg per week, and watch what happens. I'm at school right now and can't dig up the clinical data but its out there if you google it. Dave Palumbo spoke a lot about this and referenced clinical data (in case you didn't know, Palumbo is a former pro bodybuilder who has 2 years of med school under his belt so he knows what he's talking about). Anyhow, the alternative to dosing your Testosterone very high is simply to use HCG and Clomid, and that will make you more fertile very quickly. I am not sure how long it takes for ultra high doses of Testosterone to increase fertility though.

Whatever, i'm bored at the moment, so I found you some stuff. Basically, the Sertoli cells in the testicles are responsible for the manufacture of sperm, but they need to be saturated with Testosterone. In normal functioning gonads, Testosterone is endogenously produced locally by the Leydig cells of the testes, so they are immediately exposed to high concentrations of Testosterone. Now, when you inject 100 - 500mg of Testosterone per week into your body, that Testosterone is not immediately exposed to the Sertoli cells. Instead what happens is a very diminished exposure due to the fact that the exogenous Testosterone is only circulating in the bloodstream while the Leydig cells are no longer manufacturing Testosterone because of the negative feedback loop. But what happens when you inject 1000mg of Testosterone per week into yourself? The concentration of Testosterone is so high in circulating blood plasma that the Sertoli cells are once again exposed to high concentrations, resulting in increased sperm production.

Look at these:

Failure of combined follicle-stimula... [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI

Prostate-specific antigen, testosterone, sex-... [Mol Hum Reprod. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

That's unbelievable! I seriously cannot believe that Dan. I would figure the total opposite and figured that I wiuld have to come off, get on Clomid and HCG, and hope for the best. I might have missed it in those links, but is there any additional risk to the fetus doing this that you know of? Don't look too much into it because I know your busy. I wwould assume that there wouldn't be si ce Testosterone is completley different that sperm, so the testoaterone, based on these findings, should only increase the sperm cells but have no negative effect on thier mechanism of action. I could be way off, just trying to save You from having to dig more. Thanks for that. Makes me feel much better for future plans. I have been concerned for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Wow! I know she will have more questions, but this brings me to one I've been pondering for a long time. You said high doses make men more fertile, and that amazes me! I had no idea. Anyways, if someone like me were to want to get my wife pregnant, being I am on trt, what is the typical protocol? I though it would be drop the test, but low test effects my libido more than it does anything else. When I'm low, I don't even want sex and never even think about it. That is hell to me. So what would you recommend for when the time comes?
    Take a shot in the dark and try triptorelin!!!!

Don't shoot it in the dark though... Figure of speech.

That's unbelievable! I seriously cannot believe that Dan. I would figure the total opposite and figured that I wiuld have to come off, get on Clomid and HCG, and hope for the best. I might have missed it in those links, but is there any additional risk to the fetus doing this that you know of? Don't look too much into it because I know your busy. I wwould assume that there wouldn't be si ce Testosterone is completley different that sperm, so the testoaterone, based on these findings, should only increase the sperm cells but have no negative effect on thier mechanism of action. I could be way off, just trying to save You from having to dig more. Thanks for that. Makes me feel much better for future plans. I have been concerned for a while now.
    There are no risks at all to the baby if the father is on AAS. The problem lies in the MOTHER being on AAS during conception and pregnancy. The reason for these conditions are pretty straightforward and obvious, and need not be explained in detail any further.

There are no risks at all to the baby if the father is on AAS. The problem lies in the MOTHER being on AAS during conception and pregnancy. The reason for these conditions are pretty straightforward and obvious, and need not be explained in detail any further.
    What about physical or mental deformities ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-G View Post
    What about physical or mental deformities ?
    Although AAS can reduce sperm count in men (at the doses I referenced earlier), they are not linked to birth defects or abnormalities in someone who is fathering a child.

Although AAS can reduce sperm count in men (at the doses I referenced earlier), they are not linked to birth defects or abnormalities in someone who is fathering a child.
    Well that's good to know. Except I'm cursed with the worst possible luck on the world so. Ill just refrain from having kids

When is the next round of profiles getting added? Also Dan, thank you for suggesting me to start at 100mgs of tren!

When is the next round of profiles getting added? Also Dan, thank you for suggesting me to start at 100mgs of tren!
    I suggest 5 grams of tren a day.

LOL Jk. Back to bed, I'm so tired.

Let us know how 100mg of Trenbolone goes. I know it is a very low dose, but I have been getting questions from people lately about how efficient 100 - 200mg of Trenbolone is, with all things considered.

I am currently working on a Gynecomastia article, and shortly following that i'll be working on an Anavar In Women article. As for profiles, nothing at the moment but within the next month or I should have some compound profiles to cover.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Let us know how 100mg of Trenbolone goes. I know it is a very low dose, but I have been getting questions from people lately about how efficient 100 - 200mg of Trenbolone is, with all things considered.

I am currently working on a Gynecomastia article, and shortly following that i'll be working on an Anavar In Women article. As for profiles, nothing at the moment but within the next month or I should have some compound profiles to cover.
    I'm logging it in the Q&A, and progress is unbleievable in only 2 weeks! I have had more results in my quads in these 2 weeks than any cycle of any compound at any duration. I cant believe how flipping fast it is working.

Dan, what kind of philosopher was socrates ? Lol

Post workout insulin spike vs post resistance training gh. Which is better in terms of muscle gain or fat loss? Talking about natty ones here. If you could chime in on exogenous ones too, that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofie View Post
    Dan, what kind of philosopher was socrates ? Lol
    Socrates was a classical Greek Athenian philosopher. Credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, he is an enigmatic figure known chiefly through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his students Plato and Xenophon, and the plays of his contemporary Aristophanes. Many would claim that Plato's dialogues are the most comprehensive accounts of Socrates to survive from antiquity.

I think he would've got along well here, because his primary philosophy, the Socratic Method, is actually highly integrated into the modern scientific method, in which hypothesis is the first stage. The development and practice of this method is one of Socrates' most enduring contributions, and is a key factor in earning his mantle as the father of political philosophy, ethics or moral philosophy, and as a figurehead of all the central themes in Western philosophy. The Socratic Method is basically a series of questions are posed to help a person or group to determine their underlying beliefs and the extent of their knowledge. The Socratic Method is a negative method of hypothesis elimination, in that better hypotheses are found by steadily identifying and eliminating those that lead to contradictions. It was designed to force one to examine one's own beliefs and the validity of such beliefs.

I think I would've got along with the guy very well.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBull View Post
    Post workout insulin spike vs post resistance training gh. Which is better in terms of muscle gain or fat loss? Talking about natty ones here. If you could chime in on exogenous ones too, that'd be great.
    I don't have the time at the moment to gather clinical data on this, so i'm going to speak purely from what's in my head. But I will say this, and it's very important:

You need to be looking at the big picture here, not small things like the meticulous timing of your insulin spikes and sugar intake. As long as you hit your macros for the whole day, you will grow (or lose fat, whichever is your goal that your diet is adjusted to meet).

If, however, you do insist on either spiking insulin or NOT spiking insulin post-workout (and instead take advantage of the natural HGH release from training), it would of course depend on your goals. If fat loss is the primary goal, you might not want to spike insulin post-workout with high GI sugars/carbs because of the obvious increased likelihood of fat storage post-workout. Once again, however, you won't become a rolling tub of lard if you DO, as long as you are still in a daily caloric deficit. Obviously, a post-workout insulin spike is better for gaining muscle mass, and low-GI foods (or strict protein-only consumption) after a workout would take advantage of the training-induced HGH release.

In fact, there have been some studies that have determined that spiking your insulin levels post-workout really actually do not provide any greater degree of muscle gains compared to low-GI food intake (or no insulin spike at all) post-workout. I just tried to look for it in a quick search but I can't find it. I will have to look when I have more time on my hands and get back to you with the references.

Now, what I just mentioned is for training naturally. Of course, if you're training with the use of exogenous insulin and exogenous HGH, I don't really need to delve into that one since you are basically now manipulating the release of either hormones yourself whenever you want. Exogenous insulin can work very well pre OR post workout for muscle gains. As far as exogenous HGH goes, there is no need at all to time/center the administration of that around your workouts. Just administer it every morning and evening and you're good to go, as exogenous HGH will exert its effects over several hours, and not to mention the resultant IGF-1 increase which remains for a much, much longer period of time. There is no need to be meticulous with the timing of exogenous HGH. IF you ARE going to use it as such, pre-workout would be your best bet.
    Bull likes this.
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

^^^ Very, very informative. Thanks Dan! You've settled some of my lingering questions and thoughts.

Yes, BC is Estrogen, it messes with the negative feedback loop when administered to females, resulting in disrupted ovulation. If she's going off BC, it would remove that effect obviously. But she'll be on a cycle of AAS, so that will also serve to disable fertility as I previously mentioned. You being on TRT should reduce your sperm count (but it takes 8 weeks or so at least for levels to get significantly low). BUT you also need to understand that at a certain dose (around 100 - 300mg/week), Testosterone will exhibit a contraceptive effect in men. At HIGH doses of exogenous Testosterone, it will actually INCREASE fertility! So watch it if you're on a blast/cycle! There is a lot of literature online about this if you just google it, you'll see. In any case, I don't think you should have issues with getting your wife pregnant with all factors considered, BUT don't take things for granted because i'm sure you've also heard of people who ended up getting their wives/girlfriends pregnant while on-cycle. With the both of you being on AAS, I think the chances should be low. But there is always still a small chance. Best thing to do is for your wife to observe her ovulation while on AAS and be aware of disruptions/changes in the patterns just like regular BC would.
    Depending on the levels of Estrogen in the pill the lower level of Estrogen in the pill can prevent the pituitary gland from releasing LH ( luteinizing hormone) with no LH present, the egg does not mature and ovulation does not occur. High levels of Estrogen cause the pituitary gland to release LH, LH causes ovulation.

In men, LH stimulates the production of Testosterone, which plays a role in sperm production.LH testing is commonly used to help evaluate a women's egg supply and a mans sperm count.

Ok, so I am thinking over NPP for womens use. We all know alot of people would claim this to be too harsh for women, but it has a lower androgenic value than primo! I think NPP because of the short ester would be the best choice. So here are my questions:

1. When a woman uses a 19-nor, do they need to use caber, bromo, or prami?
    2. When using NPP for the first time, would a dosing schedule like this be optimal, 25mgs monday/25mgs thursday?

I need to give you something to do
    P.S.- Based on some research, some people recommend 25mgs weekly. I do not think this is accurate. I think these suggestions were made due to the lack of knowledge in womens use. I would almost say 25mgs would do next to nothing when compared to anavars A:A ratio. Of course, you are the expert, not me.

Dan, what are your thoughts and knowledge in regards to HGH and "gut growth"? Thanks!

Ok, so I am thinking over NPP for womens use. We all know alot of people would claim this to be too harsh for women, but it has a lower androgenic value than primo! I think NPP because of the short ester would be the best choice. So here are my questions:

1. When a woman uses a 19-nor, do they need to use caber, bromo, or prami?
    2. When using NPP for the first time, would a dosing schedule like this be optimal, 25mgs monday/25mgs thursday?

I need to give you something to do
    P.S.- Based on some research, some people recommend 25mgs weekly. I do not think this is accurate. I think these suggestions were made due to the lack of knowledge in womens use. I would almost say 25mgs would do next to nothing when compared to anavars A:A ratio. Of course, you are the expert, not me.
    1. If Prolactin becomes an issue, then yes they will have to use something to antagonize it. Prolactin increases, although certainly a negative for men, is not something exactly good for women either (especially when they don't need it), but it isn't as detrimental to them as it is to us. It will make them lactate. Anyhow, if it does become an issue then they will have to decrease it with Cabergoline, Bromocriptine, Pramipexole, or vitamin B6, etc.

2. For females, a good dosing schedule would be 50 - 100mg/week split into Monday and Thursday injections as you suggested. Women should obviously start at the lowest end of that range and gauge results/effects from there as required.

25 - 50mg per week was actually the original prescription guidelines for women for NPP. Considering that's the case, this is why I mentioned 50 - 100mg weekly for performance enhancing purposes. Virilization isn't normally an issue with any Nandrolone compound due to the very low androgenic strength rating, but it is still an issue that should be monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBull View Post
    Dan, what are your thoughts and knowledge in regards to HGH and "gut growth"? Thanks!
    I haven't done much reading or research into the "GH gut" issue, but it primarily results from the IGF-1 release that HGH causes, which then travels to the receptors in the body that are located on muscle as well as organs and the intestines. Over long-term chronic high-dose use, it can and does cause intestinal and organ growth to the point where the stomach will protrude. But this takes years and years of consistent chronic HGH and IGF-1 use. A lot of people seem to think this just suddenly occurs after a 6 month run of HGH at 5iu per day. No, it occurs after a 5, 6, 7+ year run of HGH at 5iu per day (or like the pros do, 15 - 20iu per day).
    warmouth and BEAR like this.

Thanks Dan! You're the best!

Thanks Dan! You're the best!
    Second this, thanks again for the knowledge! Giving me a brain pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotagirl View Post
    Electra Maddox told me of this a while ago. I was hoping she would see this at some point as well. I havent seen her too much. She also mentioned that ceasing birth control is very beneficial for steroids to have a greater effect. I am curious if stopping BC during time on would effect me in a way like BC (such as making it difficult to concieve, the point of BC). Right now we arent looking to have children yet, so this is why I havent stopped. Warmouth says it would be very difficult for us to concieve anyways with him being on Testosterone, but I like to be cautious. Not that I dont want children. I just dont want them right now. So would me stopping BC and taking Anavar still make it hard to concieve you think?
    FYI / UPDATE........

Electra recently stopped birth control because she was having a problem with Estrogen deposits around her lower tummy & the back / inside of her arms, yes the anabolic cycle has definately disrupted her menstrual cycle / ovulation...........BUT...........(notice the BIG BUT..........I like big buts.........) while we are both pretty secure in the theory that she can't get pregnant right now.........we still take a little extra precaution............I don't "finish" inside her..........with my sperm count lowered & her ovulation disrupted...........we're confident in this technique.................

"I'm just sayin......."
    ."The only easy day was yesterday"

"I am immortal......I have within me blood of kings.........I am unrivaled.....no man can be my equal"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast