Anabolic Steroids - Steroidal.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Connect with us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Google Plus
Steroids For Sale
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The 'Ask Dan a Question' thread!

Question The 'Ask Dan a Question' thread!

As many of you already know, I am regarded as a walking encyclopedia when it comes to all things AAS and PED (performance enhancing drug) related. My knowledge is pretty darn extensive and it only continues to grow every day through my studies at school as well as my research, writing, and works on here. This thread is for anyone at any time to ask me any advanced, sophisticated, or complex questions about anabolic steroids and PEDs. I would encourage people to ask me ANYTHING in this thread, but the idea of this section of the forum itself is for anyone to post their basic questions. With that being said, as much as i'd like to answer them, I want to avoid very basic questions here in this thread. Basic questions such as:

"Can you drink Winny?" The answer is yes, for those of you already wondering!

"Help me, i'm getting gyno 2 weeks into my cycle, what can I do about it?"

"Please review my Test/Deca/dbol cycle."

"What exactly does Nolvadex do vs. Arimidex?"

Most of those basic questions should be posted here in their own threads, and most can in fact be answered in the articles on the main Steroidal.com page. This thread is for the more complex questions and/or detailed and advanced discussions on AAS. I can't exactly provide examples of what a complex question might be, but i'm sure people will know when they have one. It could be related to something complex about someone's bloodwork, it could be about something experimental, a new compound that has hit the scene, or unique and unconventional methods of AAS use, or even advanced techniques of cycling. I will say this though: I will always be the first one to admit that I don't know everything, I never find any shame in admitting I was wrong or mistaken about something when I am proven wrong about a particular theory, idea, or piece of knowledge. If there is a question I don't yet know the answer to, I will simply respond by saying that the question is outside my scope of knowledge. I'll do my best to look into and research anything about any questions that I might not know the answer to, or for topics that are too advanced for me. It helps me learn more things. For example, a few months back I was approached by a personal friend of mine who was trying to help someone out who was having messed up endocrine issues after using Propecia. It sounded foreign/strange to me but I told him I would look into it, and lo and behold, I discovered something called Post-Propecia Syndrome (or Post-Proscar Syndrome) that involves the long-term/permanent inhibition of the manufacture of one of the three 5-alpha reductase enzymes (5-alpha reductase 2), which results in very low levels of an important hormone and marker known as 3-alpha Androstanediol Glucuronide (3AG) in the body. Needless to say, I learned A LOT about something I never would have otherwise known.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know. I think that has best described my journey and process through this fascinating subculture of anabolic steroids and PEDs, and of science and medicine in general. I enjoy answering questions, and writing articles not just because I can inform and educate others, but I also learn a lot through doing so myself. It's a continuous learning process for me.

So, here we go, ask away!

EDIT: I ALSO WANT TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS HERE TOO!! Please do not feel as though you might be intruding on me or that I am the only information dispenser here. If there is a question that YOU know the answer to that someone is asking, by all means chime in!
    Last edited by Dan C; 04-25-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Sofie likes this.

dan...why am i so darn good looking? oh wait...PED....ummm ill get back to ya! lol

good to have this thread...i missed wiki......dan

Deca seems to be a longer ester than most, does this mean I can inject 500mg once per week, and still see results?

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    dan...why am i so darn good looking? oh wait...PED....ummm ill get back to ya! lol

good to have this thread...i missed wiki......dan
    Could be the Trenbolone? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Deca seems to be a longer ester than most, does this mean I can inject 500mg once per week, and still see results?
    It might seem logical to think that because a compound exhibits a much longer half-life that you can get away with less frequent injections. Well, it depends on how long the half-life is, but it also depends on the pharmacokinetics of the agent in question. For example, did you know that ALL long-estered compounds generally create a very sharp rise/spike in blood plasma levels? It's true, compounds with the Enanthate or Decanoate ester affixed to them will generate a spike over approximately a 24 - 48 hour period, after which it will level off and drop quicker than you think. It will, however, last long enough in the body to supply whatever hormone the ester is affixed to for however long the half-life is (in Deca's case, about 15 days). For someone using it for medical purposes, they could 'get by' on doing this. But for the purpose of performance and physique enhancement, it is very different. You need to maintain blood levels that are as stable/steady as possible at the dose you want it, and that means ideally Deca should still be administered twice weekly with each injection spaced evenly apart. Granted, if you administered Deca once weekly, the rollercoaster in blood plasma levels wouldn't be as bad as a hormone with the Enanthate ester affixed to it if you did the same thing with that, but ideally you want to still keep blood levels as steadily elevated as possible.

For TRT I'm shooting 125mg of Cypionate (that seems to be the general dose for people)... I know the cyp half life is 12 days but should I still take it in 2 shots a week or one?

Great. Thank you. Very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-G View Post
    For TRT I'm shooting 125mg of Cypionate (that seems to be the general dose for people)... I know the cyp half life is 12 days but should I still take it in 2 shots a week or one?
    For TRT, one single shot per week is all you need. You can do two if you want, it doesn't hurt, but it isn't necessary.

The reason why two shots per week with longer esters is required while on cycle (or a 'blast' if you're on TRT) is simply due to the fact that, as I mentioned earlier, for performance enhancement you need to have blood levels remaining as steady as possible. Steady peak blood plasma levels also reduces the incidence of side effects. Within medicine, for TRT, there are doctors who even prescribe 1 shot of Enanthate every two weeks. Yes, I think that is TOO infrequent even for HRT, but it is just an example of the difference between the requirements for medical/therapeutic use, and performance-enhancing use.

Great! Thanks alot Dan. Another thing.. Now that I'm hopeless until I get a new doctor.. Is there any ancillaries I should take while on trt dose? And when I blast... Is there any different protocols than a normal cycle?

idk how much knowledge you have on this, but ill ask anyway, maybe admin can chime in as well...

during the filtering process of making your own gear, what bacteria and/or virus can pass through a .22 syringe filter? do you know at what temp that bacteria would be killed off at and at what temperature (ballpark) the horemons would start to degrade?

Dan, why doesn't tron answer PMs?

Great! Thanks alot Dan. Another thing.. Now that I'm hopeless until I get a new doctor.. Is there any ancillaries I should take while on trt dose? And when I blast... Is there any different protocols than a normal cycle?
    Keep an aromatase inhibitor on hand. Sometimes you might need it, even with TRT. When you blast, just follow normal cycle protocols since blasting is basically cycling... doses are high enough to cause aromatization, etc.

idk how much knowledge you have on this, but ill ask anyway, maybe admin can chime in as well...

during the filtering process of making your own gear, what bacteria and/or virus can pass through a .22 syringe filter? do you know at what temp that bacteria would be killed off at and at what temperature (ballpark) the horemons would start to degrade?
    Pharmaceutical companies use autoclaves to kill off bacteria and sterilize medicines and/or equipment. An autoclave is a machine used to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure saturated steam at 121 C for around 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the load and the contents. It is pretty much the equivalent of boiling it. Autoclaves are widely used in microbiology, medicine, tattooing, body piercing, veterinary science, mycology, dentistry, chiropody and prosthetics fabrication. They vary in size and function depending on the media to be sterilized. A medical autoclave is a device that uses steam to sterilize equipment and other objects. This means that all bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores are inactivated. However, prions, such as those associated with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, may not be destroyed by autoclaving at the typical 134 C for three minutes or 121 C for 15 minutes. Bacteria can be killed off at 100 C (212 F), which is the boiling point of water.

Unlike peptides, anabolic steroids are such small and compact hormones with unique polarity, electronegativity, fat solubility, and other chemical properties that they require extreme heat to destroy them. For example, Testosterone 's melting point is 155 C (311 F). You'd have to put it in heat as hot or hotter than that to begin damaging/degrading steroid hormones.

As far as I know, 0.22 UM micron filters will remove bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella (and most other bacteria types), but no commercially available filters will be able to remove viruses (in fact I don't think there exist any filters small enough to block viruses). EPA and CDC recommend an absolute one micron filter (or one labeled for cyst removal) to remove Cryptosporidium. According to an EPA publication, here are some common water contamination problems and their size in microns: Giardia Lamblia – 8 to 12 microns; Cryptosporidium Parvum – 4 to 6 microns, Bacteria like E. coli and salmonella – 0.2 to 4 microns; Viruses – 0.004 to 0.1 microns.

Depending on the compound, most heated at 120-160 will killed. Of course the component plays a big part. Dont want to over heat it. No much can live if you ba and bb are properly dosed. The filter should catch almost all, the the autoclave would finish the job.
    I learned this from a great man named Pann.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan C View Post
    Keep an aromatase inhibitor on hand. Sometimes you might need it, even with TRT. When you blast, just follow normal cycle protocols since blasting is basically cycling... doses are high enough to cause aromatization, etc.

Pharmaceutical companies use autoclaves to kill off bacteria and sterilize medicines and/or equipment. An autoclave is a machine used to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure saturated steam at 121 C for around 1520 minutes depending on the size of the load and the contents. It is pretty much the equivalent of boiling it. Autoclaves are widely used in microbiology, medicine, tattooing, body piercing, veterinary science, mycology, dentistry, chiropody and prosthetics fabrication. They vary in size and function depending on the media to be sterilized. A medical autoclave is a device that uses steam to sterilize equipment and other objects. This means that all bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores are inactivated. However, prions, such as those associated with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, may not be destroyed by autoclaving at the typical 134 C for three minutes or 121 C for 15 minutes. Bacteria can be killed off at 100 C (212 F), which is the boiling point of water.

Unlike peptides, anabolic steroids are such small and compact hormones with unique polarity, electronegativity, fat solubility, and other chemical properties that they require extreme heat to destroy them. For example, Testosterone 's melting point is 155 C (311 F). You'd have to put it in heat as hot or hotter than that to begin damaging/degrading steroid hormones.

As far as I know, 0.22 UM micron filters will remove bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella (and most other bacteria types), but no commercially available filters will be able to remove viruses (in fact I don't think there exist any filters small enough to block viruses). EPA and CDC recommend an absolute one micron filter (or one labeled for cyst removal) to remove Cryptosporidium. According to an EPA publication, here are some common water contamination problems and their size in microns: Giardia Lamblia 8 to 12 microns; Cryptosporidium Parvum 4 to 6 microns, Bacteria like E. coli and salmonella 0.2 to 4 microns; Viruses 0.004 to 0.1 microns.
    just so you know, im copying and pasting that, im not going to reference you because they dont know who you are lol but just so you know! :P

Yup, make sure you use BA and BB, filter it, and then heat it up to at least 100 C or slightly above, and your gear should be sterile. I wouldn't do 160 C though, as Testosterone's melting point is 155 C. You'd be risking destroying the hormone.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Dan, why doesn't tron answer PMs?
    what you talkin about willis?

Yup, make sure you use BA and BB, filter it, and then heat it up to at least 100 C or slightly above, and your gear should be sterile. I wouldn't do 160 C though, as Testosterone's melting point is 155 C. You'd be risking destroying the hormone.
    with my prop i do add the ba and bb and filter and it starts to disolve at about 180F which is about where i keep it. then use a pressure cooker at 15psi for 30 minutos

What's the difference between grapeseedoil and cottonseed oil for brewing ... Have any knowledge on dat der? I'm getting all prepped up for this

with my prop i do add the ba and bb and filter and it starts to disolve at about 180F which is about where i keep it. then use a pressure cooker at 15psi for 30 minutos
    Yes that sounds about right. Keep in mind I don't know a whole lot about brewing, I am still learning about it myself, but what you mentioned sounds correct.

What's the difference between grapeseedoil and cottonseed oil for brewing ... Have any knowledge on dat der? I'm getting all prepped up for this
    Not a whole lot from the standpoint of the brewing itself. You should realize that there are perhaps hundreds of different types of oils that people can use to brew their gear (grape seed oil, tea tree oil, avocado oil, cedar wood oil, etc. etc. there are literally hundreds of types). Some oils are thicker than others, some oils are thinner than others and flow more freely. Perhaps some might brew/blend better with some gear powder than other types. The reason why one particular oil might be used above another is, for example, because it might present less PIP (post injection pain) than another type of oil. Someone might be allergic to one particular oil and might instead opt to use a different oil. There are lots of reasons, but it's generally related to personal preference, convenience, etc.

Yes that sounds about right. Keep in mind I don't know a whole lot about brewing, I am still learning about it myself, but what you mentioned sounds correct.

Not a whole lot from the standpoint of the brewing itself. You should realize that there are perhaps hundreds of different types of oils that people can use to brew their gear (grape seed oil, tea tree oil, avocado oil, cedar wood oil, etc. etc. there are literally hundreds of types). Some oils are thicker than others, some oils are thinner than others and flow more freely. Perhaps some might brew/blend better with some gear powder than other types. The reason why one particular oil might be used above another is, for example, because it might present less PIP (post injection pain) than another type of oil. Someone might be allergic to one particular oil and might instead opt to use a different oil. There are lots of reasons, but it's generally related to personal preference, convenience, etc.
    Ahhhh. I'm going to stick with grapeseed... It's tried and true

Female Member
    Dan,
    I have thoroughly read through the profiles on the main site. I have a question that does go against the female steroid use. I know it is said that 4 weeks off for women is sufficient, but since we do not have the hpta system as men do, and we really have nothing to "kickstart" or normalize, except maybe the CNS needs a rest, is it possible to safetly start back sooner, as in 2 weeks off? I posted a long thread last night sharing experience and future plans, but after I hit "post", I was booted off and lost all of what I wrote. So I figured I would ask you this now and try to post a thread later. Thank you!

My knee-jerk response to your question would be: yes, it should be possible for you to start sooner following a 2 week break period.

HOWEVER, my extent of knowledge on female AAS use is very limited and i'm still trying to learn more and more. It is a very different dynamic than male AAS use. With that being said, the 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off recommendation is for the avoidance of virilization. I have no idea if virilization might become more of an issue with 2 weeks off versus 4 or more weeks off in between cycles. I don't think that should be the case, provided all androgens are clear for those 2 weeks to give the body a break. It takes time for the virilization to "wear off" so to speak (I know i'm using loose informal terms here). The other reason for a 4 weeks off suggestion is because I know that although females do not have the same HPTA axis that males do, females still go through a hormone rebound during the post-cycle period. I do know that Estrogen levels still skyrocket. I do not know if this is the result exclusively of aromatization with aromatizable androgens, or if this is the result of any and all AAS use (even the compounds that do not aromatize, such as Anavar, Winstrol, Promobolan, etc. which are the common female-friendly compounds). It seems like females still end up with post-cycle hormone imbalances as well, but slightly different than males.

These are all things I have to continue researching, and it would be great if any experienced female AAS users could chime in here on this one to help me answer your question. It would help me learn more for myself as well! These are also thing that need to be learned through experience - it might not be a bad idea for you to try out 2 weeks off in between cycles and report here (perhaps make a log on this forum) to record your findings. It would help contribute to the growing knowledge base for female use.

Dan, your thoughts on Clomid in general for PCT, is it old practice?

I am in no way saying this is 100% correct it is just the knowledge I'm sharing from my personal research I did to respond similar questions for other females!

You also want to take into account, Lady Warmouth, the length of your cycles and the size of them. You have to take into account the fact that the heart is a muscle too. Albeit a smooth wall muscle and doesn't gain mass like your skeletal muscle. The heart won't get bigger persay bu it gets TOUGHER. Harder to pump and that can (obviously) cause problems. Without getting off cycle for an appropriate amount of time to let your body get 'catabolic' while you fast an such to allow the heart to get healthy again. That and the CNS does need a break.

This life is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't fall because you want to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by LARGERTHANNORMAL View Post
    Dan, your thoughts on Clomid in general for PCT, is it old practice?
    Ohhh boy, don't get me started on this topic! LOL. Yes, I believe that Clomid is a bygone of the pre 1990s. It is far less effective than Nolvadex for the restoration of Testosterone production, and it even exhibits activity at the pituitary and hypothalamus that will actually serve to inhibit production of gonadotropins. I explain this in the Clomid profile on the main site. But for a more detailed explanation, I am going to have to create a whole new thread on this topic (which I will do eventually). But for now, I will simply say that in light of recent clinical data and knowledge of the last 15 - 20 years, Clomid is an old, outdated, less effective compound that people need to stop using.

I am in no way saying this is 100% correct it is just the knowledge I'm sharing from my personal research I did to respond similar questions for other females!

You also want to take into account, Lady Warmouth, the length of your cycles and the size of them. You have to take into account the fact that the heart is a muscle too. Albeit a smooth wall muscle and doesn't gain mass like your skeletal muscle. The heart won't get bigger persay bu it gets TOUGHER. Harder to pump and that can (obviously) cause problems. Without getting off cycle for an appropriate amount of time to let your body get 'catabolic' while you fast an such to allow the heart to get healthy again. That and the CNS does need a break.

This life is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't fall because you want to rush.
    The heart thing is a giant misnomer when it comes to anabolic steroid use. Research has demonstrated that athletes, regardless of anabolic steroid use, all end up with larger hearts. I have explained this with references to back up my points in the steroids side effects article: Steroids Side Effects | Steroidal.com just scroll down to the subtopic "Cardiovascular side effects (Heart Enlargement)". The issue of heart enlargement can be summed up by the following:

- All athletes who engage in intense physical exercise experience heart enlargement (what type of enlargement is differentiated by the type of training).
    - Despite the different variations in heart growth, it is common knowledge that no disruption in actual heart function has ever been observed.
    - Excessive abuse of anabolic steroids have demonstrated more detrimental changes in the heart muscle, but responsible modest use has never demonstrated such changes.
    - The heart, like all muscles, will atrophy back down to its normal size during periods of inactivity or periods where anabolic steroids are discontinued.

Ohhh boy, don't get me started on this topic! LOL. Yes, I believe that Clomid is a bygone of the pre 1990s. It is far less effective than Nolvadex for the restoration of Testosterone production, and it even exhibits activity at the pituitary and hypothalamus that will actually serve to inhibit production of gonadotropins. I explain this in the Clomid profile on the main site. But for a more detailed explanation, I am going to have to create a whole new thread on this topic (which I will do eventually). But for now, I will simply say that in light of recent clinical data and knowledge of the last 15 - 20 years, Clomid is an old, outdated, less effective compound that people need to stop using.

The heart thing is a giant misnomer when it comes to anabolic steroid use. Research has demonstrated that athletes, regardless of anabolic steroid use, all end up with larger hearts. I have explained this with references to back up my points in the steroids side effects article: Steroids Side Effects | Steroidal.com just scroll down to the subtopic "Cardiovascular side effects (Heart Enlargement)". The issue of heart enlargement can be summed up by the following:

- All athletes who engage in intense physical exercise experience heart enlargement (what type of enlargement is differentiated by the type of training).
    - Despite the different variations in heart growth, it is common knowledge that no disruption in actual heart function has ever been observed.
    - Excessive abuse of anabolic steroids have demonstrated more detrimental changes in the heart muscle, but responsible modest use has never demonstrated such changes.
    - The heart, like all muscles, will atrophy back down to its normal size during periods of inactivity or periods where anabolic steroids are discontinued.
    That makes sense. But is responsible modest use doing a 3 month cycle, taking 2 weeks and doing 3 more months? I don't think that's responsible or modest in use for humans in general (gender aside)

What I'm saying is that I think specifics in cycle length and dose should be given. If you do 2 weeks on 2 weeks off well.. That's a big difference compared to 16 on 2 off 16 on... Na'am sayin?

Female Member
    Thank you very, very much Dan. It isnt that I am inpatient at all. I can easily wait 4 weeks, it is just that I felt so good and I was getting great results from about week 4 on. What sucked is I feel I cut myself short because the results started to show up more so in week 4, which only gave me 1.5-2 weeks at the high dose of 10mgs. This is why I think next time I will either go 10 mgs weeks 1-6, or 7.5, 15, 15, 15, 15, 7.5. I honestly think my dose could be higher due to the total lack of side effects. Not that I am asking for any side effects because I dont want them. I just feel comfortable with being able to adjust my dose if side effects do arise. Trust me when I say I dont look to experience side effects! I am smart enough to be able to detect them and lower if they do come up.

One more thing. Do you recomment some type of PCT for women? I have heard a low dose of Clomid works well for 2 weeks after steroid use. Any research behind that? And would you like for me to log this upcoming cycle in the anabolic steroid Forum? I am really contemplating loading/deloading this one with 10mgs a day for week 1 and 6, and run 15mgs during the 4 week peak period. Adjust sides if needed. What do you think?

Female Member
    That makes sense. But is responsible modest use doing a 3 month cycle, taking 2 weeks and doing 3 more months? I don't think that's responsible or modest in use for humans in general (gender aside)
    If I were to do a 3 month cycle, I better have the results to not need to cycle for quite some time. Since there isnt a lot of resources for women to read and research steroid use, we have to have trial and error (hopefully no error!). For a 6 week cycle, as I ran, 2 weeks is more than enough time for Anavar to completely clear and still have time to recover. I mean a 9 hour half life is going to clear fast, including the metabolites of a steroidal compound such as this one. When I do decide to use Primo, I am going to plan on running it for 16-20 weeks and stop when results either slow, or side effects arise. My husband wants to one day run Primo for 52 weeks with his Testosterone repacement. Of course this isnt advised for novice users. We have both researched primo extensively, and it is relatively safe ran at high doses(for men) for indefinite durations. And no, it should not be ran for years and years, that should be self explanitory. But so many fitness models, actors, other people in the entertainment industry use it for a long time in alot of cases. But for me, if results slow in week 10, Ill stop, as should anyone. Men apparently need the additional time off to restore HPTA function and normalize hormone levels. In my case because I'm using low aromatizing steroids, in theory, my hormone levels shouldnt get too out of "wack". Also I use BC which is a hormone. So that kind of makes me or a type of HRT, plus I take Armour Thyroid for my thyroid (prescribed). I hope it shows I am learning a little

Female Member
    Sry Dan. I just saw your write up on Clomid. I missed it.

Good stuff Dan.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast