Anabolic Steroids - Steroidal.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Connect with us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Google Plus
Steroids For Sale
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By warmouth

Thread: Mini-G's take on carbs and why he hates low carb diets !

Mini-G's take on carbs and why he hates low carb diets !

Alright ladies and gents I feel I should write a little informative thread on the important of carbohydrates and protein in diets… This is all from research I’ve done over the years and will be taking key points from various articles out there. THIS is the reason I don’t do the whole Keto or low carb thing. This is mostly from memory and of course I’m grabbing at articles for refreshers so if they’re ‘wrong’ blame the PhD’s.

Carbohydrates are our bodies preferred and primary source of energy.. Without them you’re likely to feel sluggish and irritable.. If you’re a bodybuilder and you want to gain mass, skipping on carbohydrates may not be the best route since you will not be able to perform as well without carbs as you do with. You may THINK you do, but on the inside things just aren’t working or moving as they should.

When carbohydrates are consumed they are broken down into their most basic form- glucose. The glucose is then absorbed into the blood stream and transported around the body. No matter what, the brain always gets first pick as it is completely dependent upon carbs for energy. Once satisfied, it ends its gluttony and shared the rest with the remainder of the body. Your body then uses the glucose in the bloodstream to fulfill its CURRENT energy needs. Once that’s done your body will convert the glucose into a storable carbohydrate- glycogen. It then stores the glycogen into the muscle and liver but if the stores get full, the remainder of the glucose loafing around and waiting to be turned into glycogen gets the redlight and gets stored in adipose tissue as fat. The lesson? Too much is not always a good thing.

So how does it get burned for energy and why does it affect workouts? When you begin training at a high intensity the body has a sudden realization that its going to need to produce a lot of energy to allow a high intensity training to occur. It begins converting stored glycogen into ATP (adenosine triphosphate) which releases energy when broken down.. Thus giving you the energy you need to train at a high intensity(the best way to stimulate MUSCLE GROWWTTTHHH)..

If you do not have enough glycogen stored in the muscle and liver your body you’re body will have to switch sources to keep the energy flowing. It turns to the next most readily available source in the body- protein. It begins to break down and convert valuable proteins around the body to use for energy through a process called Ketosis. Fuck ketosis. Now some of you think “well whatever, I get tons of protein in my diet and I’m fine with it being used for energy!” …. Shut up. The body is a smart tool but its ACTUALLY not smart enough to distinguish the difference between ingested protein and protein in muscle tissue. Therefore while your training on no carbs your not actually using fat as a fuel source, you’re burning away valuable proteins and sacrificing LBM (lean body mass.)

Need I say it?... Make sure you have enough carbohydrates to sustain a intense workout!

Are you sure you just dont want to give up those delicious donuts? I am with you in that I like my carbs, but I think the body can still have high enery levels without a bunch of carbs. For one, if you are depraved of carbs, what will the body use as fuel to burn? Fat! You wont have to worry about muscle loss as long as caloires are up, or your on AAS. But like you, I function well with carbs, but I cant say how my body reacts with low carbs. But carbs will increase cell volume by storing water, and with more carbs than you burn during the day will store as fat. Protien wont, and really fats dont to the extent many think. People think that fat causes fat, but the reality is that most fat is not stored, but partially digested and passed. Carbs are the only thing that I can think of that will bloat and store excess fat. My reasoning for this is that bodybuilders eliminate carbs pre comp (I know 4 that is in prep for a local NPC), which tells me that carbs are not idea for cutting and getting shed of as much BF as possible. Carbs are more than beneficial if you dont show or are bulking. And I do see these locals starved of energy, but that comes with the lifestyle. I think the body will burn fat for energy if it dosent have carbs, and there is a ton of well documented research to back that up. But I do think it is something we should try and see what happens. I truely feel that if a person can up protien and fat to make up for the loss of carbs, the body will adjust and use fat as fuel, which is why BBers carb depleat, then load a couple of days before the show.

Yeah cycling isn't so bad but from all my research and studies fat is the back up of back ups, unless, like you said, the person is on AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-G View Post
    Yeah cycling isn't so bad but from all my research and studies fat is the back up of back ups, unless, like you said, the person is on AAS.
    And I am not saying you are wrong. It just seems that the body is capable of adjusting to use other energy sources if the primary source has been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    And I am not saying you are wrong. It just seems that the body is capable of adjusting to use other energy sources if the primary source has been eliminated.
    And I said that it does. The human body has to be one of the most intricate as intelligent things on this planet... If you're building a house using the sharpest nails you have, when you run out, will you use the second sharpest or the dullest? You're saying it will adjust and use fat, when protein and muscle protein is far easier to convert to energy - fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-G View Post
    And I said that it does. The human body has to be one of the most intricate as intelligent things on this planet... If you're building a house using the sharpest nails you have, when you run out, will you use the second sharpest or the dullest? You're saying it will adjust and use fat, when protein and muscle protein is far easier to convert to energy - fact.
    Have you had your happy dump today?
    Mini-G likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Have you had your happy dump today?
    Hahaha I'm not unhappy! Don't take it as me being an arse or anything. Just a friendly rebuttle!

I actually wonder if there's a study on the rate in which your body uses up glycogen stores whole repairing damaged muscles... Like after a intense workout, how long does your body use glycogen and glucose excessively to repair... That would certainly factor in to amounts eaten post workout..

It just ERS me... If people lean up with so little carbs than be my guest! But when people are like IM GUNNA GROW WITH ALL KINDS OF TEST AND NO CARBS ... GO HOME. To get 100% of potential of growth you need to be in a anabolic state. This is where you consume the proper amount of macronutrients every 2-3 hours.... Its Called eating. Without carbs for a long ass period of time your body won't have the proper energy to great those pathways and stimulate growth with all that protein you think is better than carbs. Sure your body has the capability to switch to another energy source and when on AAS that source won't be muscle or protein (apparently) it will be fat. But then it has to expend twice as much energy to break down the fat into usable sources of energy THEN use what's left to do its regular processes .. So you're working twice as hard for half as much.. For growth I will never say "Yeah man!! Do a low carb diet" hell.. Even leaning up should have atleast 30%...

JUST MY OPINION