Anabolic Steroids - Steroidal.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Connect with us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Google Plus
Steroids For Sale

Thread: Growth Hormones and Carbohyrates

Growth Hormones and Carbohyrates

Growth Hormones and carbohydrates.

I’m sure no one here is a stranger to the facts of GH. That being it is one of the most potent protein hormones in the body that is involved in many physiological processes in the body such as regulating metabolism and building muscle. Something most people don’t really understand is that the pituitary gland secretes GH in pulses throughout the day. Up to 85% of GH secretion occurs during the deep sleep cycles. So while you’re sleeping the anterior pituitary gland is secreting high (not as high as when you are born/growing) levels of GH and the GH has a job to do. Some of them being tissue repair which could be from injuries, daily activities, or muscular overload (intense training/bodybuilding), and the breaking down of stored fat to be used as an energy source. Not to mention it helps maintaining blood glucose levels.

So what does carbohydrates have to do with GH and GH secretion?

When complex or simple carbohydrates are consumed the bodies natural response is to release insulin into the blood stream to utilize the glucose in the blood. If you don’t know or understand this process please refer to this thread:

Mini-G's take on carbs and why he hates low carb diets !

So like I said when carbohydrates are ingested insulin gets released in order to do its job in ‘shuttling’ essential glucose and glycogen to where it needs to be. The kicker is, GH and insulin have antagonistic effects. When insulin levels are elevated, GH secretion is suppressed. When GH secretion is elevated, insulin secretion is suppressed. You have to think of it like a Seesaw almost, except when perfectly balanced neither hormone has any affect on the body at all, really.

So for those of you who need visual aid… here ya go! (lol)

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Now blood glucose does not spike when complex carbohydrates (whole grains, beans, yams, etc.) are ingested. It gives ‘slow rise’ to the blood glucose therefore your body secretes a minute amount of insulin to do its job. When simple carbohydrates (table sugar, candy, chocolate, juice, etc.) are ingested blood glucose rises rapidly (spiking) and the bodies insulin secretion level becomes far higher. So you can see that if insulin has an adverse effect on GH then eating simple sugars is not exactly the best idea. But you have to think back to my previous statement that 85% of GH secretion occurs overnight in deep sleep. That means simple sugars (when used properly) throughout the day are fine!

We’ve all heard the saying “Sleep like a baby, grow like a monster” right? I don’t think there’s one single professional bodybuilder who forsakes his 7-8 hours sleep a night for anything. Even with exogenous sources of GH, and GH activators such as CJC, GHRP, Ipamorelin, etc. natural GH during sleep is beneficial. So think twice before having ANY simple sugars before bed! Why?

Let’s do this in stages.

1. Simple sugars ingested
    2. Person goes to sleep
    3. Natural insulin spikes
    4. Natural GH begins to rise
    5. GH causes insulin to suppress
    6. Insulin causes GH to suppress
    7. Both get released VERY slowly and ineffectively- GH doesn’t secrete nearly as much as it should
    8. Blood glucose stays in blood stream FAR longer
    9. Blood glucose begins to store as fat
    10. GH’s tissue repairing, metabolism effects, and fat breakdown rendered inefficient/ineffective
    11. WASTED SLEEP.

So you can see how badly something as simple as eating any amount of simple carbohydrates before bed is very detrimental to any form of bodybuilding. Whether its bulking or contest prep. Avoid the sugars at night! Not just simple though. Complex CAN be detrimental to GH as well because, naturally, our bodies are more resistant to the effects of insulin at night. So add the natural resistance with suppression and you have a hormonal disaster.

Now you have to think of the exogenous sources of GH. Lets forsake ACTUAL Growth hormone injections for now and stick with simple Growth hormone releasing hormones(GHRH), and Growth hormone factors(GHF). If you’re taking any of these peptides to aid in GH secretion for whenever you most want it-which I believe is most effective for fasted cardio/PWO- you have to follow the same rules and guidelines as sleep. Natural GH secretion is free, forced GH secretion costs money so don’t render it ineffective. I think a practical protocol (for the two I mentioned earlier) would be to:

1. Find out the active life of the peptide and how long it stimulates GH secretion
    2. Plan when you will take the shot for its GH secreting effects (fasted cardio/PWO)
    3. Do not have any simple or complex carbohydrates for 2+ hours before shot
    4. Do not have any simple or complex carbohydrates for minimum 2/3 active life duration. (This is dependant on how badly you want the GH effects)
    5. Ride the bicycle (take test)… Testosterone promotes anabolism and will aid in your body NOT breaking down protein/muscle for energy while not having any carbohydrates
    6. Eat plenty of carbohydrates after desired activity and active life passes

Food for thought.

Mini-G Yo’

This is in the wrong place... Oops.
    Dan or Admin... Mind moving it to the GH peptides and Slin forum?...

Or it can stay here considering its about carbs.... You decide lol

Solid info Mini!

I kinda already asked this but is iT ok to ingest simple sugar pwo? does it affect hgh negatively? should I just drink a protein shake pwo and save creatine till another time during the day? also cardio on an empty stomach...good? bad?

Fasted cardio isn't good unless your on cycle juiced up. Otherwise gonna burn a ton muscle. I still think post workout is optimal

I actually spent time reading the post instead of just skimming.... and it answered my questions lol!

I actually spent time reading the post instead of just skimming.... and it answered my questions lol!

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheSauce View Post
    Fasted cardio isn't good unless your on cycle juiced up. Otherwise gonna burn a ton muscle. I still think post workout is optimal
    Maybe HIT, but not anything moderate. Our bodies don't want to use protein for energy, but it will if fat/glucose aren't available which is hardly ever the case.

If you think about it this way, when we had to work for our food, we didn't wake up and have breakfast then go about our day. We would wake up and hunt. How counter productive would it be for our body to use our extremely important muscle for energy during the hunt, rather than the easily attainable fat/glucose stores?
    Last edited by Bull; 04-30-2014 at 06:41 PM.