Steroids For Sale
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By warmouth
  • 2 Post By Admin
  • 1 Post By StanG
  • 1 Post By Admin

Thread: Cholesterol in eggs

Cholesterol in eggs

Is the cholesterol in eggs any bit 'ok' ?? I mean... 2 whole eggs would be a fricken daily limit breaker. I tend to see alot of things say max 300 a day? I just had 4 whole because lately my fats have been low and just come to find out its 780mg cholesterol. Um. What? Lol

Good question Mini and I get told all the time that eggs are horrible. Read up on cholesterols in food and the impact they have on your body. The evidence in most all cases are in favor of eggs and a lot of them. As in most all foods, the cholesterol found in eggs don't "raise"ones lipids as many think. Most all foods high in omegas are used as fat, not cholesterol. High cholesterol in ones body is hereditary or predisposition. I'm sure foods can raise it, but it would be very temporary, like in the time it takes to process your foods. A high cholesterol diet firllor many years might effect you, but even then i dont think the evidence is there to support that. Things that effect your liver are more likely to have a negative impact on cholesterol. That goes for a lot of vitamins and minerals, not just meds and AAS.
    BEAR likes this.

No... Its absolutely fine.

As is consuming animal fat, once thought of as "bad for cholesterol".

Some of the largest consumers of eggs and animal fat in the world have the BEST cholesterol. Eskimos and some African tribes, who eat whale blubbers, eggs, nuts, whole milk, beef, other meats and fish.
    Mini-G and BEAR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    No... Its absolutely fine.

As is consuming animal fat, once thought of as "bad for cholesterol".

Some of the largest consumers of eggs and animal fat in the world have the BEST cholesterol. Eskimos and some African tribes, who eat whale blubbers, eggs, nuts, whole milk, beef, other meats and fish.
    So...ground beef isn't as bad as people make it out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-G View Post
    So...ground beef isn't as bad as people make it out to be?
    Organic grass fed beef is great. So is unpasturised whole milk. Lots of omega-3 in the beef and eggs and large amounts of vitamin C and calcium in the milk.

If you cant afford the organic free range/roaming eggs, use 2-3 of these and 5-6 cheap ones. The goodness is in the yolk of the organic variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Organic grass fed beef is great. So is unpasturised whole milk. Lots of omega-3 in the beef and eggs and large amounts of vitamin C and calcium in the milk.

If you cant afford the organic free range/roaming eggs, use 2-3 of these and 5-6 cheap ones. The goodness is in the yolk of the organic variety.
    Non pasteurized milk? Isn't that like that super thick stuff?

I used to be Lactose Intolerant.. And I wasn't ready to tolerate that. As a youth I loved milk. I drank 250ml and shit organs out everyday. Had to be raised on goats milk... Hence why my teeth are small and fragile. When I was 12-14 I said I had enough and started drinking 500ml a day. Sick non stop... The amount of squirts was TOO DAMN HIGH. I had done no research prior to this to see if you can combat LI and get the body to start producing the proper enzymes.. Was just sick of it. So I drank every day. More and more and more. Now I drink generally a liter a day. As much as 2 a day when my acid reflux acts up I can only have protein shakes because I can't digest anything else and the milk helps calm the pain.

So... Back too the point. 2% and above destroys my system. 1% and skim only. So that 3.25 and other crap.. No way. Didn't go through 2 years of constant shit (literally) to go back to it ;P

Took my girlfriend to the closest city to shop.. I have alot of spare time on my hands while she does te whole running around ad trying shit on so I felt like sharing that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-G View Post
    Non pasteurized milk? Isn't that like that super thick stuff?

I used to be Lactose Intolerant.. And I wasn't ready to tolerate that. As a youth I loved milk. I drank 250ml and shit organs out everyday. Had to be raised on goats milk... Hence why my teeth are small and fragile. When I was 12-14 I said I had enough and started drinking 500ml a day. Sick non stop... The amount of squirts was TOO DAMN HIGH. I had done no research prior to this to see if you can combat LI and get the body to start producing the proper enzymes.. Was just sick of it. So I drank every day. More and more and more. Now I drink generally a liter a day. As much as 2 a day when my acid reflux acts up I can only have protein shakes because I can't digest anything else and the milk helps calm the pain.

So... Back too the point. 2% and above destroys my system. 1% and skim only. So that 3.25 and other crap.. No way. Didn't go through 2 years of constant shit (literally) to go back to it ;P

Took my girlfriend to the closest city to shop.. I have alot of spare time on my hands while she does te whole running around ad trying shit on so I felt like sharing that lol
    In some unpasturised causes no diarrhea at all.

Dietary Cholesterol does not equate to increased cholesterol.
    Increased dietary cholesterol does not increase p... [Eur J Nutr. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
    BEAR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StanG View Post
    Dietary Cholesterol does not equate to increased cholesterol.
    Increased dietary cholesterol does not increase p... [Eur J Nutr. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
    Great find StanG........thank you!!!!!
    ."The only easy day was yesterday"

"I am immortal......I have within me blood of kings.........I am unrivaled.....no man can be my equal"

Good post!

BMJ. 2013 Jan 7;346:e8539. doi: 10.1136/bmj.e8539.
    Egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies.

Rong Y, Chen L, Zhu T, Song Y, Yu M, Shan Z, Sands A, Hu FB, Liu L.
    Source

Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Hubei Key Laboratory of Food Nutrition and Safety, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030 Wuhan, PR China.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

To investigate and quantify the potential dose-response association between egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke.
    DESIGN:

Dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies.
    DATA SOURCES:

PubMed and Embase prior to June 2012 and references of relevant original papers and review articles. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SELECTING STUDIES: Prospective cohort studies with relative risks and 95% confidence intervals of coronary heart disease or stroke for three or more categories of egg consumption.
    RESULTS:

Eight articles with 17 reports (nine for coronary heart disease, eight for stroke) were eligible for inclusion in the meta-analysis (3,081,269 person years and 5847 incident cases for coronary heart disease, and 4,148,095 person years and 7579 incident cases for stroke). No evidence of a curve linear association was seen between egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease or stroke (P=0.67 and P=0.27 for non-linearity, respectively). The summary relative risk of coronary heart disease for an increase of one egg consumed per day was 0.99 (95% confidence interval 0.85 to 1.15; P=0.88 for linear trend) without heterogeneity among studies (P=0.97, I(2)=0%). For stroke, the combined relative risk for an increase of one egg consumed per day was 0.91 (0.81 to 1.02; P=0.10 for linear trend) without heterogeneity among studies (P=0.46, I(2)=0%). In a subgroup analysis of diabetic populations, the relative risk of coronary heart disease comparing the highest with the lowest egg consumption was 1.54 (1.14 to 2.09; P=0.01). In addition, people with higher egg consumption had a 25% (0.57 to 0.99; P=0.04) lower risk of developing hemorrhagic stroke.
    CONCLUSIONS:

Higher consumption of eggs (up to one egg per day) is not associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. The increased risk of coronary heart disease among diabetic patients and reduced risk of hemorrhagic stroke associated with higher egg consumption in subgroup analyses warrant further studies.

PMID: 23295181 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC3538567

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23295181
    StanG likes this.