Clear All

• Edward Snowden...

What does everyone think?

Hero?

Traitor?

Spy from the start?

Hero.

European officials slam US over bugging report

The EU is now even considering sanctions against Washington for all this spying crap. The US has become exactly what they always feared: a police state that monitors and watches their own population and the world's every move. Secret courts, sealed verdicts, and document after document hidden behind a label such as 'top secret'. It's been slowly going that way for a good 30 or so years now. Time for the US government to be exposed as the corrupt POS government it is.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

The USA is getting worse, you're right. But the UK is also a piss take. They tap everything but I dont believe they can monitor it all, the data is simply too big IMO but these systems seem to lift a lid on their ability.

I don't believe he worked for other countries to gather this information and was sickened to find what he saw being contracted for the NSA.

He's got some bollocks thats for sure taking on the USA and revealing all of this as well! Fearless man that has changed his own life forever.

Comment

For me the jury is still out. I may be totally wrong here, but it seems to be that his intentions were not to "reveal state secrets," rather to shine a light on what they were/are perpetrating on all citizens. Let's face it...we are, for all intents and purposes, a police state and its only getting worse. The Constitution means nothing anymore and I think (actually hope) that his actions were based in an effort to wake up his fellow citizens, not to do harm to his country.

Comment

I read somewhere actually that the UK is the most video surveillanced nation either in the world or in the West (I can't remember which). CCTV and video cameras are everywhere in all public places. I don't know about things being tapped or bugged though.

As far as Snowden goes, I don't expect this guy to be alive beyond the next month or two...
          Chief writer for Steroidal.com
          Formerly known as Atomini
          Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
          "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
            I read somewhere actually that the UK is the most video surveillanced nation either in the world or in the West (I can't remember which). CCTV and video cameras are everywhere in all public places. I don't know about things being tapped or bugged though.

As far as Snowden goes, I don't expect this guy to be alive beyond the next month or two...
            Yes the world I think. We have a lot of CCTV cameras, then there was recently what Snowden said about GCHQ (our government listening department), he said it has more power than the Prism system as it tapped directly into internet cables. Fucking joke.

Comment

I cant make a judgement on the topic yet, until I figure more of what is actually going on. Right now, the F B I has every verizon wireless accound under surveillance until august. This monitoring is not for illegal aliens, nor terrorism, but only for the native born americans. This makes me sick. The suoreme court has openly said that this is blatantly unwarranted and is inconstitutional. I agree. Total bs and the new big government the US is running and still adding too, will be the demise of the US and all of our constitutional rights.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                I cant make a judgement on the topic yet, until I figure more of what is actually going on. Right now, the F B I has every verizon wireless accound under surveillance until august. This monitoring is not for illegal aliens, nor terrorism, but only for the native born americans. This makes me sick. The suoreme court has openly said that this is blatantly unwarranted and is inconstitutional. I agree. Total bs and the new big government the US is running and still adding too, will be the demise of the US and all of our constitutional rights.
                I totally agree bro!

Comment

I think there is going to be far more twists and turns in this saga...

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                    I think there is going to be far more twists and turns in this saga...
                    I think you're right. I also think (no, I KNOW) we're not getting the full scoop from the media. They're giving us what they want us to know, hoping to form the opinions they want formed. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the whole story. But, one can hope I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
                      I think you're right. I also think (no, I KNOW) we're not getting the full scoop from the media. They're giving us what they want us to know, hoping to form the opinions they want formed. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the whole story. But, one can hope I suppose.
                      I agree.

I actually wonder how hard the CIA and USA is going after him. They downed a plane carrying the Bolivian president because of him!

Comment

Given temporary Russian asylum. But he wont be releasing more documents just yet, not whilst he's there anyway. The ones that came out recently he had already given to the media.

XKeystroke, Prism, how many more has he got up his sleeve?

It was suggested he had 4 laptops with him when he arrived in HK.

Comment

What is your personal take on him and what he has done?

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                            What is your personal take on him and what he has done?
                            Thats a tricky question...

I think its easier answered by saying that I do NOT agree with what the USA does and other similar agencies. I dont think they need to gather this amount of information, store it or have access to pretty much everything online we do. And I don't believe its "because of terrorism" or similar bullshit. I dont think its necessary, but what do I know about protecting the United States? I think this information gathering is excessive.

I wont go as far as to say its world domination or something on this track, but some of these whacky theories do begin to sound a little bit believable sometimes.

He's got some fucking big bollocks for one. He's taken on the USA/CIA and NSA and doesn't seem to be slowing down. He changed his own destiny in a very big way and I dont think he was acting selfishly at all. His life will be nothing like it was before and he will always be looking over his shoulder.

Comment

What about you?

Comment

Working...
                              X