H2O for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2O for life

Water. Undoubtedly one of the most important substances our body needs. Considering the average human body is 55-65% water and the human brain is 77-78%. The general rule of thumb is the rule of 3. 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. So think about the difference between 21 days and 3 days. Yeah, water important. It takes 8 cups (2L) of water to replace what is lost each day from regular perspiration itself. If you're active at work or home, run, train, or any sort of cardiovascular activity you need MORE than that. Water should ALWAYS be replenished and then some (avoiding over hydration of course)
    So clearly we as bodybuilders, or fitness freaks, obviously need more H2O than the average joe who sits on his couch all day. Water. Not pop, juice, or milk. Yes most products out there are obviously water based but you can't drink 4L of cola a day and say you're healthy. Just drink fresh, sexy, water and you're set. So to be safe, always drink 4L of water a day from morning until night. If you train excruciatingly hard and you sweat through your clothes and the floor, drink more, just always be sure to hit 4L.

The benefits of staying hydrated :
    -Kidney function
    -Brain function
    -Reduced risk of infections
    -Reduced risk of kidney stones
    -General body function (everything I don't feel like listing)
    -Healthy hydrated skin
    -Healthy hydrated muscles
    -Water soluble vitamins and minerals
    -Cold water will cause your body to burn calories heating it to body temperature
    ---The fact that you won't die*
    Etc. etc. etc....

I can go on and on but we all know the basics and how important it is. So what are some signs you're not getting enough water, or are simply dehydrateded?

Mild to moderate dehydration:
    -Dry, sticky or pasty mouth
    -Thirst
    -Headache
    -Decreased urine
    -Dry skin
    -Constipation
    -Sleepiness or tiredness
    -Lightheaded or dizziness

Severe dehydration:
    -Extreme thirst
    -Extreme fussiness or sleepiness
    -Irritability and confusion
    -Very dry mouth, skin and mucous membranes
    -Lack of sweating
    -Little or no urination — any urine that is produced will be dark yellow or amber
    -Sunken eyes
    -Shriveled and dry skin that lacks elasticity
    -Low blood pressure
    -Rapid heartbeat and breathing
    -Fever
    -In the most serious cases, delirium or unconsciousness

So what do you do if you're dehydrated? Even a little or maybe severely? Drink water of course. BUT do not chug back water. Our body can only process so much at once so chugging back a liter of water will not only give you a sore stomach it will just pass the water straight through your system and you'll just piss it out. The body needs to absorb water at its own pace to re-balance it's equilibrium. What's that mean? It means drink water in sips over time. Not a 10ml sip... Just don't chug back. Think of it this way, the body can absorb as much water as it needs so during intense physical activity some can absorb from 1L to 1.5L an hour. So at rest, relaxing or just being out an about you can clearly see you won't absorb 1L. A 500ml bottle will last you an hour or two depending on what you're doing. Just to say, you aren't going to over hydrate of you sink back 1L an hour because you feel really thirsty so don't stress. Just drink from the point you wake up until the point you go to sleep and avoid long periods without water!

This is a good read if you really want to look deeper into it-
    WMI - Article Archives: Hydration

But we all know and understand that water is an extremely important part of our lives and we should never forsake it for taste and sugar.

Stay hydrated my friends!

So, you're saying I should substitute my cokes with water? Kidding. Nice write up mini.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
      So, you're saying I should substitute my cokes with water? Kidding. Nice write up mini.
      Hahaha! Well if its THAT bad I'd start by substitute at least half. Lol a positive step is a positive step.

That's why I did.... I must of drank 2L of root beer every day when I was 15-16... I havent had more than a bottle of pop once every 3 months in like a year and a half

Comment

I do love rootbeer. I havemt had a soda in so long it has just become natural for me not to have one. When I do have one, I can't even finish it. I still like am ice cold RB though.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
          I do love rootbeer. I havemt had a soda in so long it has just become natural for me not to have one. When I do have one, I can't even finish it. I still like am ice cold RB though.
          A&W root beer in there frosted glass

Comment

Coconut water!

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Coconut water!
              Ain't no nuts going in my wata

Comment

Hi Mini-G,
                Very informative post on H2O for life and like to add H2O strengthen our metabolism and helps in losing and maintaining body weight. H2O makes our skin healthy, regulates body temperature and moisturize air in our lungs. H2O protects our joints and other vital organs and prevent us from dehydration.

Comment

Hi Mini,
                  Great post on the importance of H2O and like to add H2O improves metabolism and helps in losing and maintaining body weight. H2O makes our skin healthy,regulates body temperature and moisturizes air in lungs. H2O protects our joints and vital organs and prevents from dehydration also.

Comment

bing

Comment

Working...
                    X