need a good diet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a good diet!!!

Hello all! I need a good diet with high protein!! I dont care for fish at all. Im doing protein shakes three a day. Protein bars for breakfast.

Maybe some chicken??? Eggs??? Lean beef/pork?????

Sounds like you're relying far too heavily on protein supplements. The more of your calories/macros you can get from chewed food the better. Use your shakes, bars, and so forth for filler when you simply can't get the food in. Using shakes and bars as a primary protein source is not good, IMHO.

Comment

Thanks man, i have been eating chicken twice a day.

Comment

Are you monitoring the amount of protein intake? Have you perform a TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calculation for your caloric needs? If not I would suggest that as a very good starting platform. Just my $0.02

Comment

No I haven't. Thanks man.

Comment

There is a quick way to figure your TDEE. It is something like weight x 15. I hope someone knows that little formula. You'll need to cut back on the shakes and use them only when you cant eat (as stated by odinsotherson). TDEE is how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. So if your maintenance is 3000, for instance, to lose weight you would eat 500 less calories a day at most(2500 calories). You can ease into it and cut 300 or so and still lose, but lose slower. Once your TDEE is figured, I would suggest your macros(protien, carbs, and fats) be split something like 40/40/20 or 50/30/20, each number representing the percent of daily calories. Pro/carb/fat. This will give you an idea and you can adjust as needed.
            There is a sticky to show you basic BBing foods. Chicken, beef, eggs, fish, beans, greens, lamb, pork, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G
              Did I really write all that for nothing'? I swear if he doesn't come back I will flip
              Lol. He will be back. He has to be careful on timing when he gets on here.

Comment

Thanks alot!! Im still in the learning stages of all of this.

Comment

And make sure your diet gets in check as well as exercise. Then talk about steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Frasier
                    Take a line of natural and organic protein foods for the better muscular health and weight management.
                    You should prefer to raw eggs, milk, yogurt, meat, chicken, nuts, fish, green beans, and green vegetables for the high protein foods line.
                    Agreed.

Comment

i still dont know why everyone uses the long version of math for this, lol but oh well still works

200x.9 = 180
                      180x15=

Originally posted by Mini-G
                      Use a hand held BMI analyzer at the gym to find your Body fat %. Than follow this. Ill use an example of a 200lb guy at 10% bf

200x.10=20 (weight x BF% = surplus bodyfat)
                      200-20=180 (weight - surplus = LBM-lean body mass)
                      180x15=2700 (LBM x suggested cal per lb = TDEE- total daily energy expenditure)
                      2700+/-???=??? (TDEE plus (for growth) or minus (for leaning up) = total calories for goal)

Lets say this guy wanted to grow.. how far he cares about going offseason (putting on surplus weight) will depict the Caloric increase he's willing to have. Lets say 500.

2700+500=3200 (TDEE+500cals= caloric intake for growth)

Proteins are 4 calories per gram
                      Carbs are 4 calories per gram
                      Fats are 9 calories per gram

A pretty standard split is 40/40/20... This means 40% is protein 40% is carbs and 20% is fats.

3200x.4=1280 (growth cals x 40%= 1280 calories of diet will be protein and 1280 will be carbs)
                      3200x.2=640 (growth cals x 20%= 640 calories of diet will fats)

So you have
                      3200 calories
                      1280 cals from protein
                      1280 cals from carbs
                      640 cals from fats

Now you divide the cals by they're respective cal/g
                      1280/4=320 -- 320 grams of protein
                      1280/4=320 -- 320 grams of carbohydrates
                      640/9=71 -- 71 grams of fats

Use the My fitness pal app on a smartphone to calculate your calories based on your foods you eat. Or use a pen and paper.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by LARGERTHANNORMAL View Post
                        i still dont know why everyone uses the long version of math for this, lol but oh well still works

200x.9 = 180
                        180x15=
                        That was the formula I was looking for.

Comment

Eat turkey/chicken breast, tuna/salmon fish, cheese, lean beef, egg whites, tofu, beans, milk and yogurt more in your meal plans as they are rick source of proteins and to meet your fitness goals.
                          Last edited by Dariaen; 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

sugession

Originally posted by fins247 View Post
                            Hello all! I need a good diet with high protein!! I dont care for fish at all. Im doing protein shakes three a day. Protein bars for breakfast.
                            I want to suggest some food items having proteins in it. These food items are Cheese (Non-fat Mozzarella) having 32 g protein, Lean Beef and Veal (Low Fat) having 36 g protein, Beans (Mature Soy Beans) having 17 g protein, Nuts and Seeds (pumpkin & watermelon seeds, nuts as almond & peanuts) having 33 g protein in it. I hope this info will be useful for you.

Comment

Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love.

Comment

Working...
                              X