Steroids For Sale

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calculating TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

Calculating TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

How do I know how many calories I should be getting per day? We’ll attempt to answer that question here, based upon the goal of the individual. There are two pieces of info that are vital to the success of the calculation and that is your current body weight and % body fat. You need as accurate a measure of your BF% as possible. This calculation is based upon LBM (lean body mass) only, i.e., no fat is used to calculate the energy/caloric requirements. Once you have that, it’s pretty simple. Here we go…

Example: An individual (sex doesn’t matter) whose current BF is 12%, body weight is 195 and whose goal is to maintain their current weight and BF%.

195lbs X 0.88 (%LBM) = 171.6 (lbs LBM)

171.6 X 15 = 2574 calories. This is rough maintenance calories for the person to maintain 195lbs @ 12% BF, i.e., no growth or loss…maintenance.

If this same person decided to gain weight, then they would simply add ~ 500 calories to the 2574, increasing their intake to 3074. Likewise, if they chose to loose weight/BF then a calorie deficit of ~ 500 calories and 2074 calories per day would be a great starting point.

Adjustments can of course be made to the calorie deficit or surplus based upon how one sees their body reacting.

This is excellent and will be used when we start to develop the Nutrition section of Steroidal.com.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X