chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken

any good recipes for chicken. low sodium but lots of flavor. I never precook as I cant stand the taste of reheated chicken... and is it so bad to eat dark meat a few times a week? I like that the fat makes the meat more tender. im not trying to compete but want to eat as clean as poss. usually just cutting out dairy within 3-4 weeks ill drop 5-10% bf and look pretty tight. but id like to get some striation back!

I usually cut it into small pieces and fry it up with a little coconut oil. I use Mrs Dash and the likes for flavor. A friend of mines says he bakes his breasts individually wrapped in tin foil with spices and such in there. I've never tried that yet.

Comment

Why low sodium? As athletes we need it. Helps build muscle and you sweat a ton if lifting hard enough. Im not saying eat salt packets as a snack but going out of your way for low sodium isn't necessary

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheSauce View Post
        Why low sodium? As athletes we need it. Helps build muscle and you sweat a ton if lifting hard enough. Im not saying eat salt packets as a snack but going out of your way for low sodium isn't necessary
        yes I fully understand the concept of electrolytes /fluid imbalances. i have 8 years of med school and have been a PA-C for 9 years and a paramedic for 18. that's why I said low sodium not cutting it out completely, in other words I don't want a high sodium diet. your food (or I should say my food as I do not know what you eat) contains plenty of sodium, meaning unless necessary, you very rarely need to add it to your diet. so again my point is, recipes for chicken, just chicken, that are low sodium. while on a cycle an individual does not need help increasing his/her b/p, I (at times) will retain water like a pregnant woman, and consuming large amounts of protein puts stress on your kidneys, which mixed with high b/p again puts an even greater work load on your kidneys. without getting into the physiology of the whole thing im not saying its bad, again, I get plenty of sodium so I cut it where can and consume it when I need it.

Comment

I really think that sodium is becoming the new fat – people are terrified of it. Yes your processed foods are going to have too much sodium, but that does not mean that if you prepare your own food, you have to stay away from it altogether. I personally like a little chili sauce, sweet and spicy and really adds to the chicken.

Comment

The reason chicken is always included in a healthy diet is because it is basically a lean meat, which means it doesn't have much fat. So, eating chicken regularly can actually help you lose weight in a healthy way. Apart from protein, chicken is also chock full of calcium and phosphorous.

Comment

Working...
            X