Mind Muscle Connection vs. Iron Tossers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind Muscle Connection vs. Iron Tossers

Who here is a firm believer in developing a solid mind muscle connection for incredible pumps? And who just fire the weight on and throw it around as hard as you can screaming WHO'S YO DADDY?

I'm a quality over quantity guy. In highschool I could bench 4 plates (405lbs) with 4 and a quarter being my 1 rep max. I also used to hammer girl 100 lbs dumbbells without leaning ad throwing around my back. Sure I was strong as an ox but my muscle development went nowhere fast.

As soon as I started talking to a friend who had his pro card now, I changed my ways. About halfed to 3/4 dropped most of my weights and went 12-15+ reps to absolute failure, very slow concentrated reps and focusing on MMC.. Forcing to flex my chest not just forcing to lift the weight. It's actually very mentally taxing especially when you're training legs.. My mind will fail before my muscle does. But my muscle gains have never been better

But I also have a friend who trains like I used too and has very good results too. All things told, not as good as mine... So who trains like what and how?

When i was younger i was all about heavy weights. Now i could care less and I am all about super strict form and burning the muscle out to complete failure!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim230027 View Post
      When i was younger i was all about heavy weights. Now i could care less and I am all about super strict form and burning the muscle out to complete failure!
      BINGO! Don't get me wrong I still go heavy occasionally, but heavy all or most of the time will lead to two previously dislocated shoulders like I have to contend with from 20 years ago. Yep, that crap will haunt you forever.

Comment

Originally posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
        BINGO! Don't get me wrong I still go heavy occasionally, but heavy all or most of the time will lead to two previously dislocated shoulders like I have to contend with from 20 years ago. Yep, that crap will haunt you forever.
        Yep. A friend in his 50's now said the same thing. Sat me down and told me to stop with this heavy weight crap and explained it all too me

Comment

Slow wins the race. I don't do barbell bench at all during workouts. Too much presssure on my shoulders. I do 1 rep once a month to check progress.

Comment

Working...
          X