Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Rolling

Who does it? What do you use for what?

I use an actual foam roller for quads, hams, glutes, and back. For pecs, tris and delts, I use a tennis ball. For biceps and forearms, I use a piece of PVC pipe a little bit thicker than a standard barbell.

I love foam rolling. I remember doing it for the first time on my biceps, and I could feel the scar tissue breaking up, and the skin was red and hot afterwards. Not so much anymore, but the recovery from it is great. Definitely worth the investment especially with the name "poor man's massage therapist."

I forgot to use my brand new one yesterday. But since I'm on my forced days off I'm going to foam roll the knots and scar tissue right the fuck out!!! Oh apparently if you take a HOT shower right after foam rolling its very beneficial to relax the 'hot spots' for knots.

Comment

This may also interest you
      If you have an injury involving the tearing of your muscles or other tissues that injury is going to get repaired with scar tissue. (Unavoidably.)

Scar Tissue is NOT muscle or tendon – It’s a patch of gluey stuff, (collagen) and even after it’s formed – healing is still miles away from being finished.

It’s essential to understand that the healing process tends to be sloppy and excessive, like when they patch a pothole in the road… Is it ever smooth and level? There’s always a bump left, isn’t there?

An injury to your muscles and tendons can literally cause them to get stuck – Glued together within their layers and to each other, because of this imperfect, “cram-the-pothole-way” that Scar Tissue forms.

And Soft Tissue Release is the fastest way I know of to help free your muscles and tendons from all that restrictive Scar Tissue stickiness and make the road smooth for you again.
      You can read the full article here.
      Soft Tissue Release: THE Deep Tissue Massage in Marin for Muscle & Tendon Injuries

But of course you don't need a massage therapist you can use a various arts of rolling and massage with balls like NoBull does. He rubs balls all over his biceps and pecs.

Comment

Here's some good foam rolling forms

image.jpg

Comment

You guys ever used 2 inch pvc pipe for this? It'll bring tears to your eyes, but it feels good after. It seriously feels like some kind of torture.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
            You guys ever used 2 inch pvc pipe for this? It'll bring tears to your eyes, but it feels good after. It seriously feels like some kind of torture.
            And nothing with a 2 inch radius coming around me

Comment

I'm going to buy some PVC pipe and a ball tonight. Gunna roll this body out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
                I'm going to buy some PVC pipe and a ball tonight. Gunna roll this body out!!!
                Did you do it? I didn't get on lastnight. It hurts like a mofo, but it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                  Did you do it? I didn't get on lastnight. It hurts like a mofo, but it works well.
                  I had some PVC pipe home. I rolled out pretty damned good. Including my back with my new foam roller.

Comment

Working...
                  X