New here. Couple questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here. Couple questions.

I'm 41. Weigh 205 and 13% Body fat. 6 foot tall. Been training for 15 years. Most of my training has been maintenance, just muscle retention type training, not growth. Only this past couple years have I been training with the purpose of growth.

I've only managed to blast Testosterone only cycles. Done so 4 times now. I think I'm ready for another steroid to be added in. What do you guys reocmmend? My goal is to addd another 10 lbs and hopefully drop body fat down to 11%. Would love to be 215 at 10% but I'll settle for 11

My current tdee is 2700. So I'm thinking a 2-part cycle. Bulk, then cut during the same cycle. Are my goals achievable? Currently on a macro breakdown of 300 prot./300 carbs/65 fats.

Any advise?

How have the past cycles of Testosterone only treated you?

Comment

Your macro split is good it's a solid 310 calorie surplus. You can always eat more if you wanna do the work to make sure your BF doesn't go up. As for th 2 part cycle... Someone else will have to chime in I know nothing of making that work. But of course you don't want to be on cycle for too long. What test where you using in your test only cycle?

Comment

So long as test works, it can't be beat. To bulk then cut, I personally would run higher test the initial part, then maybe lower it back at the end and add anavar or winstrol. However, you can bulk and cut with test only depending on how you adjust your diet. Welcome to the forum! A lot of good people here.

Comment

I would not consider trying to bulk and cut in the same cycle. It CAN be done but the commitment to diety and training is not easily achievable. I would concentrate on droping your goal BF naturally then cycle to add additional tissue.

The damn bulk and cut cycle is about as productive as a domestic abuse cycle. You dd fat and muscle then in an attempt to cut fat you lose a good portion of the muscle tissue then start the cycle all over again.

Lean bulking is where it's at IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
            I would not consider trying to bulk and cut in the same cycle. It CAN be done but the commitment to diety and training is not easily achievable. I would concentrate on droping your goal BF naturally then cycle to add additional tissue.

The damn bulk and cut cycle is about as productive as a domestic abuse cycle. You dd fat and muscle then in an attempt to cut fat you lose a good portion of the muscle tissue then start the cycle all over again.

Lean bulking is where it's at IMO
            Agree with this. A lean bulk with a dialed in diet is where it's at.

What type of test have you been using? Exact protocol? Ai pct doses etc. the more info u give us the better

Comment

At OPs bf, it makes me think more of a bulk and a "dry up" at the end more than a cut. Thats what I would do anyways. Between the 2 I said (anavar or winstrol), I would opt for anavar first due to the fact that winstrol can have some sides that are unpleasant. I prefer winstrol anyday, but my liver tells me different. Great stats btw.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                At OPs bf, it makes me think more of a bulk and a "dry up" at the end more than a cut. Thats what I would do anyways. Between the 2 I said (anavar or winstrol), I would opt for anavar first due to the fact that winstrol can have some sides that are unpleasant. I prefer winstrol anyday, but my liver tells me different. Great stats btw.
                I disagree. i think it would be more benifical if he get to or close to his desired BF% and THEN start lean bulking to add additional muscle tissue and min. fat. Why add and then subtract...then end up having to add all over again? Cut the fat...then add the muscle

Comment

thanks for the replies. My last test cycles were good. Only the last 2 cycles did I pay close attention to diet. Now that I understand diet, Im looking to maximize beyond just test.

Comment

Originally posted by TroN View Post
                    Agree with this. A lean bulk with a dialed in diet is where it's at.

What type of test have you been using? Exact protocol? Ai pct doses etc. the more info u give us the better
                    I dont do pct as I'm on testosterone therapy, but I still wait 6 months between cycles. Protocol i simple, 500mg cyp twice weekly (250 each), I use anazsrozole at .5 every other day. And I run 12 week cycles. I never come off of hCG which I use 350 iu twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                      I dont do pct as I'm on testosterone therapy, but I still wait 6 months between cycles. Protocol i simple, 500mg cyp twice weekly (250 each), I use anazsrozole at .5 every other day. And I run 12 week cycles. I never come off of hCG which I use 350 iu twice a week.
                      My suggestion...drop that BF to the 10 or 11% naturally then start your cycle and add in an some Deca during your clean bulk

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                        I disagree. i think it would be more benifical if he get to or close to his desired BF% and THEN start lean bulking to add additional muscle tissue and min. fat. Why add and then subtract...then end up having to add all over again? Cut the fat...then add the muscle
                        Agree to disagree... just kidding. I'm with yoy and what you are saying. I'm only saying from experience what I personally like. Him being 13%, if he is like me, won't put much fat on even with a bulk. There is no point of me dropping body fat since I lose a lot while using AAS, regarless the compound. It just helps me burn fat. Thats why I mentioned what I did. With deca I did bloat a little, but when I added winstrol at the end, night and day. I understand you, and that is by far the best way to do it if you can drop the additional fat before.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                          goooooood enough for me! being that your on TRT, cutting "naturally" to 10-11% should be a cake walk, so i agree with link on this one as well.

what compounds were you thinking of running?

whats your reasoning behind running 2 cycles a year while on trt? just to stay on the "safer" side of things?

Comment

2 cycles a year is pretty standard as it gives the body as much time at high normal levels as your blast. Its just hard for one to stay at that high normal level right?

Comment

haha for the past couple years im sure ive either been at supraphysicological levels or low levels lol ive only had to stay at high normal levels for two weeks and by the end of the first week i was chomping at the bit! haha

i was just curious, if i was on actual trt i would probably switch to running 8 week cycles and run 3 a year...

Comment

Working...
                              X