Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan, I got bloods done a few days ago and just got the results back. Everything is normal except my Cortisol range is high. Doc showed me it should be around 143-530 and it's 548. Figure may be off slightly, but the estimations are right. At the time of the test, I was on 60mcg T3 for 3 weeks, and mod-grf and GHRP-2. Last shot of the peps was about 16 hours prior to first blood draw and only took a t3 dose after first blood draw, which is the lab that the doc was showing me. Any of these drugs have an affect or cortisol? I know little of cortisol itself, so I'm putting the research in now.

Comment

• Hi Dan,

want to blast and cruise.. just completed cycle of sustaston 750mg 14 weeks/ Deca 500mg 12 weeks… want to cruise on 250mg of sust and than do a blast of tren with keeping the test at a trt dose. Any help or info greatly appreciated. also if i should run Hcg now if so how should i go about it.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bull View Post
        Dan, I got bloods done a few days ago and just got the results back. Everything is normal except my Cortisol range is high. Doc showed me it should be around 143-530 and it's 548. Figure may be off slightly, but the estimations are right. At the time of the test, I was on 60mcg T3 for 3 weeks, and mod-grf and GHRP-2. Last shot of the peps was about 16 hours prior to first blood draw and only took a t3 dose after first blood draw, which is the lab that the doc was showing me. Any of these drugs have an affect or cortisol? I know little of cortisol itself, so I'm putting the research in now.
        First off, how is your training? Are you overtraining at all? How do you feel on a regular basis, fatigued or any lethargy?

Out of all of the things you are using, I THINK that one or more of the growth hormone secretagogue peptides might be causing it. I don't have any evidence on hand at the moment, but if I recall correctly, I think one or both of those peptides (GHRP / Mod-grf) have been shown in studies to cause an increase in cortisol. Don't take me 100% on that at the moment, but I do remember reading a few studies that demonstrated this, but in the meantime try to look them up (a quick search on pubmed.com should yield lots of results) and see.

Originally posted by davet View Post
        Hi Dan,

want to blast and cruise.. just completed cycle of sustaston 750mg 14 weeks/ Deca 500mg 12 weeks… want to cruise on 250mg of sust and than do a blast of tren with keeping the test at a trt dose. Any help or info greatly appreciated. also if i should run Hcg now if so how should i go about it.

Thanks
        I don't see a problem with that. I think if you're going to cruise, the use of HCG or something like Triptorelin every so often should be done in order to maintain HPTA and/or Leydig cell function. For more info on how to employ HCG during cycles/cruises, see our HCG profile on the main site (specifically, the HCG doses section of the profile).
        Chief writer for Steroidal.com
        Formerly known as Atomini
        Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
        "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

• Bull, I just did a search on studies involving GHRP-2 and the conclusion is that it more often than not does seem to induce cortisol release via the stimulation of release of ACTH (adrenocorticotropin hormone).

Here's one study I found: http://apps.webofknowledge.com.ezpro...mRightClick=no

You might not be able to see that link since I logged into my university account to access it (the benefits of being a pre-med student is that I have access to the full papers when looking up studies). If you can't see it, just look up the study: 'Concordant and discordant adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) responses induced by growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2), corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and insulin-induced hypoglycemia in patients with hypothalamo-pituitary disorders: evidence for direct ACTH releasing activity of GHRP-2 '.
          Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
          "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan C View Post
            First off, how is your training? Are you overtraining at all? How do you feel on a regular basis, fatigued or any lethargy?

Out of all of the things you are using, I THINK that one or more of the growth hormone secretagogue peptides might be causing it. I don't have any evidence on hand at the moment, but if I recall correctly, I think one or both of those peptides (GHRP / Mod-grf) have been shown in studies to cause an increase in cortisol. Don't take me 100% on that at the moment, but I do remember reading a few studies that demonstrated this, but in the meantime try to look them up (a quick search on pubmed.com should yield lots of results) and see.
            Originally posted by Dan C View Post
            Bull, I just did a search on studies involving GHRP-2 and the conclusion is that it more often than not does seem to induce cortisol release via the stimulation of release of ACTH (adrenocorticotropin hormone).

Here's one study I found: http://apps.webofknowledge.com.ezpro...mRightClick=no

You might not be able to see that link since I logged into my university account to access it (the benefits of being a pre-med student is that I have access to the full papers when looking up studies). If you can't see it, just look up the study: 'Concordant and discordant adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) responses induced by growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2), corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and insulin-induced hypoglycemia in patients with hypothalamo-pituitary disorders: evidence for direct ACTH releasing activity of GHRP-2 '.
            Training nearly every day, cardio every day, caloric deficic most days, but I feel good. Not tired. Some workout days are only say, calves, abs and forearms. Nothing intensive. But I think with all the stress from that, and the GHRP on top of it, my cortisol should be raised. Thanks Dan! Was hoping something like this was the cause.

Comment

• Yeah it's been a while since I did a lot of research on the growth hormone releasing peptides, and I forgot about the details regarding cortisol release. ALL ghrelin mimetics (so basically anything with the GHRP name) causes release of Cortisol. Growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) analogues (so in other words, things like mod-grf and CJC-1295) DO NOT cause cortisol release. That is because they operate through a completely different pathway and different receptors than the GHRP analogues. Don't make the mistake of thinking both are the same and that both cause Cortisol release.

There are one or two Ghrelin mimetics that do not cause Cortisol release at all, such as Ipamorelin and one other, which I forgot the name since it's been a while since I've kept on top of this stuff. But yeah, watch out with the GHRPs since all of them to different degrees cause Cortisol release. I can't remember which one is the worst for it, but if I remember correctly it could be GHRP-2 that is the worst for that. GHRP-6 is the worst for Prolactin release.

Comment

Yeah it's been a while since I did a lot of research on the growth hormone releasing peptides, and I forgot about the details regarding cortisol release. ALL ghrelin mimetics (so basically anything with the GHRP name) causes release of Cortisol. Growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) analogues (so in other words, things like mod-grf and CJC-1295) DO NOT cause cortisol release. That is because they operate through a completely different pathway and different receptors than the GHRP analogues. Don't make the mistake of thinking both are the same and that both cause Cortisol release.

There are one or two Ghrelin mimetics that do not cause Cortisol release at all, such as Ipamorelin and one other, which I forgot the name since it's been a while since I've kept on top of this stuff. But yeah, watch out with the GHRPs since all of them to different degrees cause Cortisol release. I can't remember which one is the worst for it, but if I remember correctly it could be GHRP-2 that is the worst for that. GHRP-6 is the worst for Prolactin release.
                Hexarelin is the other one. Did some more reasearching after you posted and GHRP2 does produce the most prolactin and cortisol, but also the strongest GH pulse if I understood correctly. GHRP6 might only produce a slight rise in prolactin and cortisol but only at higher doses. I'm going to keep my dosing under 80mcg a shot in hopes it'll help.

Comment

• Two glute infections at once led me to believe I have a contaminated vial or vials of a Test and Tren blend. I read a lot of different methods about baking it, but as always it's hard to trust what you hear on the interwebs. I have another shot today of 1ml in each delt, and it would be dreadful to have both delts infected. What would you recommend for sterilizing? I don't have any syringe filters unfortunately.

Comment

Two glute infections at once led me to believe I have a contaminated vial or vials of a Test and Tren blend. I read a lot of different methods about baking it, but as always it's hard to trust what you hear on the interwebs. I have another shot today of 1ml in each delt, and it would be dreadful to have both delts infected. What would you recommend for sterilizing? I don't have any syringe filters unfortunately.
                    Autoclaving.

Buy a pressure cooker and put the vial in it with some water (follow the instructions) at 15 psi for 12-15 minutes, then let it cool and you're good to go.

It will kill most pathogens but not big stuff where you need a filter. Better than nothing though.

Do this with ALL UGL products.

Comment

• Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      Autoclaving.

Buy a pressure cooker and put the vial in it with some water (follow the instructions) at 15 psi for 12-15 minutes, then let it cool and you're good to go.

It will kill most pathogens but not big stuff where you need a filter. Better than nothing though.

Do this with ALL UGL products.
                      Hrmmm, was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase anything extra. Walmart sells one that operates at 15psi for 40$ CAD. I'll pick that up. Thanks!

Comment

Hrmmm, was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase anything extra. Walmart sells one that operates at 15psi for 40$ CAD. I'll pick that up. Thanks!
                        Follow their instructions on heating and maintaining heat/pressure.

The vial will not explode and it might be hot when you take it out of the cooker after, so let it cool.

Comment

• Yup, you can do what Admin mentioned. Also adding some BA might help too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Admin View Post
                            Follow their instructions on heating and maintaining heat/pressure.

The vial will not explode and it might be hot when you take it out of the cooker after, so let it cool.
                            Originally posted by Dan C View Post
                            Yup, you can do what Admin mentioned. Also adding some BA might help too.
                            I can't find any in town at all, I checked every store. Are there any other options for me? I may have some BA at home, not sure.
                            Last edited by Bull; 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Internet (research chem companies) are your best bet I think.

Comment

Internet (research chem companies) are your best bet I think.
                                I ended up baking them at 175F for 2 hours. Shot both delts with 2x.5ml (front a side) yesterday. So far so good. A little swelling but that's expected. No redness.

Comment

Working...
                                X