This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Ask Dan a Question' thread!

As many of you already know, I am regarded as a walking encyclopedia when it comes to all things AAS and PED (performance enhancing drug) related. My knowledge is pretty darn extensive and it only continues to grow every day through my studies at school as well as my research, writing, and works on here. This thread is for anyone at any time to ask me any advanced, sophisticated, or complex questions about anabolic steroids and PEDs. I would encourage people to ask me ANYTHING in this thread, but the idea of this section of the forum itself is for anyone to post their basic questions. With that being said, as much as i'd like to answer them, I want to avoid very basic questions here in this thread. Basic questions such as:

"Can you drink Winny?" The answer is yes, for those of you already wondering!

"Help me, i'm getting gyno 2 weeks into my cycle, what can I do about it?"

"Please review my Test/Deca/Dbol cycle."

"What exactly does Nolvadex do vs. Arimidex?"

Most of those basic questions should be posted here in their own threads, and most can in fact be answered in the articles on the main Steroidal.com page. This thread is for the more complex questions and/or detailed and advanced discussions on AAS. I can't exactly provide examples of what a complex question might be, but i'm sure people will know when they have one. It could be related to something complex about someone's bloodwork, it could be about something experimental, a new compound that has hit the scene, or unique and unconventional methods of AAS use, or even advanced techniques of cycling. I will say this though: I will always be the first one to admit that I don't know everything, I never find any shame in admitting I was wrong or mistaken about something when I am proven wrong about a particular theory, idea, or piece of knowledge. If there is a question I don't yet know the answer to, I will simply respond by saying that the question is outside my scope of knowledge. I'll do my best to look into and research anything about any questions that I might not know the answer to, or for topics that are too advanced for me. It helps me learn more things. For example, a few months back I was approached by a personal friend of mine who was trying to help someone out who was having messed up endocrine issues after using Propecia. It sounded foreign/strange to me but I told him I would look into it, and lo and behold, I discovered something called Post-Propecia Syndrome (or Post-Proscar Syndrome) that involves the long-term/permanent inhibition of the manufacture of one of the three 5-alpha reductase enzymes (5-alpha reductase 2), which results in very low levels of an important hormone and marker known as 3-alpha Androstanediol Glucuronide (3AG) in the body. Needless to say, I learned A LOT about something I never would have otherwise known.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know. I think that has best described my journey and process through this fascinating subculture of anabolic steroids and PEDs, and of science and medicine in general. I enjoy answering questions, and writing articles not just because I can inform and educate others, but I also learn a lot through doing so myself. It's a continuous learning process for me.

So, here we go, ask away!

EDIT: I ALSO WANT TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS HERE TOO!! Please do not feel as though you might be intruding on me or that I am the only information dispenser here. If there is a question that YOU know the answer to that someone is asking, by all means chime in!
    Last edited by Dan C; 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

dan...why am i so darn good looking? oh wait...PED....ummm ill get back to ya! lol

good to have this thread...i missed wiki......dan

Comment

Deca seems to be a longer ester than most, does this mean I can inject 500mg once per week, and still see results?

Comment

Originally posted by TroN View Post
        dan...why am i so darn good looking? oh wait...PED....ummm ill get back to ya! lol

good to have this thread...i missed wiki......dan
        Could be the Trenbolone? lol

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
        Deca seems to be a longer ester than most, does this mean I can inject 500mg once per week, and still see results?
        It might seem logical to think that because a compound exhibits a much longer half-life that you can get away with less frequent injections. Well, it depends on how long the half-life is, but it also depends on the pharmacokinetics of the agent in question. For example, did you know that ALL long-estered compounds generally create a very sharp rise/spike in blood plasma levels? It's true, compounds with the Enanthate or Decanoate ester affixed to them will generate a spike over approximately a 24 - 48 hour period, after which it will level off and drop quicker than you think. It will, however, last long enough in the body to supply whatever hormone the ester is affixed to for however long the half-life is (in Deca's case, about 15 days). For someone using it for medical purposes, they could 'get by' on doing this. But for the purpose of performance and physique enhancement, it is very different. You need to maintain blood levels that are as stable/steady as possible at the dose you want it, and that means ideally Deca should still be administered twice weekly with each injection spaced evenly apart. Granted, if you administered Deca once weekly, the rollercoaster in blood plasma levels wouldn't be as bad as a hormone with the Enanthate ester affixed to it if you did the same thing with that, but ideally you want to still keep blood levels as steadily elevated as possible.
        Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
        "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

For TRT I'm shooting 125mg of Cypionate (that seems to be the general dose for people)... I know the cyp half life is 12 days but should I still take it in 2 shots a week or one?

Comment

Great. Thank you. Very informative.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
              For TRT I'm shooting 125mg of Cypionate (that seems to be the general dose for people)... I know the cyp half life is 12 days but should I still take it in 2 shots a week or one?
              For TRT, one single shot per week is all you need. You can do two if you want, it doesn't hurt, but it isn't necessary.

The reason why two shots per week with longer esters is required while on cycle (or a 'blast' if you're on TRT) is simply due to the fact that, as I mentioned earlier, for performance enhancement you need to have blood levels remaining as steady as possible. Steady peak blood plasma levels also reduces the incidence of side effects. Within medicine, for TRT, there are doctors who even prescribe 1 shot of Enanthate every two weeks. Yes, I think that is TOO infrequent even for HRT, but it is just an example of the difference between the requirements for medical/therapeutic use, and performance-enhancing use.

Comment

Great! Thanks alot Dan. Another thing.. Now that I'm hopeless until I get a new doctor.. Is there any ancillaries I should take while on trt dose? And when I blast... Is there any different protocols than a normal cycle?

Comment

idk how much knowledge you have on this, but ill ask anyway, maybe admin can chime in as well...

during the filtering process of making your own gear, what bacteria and/or virus can pass through a .22 syringe filter? do you know at what temp that bacteria would be killed off at and at what temperature (ballpark) the horemons would start to degrade?

Comment

Dan, why doesn't tron answer PMs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
                      Great! Thanks alot Dan. Another thing.. Now that I'm hopeless until I get a new doctor.. Is there any ancillaries I should take while on trt dose? And when I blast... Is there any different protocols than a normal cycle?
                      Keep an aromatase inhibitor on hand. Sometimes you might need it, even with TRT. When you blast, just follow normal cycle protocols since blasting is basically cycling... doses are high enough to cause aromatization, etc.

idk how much knowledge you have on this, but ill ask anyway, maybe admin can chime in as well...

during the filtering process of making your own gear, what bacteria and/or virus can pass through a .22 syringe filter? do you know at what temp that bacteria would be killed off at and at what temperature (ballpark) the horemons would start to degrade?
                      Pharmaceutical companies use autoclaves to kill off bacteria and sterilize medicines and/or equipment. An autoclave is a machine used to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure saturated steam at 121 °C for around 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the load and the contents. It is pretty much the equivalent of boiling it. Autoclaves are widely used in microbiology, medicine, tattooing, body piercing, veterinary science, mycology, dentistry, chiropody and prosthetics fabrication. They vary in size and function depending on the media to be sterilized. A medical autoclave is a device that uses steam to sterilize equipment and other objects. This means that all bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores are inactivated. However, prions, such as those associated with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, may not be destroyed by autoclaving at the typical 134 °C for three minutes or 121 °C for 15 minutes. Bacteria can be killed off at 100 °C (212 °F), which is the boiling point of water.

Unlike peptides, anabolic steroids are such small and compact hormones with unique polarity, electronegativity, fat solubility, and other chemical properties that they require extreme heat to destroy them. For example, Testosterone 's melting point is 155 °C (311 °F). You'd have to put it in heat as hot or hotter than that to begin damaging/degrading steroid hormones.

As far as I know, 0.22 UM micron filters will remove bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella (and most other bacteria types), but no commercially available filters will be able to remove viruses (in fact I don't think there exist any filters small enough to block viruses). EPA and CDC recommend an absolute one micron filter (or one labeled for cyst removal) to remove Cryptosporidium. According to an EPA publication, here are some common water contamination problems and their size in microns: Giardia Lamblia – 8 to 12 microns; Cryptosporidium Parvum – 4 to 6 microns, Bacteria like E. coli and salmonella – 0.2 to 4 microns; Viruses – 0.004 to 0.1 microns.

Comment

Depending on the compound, most heated at 120-160º will killed. Of course the component plays a big part. Dont want to over heat it. No much can live if you ba and bb are properly dosed. The filter should catch almost all, the the autoclave would finish the job.
                        I learned this from a great man named Pann.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
                          Keep an aromatase inhibitor on hand. Sometimes you might need it, even with TRT. When you blast, just follow normal cycle protocols since blasting is basically cycling... doses are high enough to cause aromatization, etc.

Pharmaceutical companies use autoclaves to kill off bacteria and sterilize medicines and/or equipment. An autoclave is a machine used to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure saturated steam at 121 °C for around 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the load and the contents. It is pretty much the equivalent of boiling it. Autoclaves are widely used in microbiology, medicine, tattooing, body piercing, veterinary science, mycology, dentistry, chiropody and prosthetics fabrication. They vary in size and function depending on the media to be sterilized. A medical autoclave is a device that uses steam to sterilize equipment and other objects. This means that all bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores are inactivated. However, prions, such as those associated with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, may not be destroyed by autoclaving at the typical 134 °C for three minutes or 121 °C for 15 minutes. Bacteria can be killed off at 100 °C (212 °F), which is the boiling point of water.

Unlike peptides, anabolic steroids are such small and compact hormones with unique polarity, electronegativity, fat solubility, and other chemical properties that they require extreme heat to destroy them. For example, Testosterone 's melting point is 155 °C (311 °F). You'd have to put it in heat as hot or hotter than that to begin damaging/degrading steroid hormones.

As far as I know, 0.22 UM micron filters will remove bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella (and most other bacteria types), but no commercially available filters will be able to remove viruses (in fact I don't think there exist any filters small enough to block viruses). EPA and CDC recommend an absolute one micron filter (or one labeled for cyst removal) to remove Cryptosporidium. According to an EPA publication, here are some common water contamination problems and their size in microns: Giardia Lamblia – 8 to 12 microns; Cryptosporidium Parvum – 4 to 6 microns, Bacteria like E. coli and salmonella – 0.2 to 4 microns; Viruses – 0.004 to 0.1 microns.
                          just so you know, im copying and pasting that, im not going to reference you because they dont know who you are lol but just so you know! :P

Comment

Yup, make sure you use BA and BB, filter it, and then heat it up to at least 100 °C or slightly above, and your gear should be sterile. I wouldn't do 160 °C though, as Testosterone's melting point is 155 °C. You'd be risking destroying the hormone.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                              Dan, why doesn't tron answer PMs?
                              what you talkin about willis?

Comment

Working...
                              X