This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
    Yup, make sure you use BA and BB, filter it, and then heat it up to at least 100 °C or slightly above, and your gear should be sterile. I wouldn't do 160 °C though, as Testosterone's melting point is 155 °C. You'd be risking destroying the hormone.
    with my prop i do add the ba and bb and filter and it starts to disolve at about 180F which is about where i keep it. then use a pressure cooker at 15psi for 30 minutos

Comment

What's the difference between grapeseedoil and cottonseed oil for brewing ... Have any knowledge on dat der? I'm getting all prepped up for this

Comment

Originally posted by TroN View Post
        with my prop i do add the ba and bb and filter and it starts to disolve at about 180F which is about where i keep it. then use a pressure cooker at 15psi for 30 minutos
        Yes that sounds about right. Keep in mind I don't know a whole lot about brewing, I am still learning about it myself, but what you mentioned sounds correct.

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
        What's the difference between grapeseedoil and cottonseed oil for brewing ... Have any knowledge on dat der? I'm getting all prepped up for this
        Not a whole lot from the standpoint of the brewing itself. You should realize that there are perhaps hundreds of different types of oils that people can use to brew their gear (grape seed oil, tea tree oil, avocado oil, cedar wood oil, etc. etc. there are literally hundreds of types). Some oils are thicker than others, some oils are thinner than others and flow more freely. Perhaps some might brew/blend better with some gear powder than other types. The reason why one particular oil might be used above another is, for example, because it might present less PIP (post injection pain) than another type of oil. Someone might be allergic to one particular oil and might instead opt to use a different oil. There are lots of reasons, but it's generally related to personal preference, convenience, etc.
        Chief writer for Steroidal.com
        Formerly known as Atomini
        Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
        "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Yes that sounds about right. Keep in mind I don't know a whole lot about brewing, I am still learning about it myself, but what you mentioned sounds correct.

Not a whole lot from the standpoint of the brewing itself. You should realize that there are perhaps hundreds of different types of oils that people can use to brew their gear (grape seed oil, tea tree oil, avocado oil, cedar wood oil, etc. etc. there are literally hundreds of types). Some oils are thicker than others, some oils are thinner than others and flow more freely. Perhaps some might brew/blend better with some gear powder than other types. The reason why one particular oil might be used above another is, for example, because it might present less PIP (post injection pain) than another type of oil. Someone might be allergic to one particular oil and might instead opt to use a different oil. There are lots of reasons, but it's generally related to personal preference, convenience, etc.
          Ahhhh. I'm going to stick with grapeseed... It's tried and true

Comment

My knee-jerk response to your question would be: yes, it should be possible for you to start sooner following a 2 week break period.

HOWEVER, my extent of knowledge on female AAS use is very limited and i'm still trying to learn more and more. It is a very different dynamic than male AAS use. With that being said, the 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off recommendation is for the avoidance of virilization. I have no idea if virilization might become more of an issue with 2 weeks off versus 4 or more weeks off in between cycles. I don't think that should be the case, provided all androgens are clear for those 2 weeks to give the body a break. It takes time for the virilization to "wear off" so to speak (I know i'm using loose informal terms here). The other reason for a 4 weeks off suggestion is because I know that although females do not have the same HPTA axis that males do, females still go through a hormone rebound during the post-cycle period. I do know that Estrogen levels still skyrocket. I do not know if this is the result exclusively of aromatization with aromatizable androgens, or if this is the result of any and all AAS use (even the compounds that do not aromatize, such as Anavar, Winstrol, Promobolan, etc. which are the common female-friendly compounds). It seems like females still end up with post-cycle hormone imbalances as well, but slightly different than males.

These are all things I have to continue researching, and it would be great if any experienced female AAS users could chime in here on this one to help me answer your question. It would help me learn more for myself as well! These are also thing that need to be learned through experience - it might not be a bad idea for you to try out 2 weeks off in between cycles and report here (perhaps make a log on this forum) to record your findings. It would help contribute to the growing knowledge base for female use.
            Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
            "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Dan, your thoughts on clomid in general for PCT, is it old practice?

Comment

I am in no way saying this is 100% correct it is just the knowledge I'm sharing from my personal research I did to respond similar questions for other females!

You also want to take into account, Lady Warmouth, the length of your cycles and the size of them. You have to take into account the fact that the heart is a muscle too. Albeit a smooth wall muscle and doesn't gain mass like your skeletal muscle. The heart won't get bigger persay bu it gets TOUGHER. Harder to pump and that can (obviously) cause problems. Without getting off cycle for an appropriate amount of time to let your body get 'catabolic' while you fast an such to allow the heart to get healthy again. That and the CNS does need a break.

This life is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't fall because you want to rush.

Comment

Originally posted by LARGERTHANNORMAL View Post
                  Dan, your thoughts on clomid in general for PCT, is it old practice?
                  Ohhh boy, don't get me started on this topic! LOL. Yes, I believe that Clomid is a bygone of the pre 1990s. It is far less effective than Nolvadex for the restoration of Testosterone production, and it even exhibits activity at the pituitary and hypothalamus that will actually serve to inhibit production of gonadotropins. I explain this in the Clomid profile on the main site. But for a more detailed explanation, I am going to have to create a whole new thread on this topic (which I will do eventually). But for now, I will simply say that in light of recent clinical data and knowledge of the last 15 - 20 years, Clomid is an old, outdated, less effective compound that people need to stop using.

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
                  I am in no way saying this is 100% correct it is just the knowledge I'm sharing from my personal research I did to respond similar questions for other females!

You also want to take into account, Lady Warmouth, the length of your cycles and the size of them. You have to take into account the fact that the heart is a muscle too. Albeit a smooth wall muscle and doesn't gain mass like your skeletal muscle. The heart won't get bigger persay bu it gets TOUGHER. Harder to pump and that can (obviously) cause problems. Without getting off cycle for an appropriate amount of time to let your body get 'catabolic' while you fast an such to allow the heart to get healthy again. That and the CNS does need a break.

This life is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't fall because you want to rush.
                  The heart thing is a giant misnomer when it comes to anabolic steroid use. Research has demonstrated that athletes, regardless of anabolic steroid use, all end up with larger hearts. I have explained this with references to back up my points in the steroids side effects article: Steroids Side Effects | Steroidal.com just scroll down to the subtopic "Cardiovascular Side Effects (Heart Enlargement)". The issue of heart enlargement can be summed up by the following:

- All athletes who engage in intense physical exercise experience heart enlargement (what type of enlargement is differentiated by the type of training).
                  - Despite the different variations in heart growth, it is common knowledge that no disruption in actual heart function has ever been observed.
                  - Excessive abuse of anabolic steroids have demonstrated more detrimental changes in the heart muscle, but responsible modest use has never demonstrated such changes.
                  - The heart, like all muscles, will atrophy back down to its normal size during periods of inactivity or periods where anabolic steroids are discontinued.

Comment

Ohhh boy, don't get me started on this topic! LOL. Yes, I believe that Clomid is a bygone of the pre 1990s. It is far less effective than Nolvadex for the restoration of Testosterone production, and it even exhibits activity at the pituitary and hypothalamus that will actually serve to inhibit production of gonadotropins. I explain this in the Clomid profile on the main site. But for a more detailed explanation, I am going to have to create a whole new thread on this topic (which I will do eventually). But for now, I will simply say that in light of recent clinical data and knowledge of the last 15 - 20 years, Clomid is an old, outdated, less effective compound that people need to stop using.

The heart thing is a giant misnomer when it comes to anabolic steroid use. Research has demonstrated that athletes, regardless of anabolic steroid use, all end up with larger hearts. I have explained this with references to back up my points in the steroids side effects article: Steroids Side Effects | Steroidal.com just scroll down to the subtopic "Cardiovascular Side Effects (Heart Enlargement)". The issue of heart enlargement can be summed up by the following:

- All athletes who engage in intense physical exercise experience heart enlargement (what type of enlargement is differentiated by the type of training).
                    - Despite the different variations in heart growth, it is common knowledge that no disruption in actual heart function has ever been observed.
                    - Excessive abuse of anabolic steroids have demonstrated more detrimental changes in the heart muscle, but responsible modest use has never demonstrated such changes.
                    - The heart, like all muscles, will atrophy back down to its normal size during periods of inactivity or periods where anabolic steroids are discontinued.
                    That makes sense. But is responsible modest use doing a 3 month cycle, taking 2 weeks and doing 3 more months? I don't think that's responsible or modest in use for humans in general (gender aside)

Comment

What I'm saying is that I think specifics in cycle length and dose should be given. If you do 2 weeks on 2 weeks off well.. That's a big difference compared to 16 on 2 off 16 on... Na'am sayin?

Comment

Good stuff Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Warmouth
                          Thank you very, very much Dan. It isnt that I am inpatient at all. I can easily wait 4 weeks, it is just that I felt so good and I was getting great results from about week 4 on. What sucked is I feel I cut myself short because the results started to show up more so in week 4, which only gave me 1.5-2 weeks at the high dose of 10mgs. This is why I think next time I will either go 10 mgs weeks 1-6, or 7.5, 15, 15, 15, 15, 7.5. I honestly think my dose could be higher due to the total lack of side effects. Not that I am asking for any side effects because I dont want them. I just feel comfortable with being able to adjust my dose if side effects do arise. Trust me when I say I dont look to experience side effects! I am smart enough to be able to detect them and lower if they do come up.

One more thing. Do you recomment some type of PCT for women? I have heard a low dose of clomid works well for 2 weeks after steroid use. Any research behind that? And would you like for me to log this upcoming cycle in the Anabolic Steroid Forum? I am really contemplating loading/deloading this one with 10mgs a day for week 1 and 6, and run 15mgs during the 4 week peak period. Adjust sides if needed. What do you think?
                          Clomid use in females is a different animal compared to male Clomid use. I honestly have no knowledge of how its use might be applied to a female in the post-cycle period. Where did you hear about this? From a female AAS user? If so, any reasons given to support the suggestion to use Clomid? Off the top of my head, with the knowledge I currently have of Clomid, I can't see how it would help, really... but I've heard of mild AI doses for female use in the post-cycle period in order to bring Estrogen back down to normal levels.

Comment

As far as I know, all AAS use in females will throw off the menstrual cycle, but in an unpredictable manner. For the most part, it would make it difficult to conceive, but there are those women who were on AAS that have (but I am willing to bet they are the rare exception), but having children while the mother is on AAS is never recommended, as it is proven to cause birth defects (IF the woman can even conceive while on AAS to begin with). Fertility is always interrupted with AAS use in females though. Therefore, I am thinking that using birth control alongside AAS would greatly increase the chances of being unable to conceive. Take one thing that makes it difficult to conceive, and combine it with something else that makes it difficult to conceive, and you have double the effect.

Comment

As far as I know, all AAS use in females will throw off the menstrual cycle, but in an unpredictable manner. For the most part, it would make it difficult to conceive, but there are those women who were on AAS that have (but I am willing to bet they are the rare exception), but having children while the mother is on AAS is never recommended, as it is proven to cause birth defects (IF the woman can even conceive while on AAS to begin with). Fertility is always interrupted with AAS use in females though. Therefore, I am thinking that using birth control alongside AAS would greatly increase the chances of being unable to conceive. Take one thing that makes it difficult to conceive, and combine it with something else that makes it difficult to conceive, and you have double the effect.
                              Her fear was that EM and GGR both said to drop BC while on. BC is basically estrogen and that itslef will hinder gains a bit. Im just thinking that with me being on TRT, Im pretty well taking a powerful contraceptive(as good as BC pills anyways). I think the chances of her getting pregnant would be slimmer when taking var and off BC with me being what I am. Do you think this Dan?

Comment

Yes, BC is Estrogen, it messes with the negative feedback loop when administered to females, resulting in disrupted ovulation. If she's going off BC, it would remove that effect obviously. But she'll be on a cycle of AAS, so that will also serve to disable fertility as I previously mentioned. You being on TRT should reduce your sperm count (but it takes 8 weeks or so at least for levels to get significantly low). BUT you also need to understand that at a certain dose (around 100 - 300mg/week), Testosterone will exhibit a contraceptive effect in men. At HIGH doses of exogenous Testosterone, it will actually INCREASE fertility! So watch it if you're on a blast/cycle! There is a lot of literature online about this if you just google it, you'll see. In any case, I don't think you should have issues with getting your wife pregnant with all factors considered, BUT don't take things for granted because i'm sure you've also heard of people who ended up getting their wives/girlfriends pregnant while on-cycle. With the both of you being on AAS, I think the chances should be low. But there is always still a small chance. Best thing to do is for your wife to observe her ovulation while on AAS and be aware of disruptions/changes in the patterns just like regular BC would.

Comment

Working...
                                X