Common question: "will heating up my oils kill the hormone in it?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common question: "will heating up my oils kill the hormone in it?"

This is actually a pretty common question I want to address, only because I've been running it into more and more recently, from friends as well as people messaging me. It tends to come up in waves every so often, though I am surprised to see no threads have been made here yet asking the question:

"Will heating up my oil-based gear ruin/destroy/deactivate/kill/degrade the anabolic steroid within it?" or "will leaving my vial(s) in a hot car in the summer destroy the hormone?"

The answer is no, with one exception: Trenbolone. But I will explain that exception in a moment. It is common for many to heat their vials up over the stove top, with a blow dryer, or in some hot water prior to injection in order to reduce the viscosity of the oil in order to make the injection smoother, easier, and less painful. You can in fact bring nearly all oils to boiling point of water (100 degrees Celcius / 212 degrees Fahrenheit) and it will not "kill" the hormone. In fact, hormones cannot be "killed", as they are not living organisms (but I am just being nit-picky about terminology here). Regardless, the degradation point of most anabolic steroids is far beyond what you would typically heat it up to in a car on a hot summer day or prior to injection. Note that heating it up to boiling point prior to injection is excessive and unnecessary. Maybe a minute over the stove top is all that is needed. Remember, you just want to warm it up.

Now, what about Trenbolone? Well, this is pretty much the only anabolic steroid that is actually very sensitive to heat. Trenbolone Acetate's melting point is about 200 - 205 degrees Fahrenheit (93 - 96 degrees Celcius). Trenbolone Enanthate has slightly lower melting point, but that is due to the Enanthate ester affixed to it. Trenbolone is one particular anabolic steroid that is highly sensitive to oxidation and degradation (hence its natural dark color), and its degradation point is 100 degrees Celsius or above. You can easily see how close its degradation point is to its melting point, and this is very evident when it comes to its color change (the more it is heated towards and beyond its degradation temperature, the darker it becomes). Trenbolone can degrade very easily if it is heated up far too much, so keep this in mind. I'd also like to add that the vast majority of underground laboratories manufacturing Trenbolone are likely overheating it and producing severely degraded and under-strength Trenbolone products as a result. Properly manufactured Trenbolone should yield a yellowish golden color (with some small exceptions). If it is extremely dark to the point of being dark amber, or brown (or darker), chances are you have overheated and thus degraded and under-strength Trenbolone that was likely manufactured by someone who did not know what they were doing.

So, no, a small warming up of the vial prior to injection (or leaving it in a hot environment) will not destroy the hormone. The enemy of injectable anabolic steroids is not heat, but is instead cold. If the temperature drops too much, the solution risks crashing whereby the hormone returns to its crystal/powder state and settles at the bottom of the vial. The hormone in this case is not damaged in any way, but will require re-heating in order to restore it into a solution. So, do not keep your injectables in the fridge or the freezer.

And a small side-note on heating oils to thin the viscosity prior to injection: if the oil is already very thin due to higher benzyl benzoate content, or through the use of special oil carriers such as ethyl oleate, there is usually no need to heat it up in order to thin it even more for the injection. If the oil is too thin, you will run the risk of oil leaking back out of the muscle into the subcutaneous tissue, pooling up in the area and causing swelling, redness, edema, and pain due to irritation that will last for anywhere from 2-4 days until it subsides and clears. It is not lethal, but can be quite uncomfortable and painful.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Excellent post.

Comment

Great info Dan.

Now I suspect myself of over heating, thus degrading the potency of my own brew. It has worked great for me, but now I wonder if it could have been stronger if I had known this before brewing.
      ."The only easy day was yesterday"

"I am immortal......I have within me blood of kings.........I am unrivaled.....no man can be my equal"

Comment

Absolutely. Trenbolone requires special care when brewing it into a useable form. Probably one of the safest methods to ensure full potency is to simply take it in its raw powder form, add solvent and co-solvent (BA and BB), and let it simply sit and soak until it dissolves at room temperature (no heating), and once fully dissolved, add the oil carrier. This obviously would take a longer time, as one would need to wait for this to happen, but there is literally no risk of having it hit the degradation point this way. If it doesn't fully dissolve after waiting X amount of time (lets say, 10 - 15 minutes), heating it up slowly until the rest fully dissolves is acceptable. If anyone is home brewing anything (not just Trenbolone) this is the way it should be done. Remember as well that once the hormone is dissolved in the solvents and carrier, the properties change (due to the intermolecular forces) and there is less risk of the hormone hitting the point of degradation as the heat is increased, but there is still a fine line with Trenbolone, it's quite a delicate compound.
        Chief writer for Steroidal.com
        Formerly known as Atomini
        Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
        "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Awesome freaking thread! Sticky material for sure! Great point on tren. It is common for people to think the darker it is, the better. It is a common thought around here. I like to brew my tren with 100% EO (well i use BA and BB of course) at 150mgs. In theory, I would be fine without heat and just filter it, but I always do heat it a bit. I feel safe keeping the solution between 150-200 degrees, but opt for the lower temp most times. I can keep it at 150 degrees for an hour if need be, and it stays a brilliant gold color, about like apple juice. I have over heated and it been more like used motor oil, and that's what people considered the best, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
            Awesome freaking thread! Sticky material for sure! Great point on tren. It is common for people to think the darker it is, the better. It is a common thought around here. I like to brew my tren with 100% EO (well i use BA and BB of course) at 150mgs. In theory, I would be fine without heat and just filter it, but I always do heat it a bit. I feel safe keeping the solution between 150-200 degrees, but opt for the lower temp most times. I can keep it at 150 degrees for an hour if need be, and it stays a brilliant gold color, about like apple juice. I have over heated and it been more like used motor oil, and that's what people considered the best, lol.
            Agreed, users think the darker colour means its really strong when in reality, its probably just oxidised.

Comment

Working...
            X