When to Start PCT (Test Esters Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to Start PCT (Test Esters Only)

Disclaimer: I am not, nor claim to be a medical authority. What I offer here is based solely upon my own research and experiences.

The definition of what PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) is and why we need it has already been explained in the sticky, http://forums.steroidal.com/pct-foru...-examples.html . That being said, knowing when to start your PCT is valuable information and is critical for ultimate success.

We will move forward with when to start your PCT after rehashing a few ground rules first. As has also already been discussed in other stickies/threads, for PCT to be ultimately effective one should endeavor to include HCG & and AI on cycle, from the onset of the cycle. Some individuals, for whatever reason, will wait until week 4, 5, or even 6 to begin administering HCG…this is a mistake. Begin HCG the day before first pin of test and continue to administer the day before each pin of test until 3-4 days before PCT is scheduled to begin at a dose of 250-500 i.u. per week. The administration of exogenous testosterone will lead to complete shut down of test production by the testes through the pituitary’s lack of LH (luteinizing hormone) production. LH is the “signal” for your testes to produce test. HCG will mimic LH production, thereby allowing the testes to remain active and producing test as well as combating atrophy. This will greatly enhance the user’s PCT protocols and allow for a much more seamless and “painless” recovery. Like wise, the use of an AI (aromatase inhibitor) while on cycle is critical for controlling estrogen levels and administration of the AI should be continued until PCT commences, at which point the user should drop the use of the AI. Another nice benefit from the use of an AI is it’s propensity to combat water/fluid retention.

When to begin your PCT protocols: First of all, there are multiple factors such as the variety of compounds used on cycle, age, one’s own capacity to metabolize the compounds, dosage of AAS, etc, etc, which can and will influence start times. For the purposes of this discussion we will focus on beginning, standard dose cycles of testosterone only. It seems that most people coming to the board looking for these types of answers are relatively new and inexperienced in the world of AAS usage; therefore let’s keep it simple. As one progresses and gains knowledge, one will learn to tweak the cycle/PCT as needed. As a side note, allow me to offer what is purely my own opinion…too many people will run a single, basic test only cycle and think, “I have my ‘beginner’s cycle’ out of the way. Now I’m ready to stack multiple compounds.” Not so in my opinion. A person new to AAS usage should run at least 4-5 test cycles only, slowly but steadily increasing the dosage of test as they proceed before attempting to “stack.” Again, that’s my $0.02. Any vet’s, mod’s or others who feel this isn’t a necessity please feel free to correct my position.

This is only a short list for testosterone only, and is a general guide. Please note, there is no “magic number” we are searching for in terms of residual, exogenous test for the start of PCT. Start times are rooted in the half life of the particular ester attached to the test. For a description of esters, see this thread: http://forums.steroidal.com/anabolic...r-removed.html

Sustanon: 18 days after last pin

Test Cypionate: 18 days after last pin

Test Enanthate: 14 days after last pin

Test Propionate: 3 days after last pin

Test Suspension: 24 hours after last pin

Note that the longer the ester, the longer the wait from last pin until PCT begins. Again, these are not hard and fast numbers; rather, they are a general guide which seems to work well for most individuals. Some people will metabolize at a faster rate, albeit probably not by a significant amount, and could perhaps begin slightly earlier. Conversely, those who metabolize more slowly may add a day or two. Without meticulous blood work, a designer start time developed for each individual would be impossible. What we are trying to accomplish is to begin PCT while enough test remains in the system to facilitate recover, while not starting too early while too much test remains which would inhibit or stall the PCT protocols.

I hope this little bit of info helps. If anyone sees errors, additions, retractions, omissions, etc, please feel free to correct.
    Last edited by OdinsOtherSon; 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM.

Originally posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Disclaimer: I am not, nor claim to be a medical authority. What I offer here is based solely upon my own research and experiences.

The definition of what PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) is and why we need it has already been explained in the sticky, http://forums.steroidal.com/pct-foru...-examples.html . That being said, knowing when to start your PCT is valuable information and is critical for ultimate success.

We will move forward with when to start your PCT after rehashing a few ground rules first. As has also already been discussed in other stickies/threads, for PCT to be ultimately effective one should endeavor to include HCG & and AI on cycle, from the onset of the cycle. Some individuals, for whatever reason, will wait until week 4, 5, or even 6 to begin administering HCG…this is a mistake. Begin HCG the day before first pin of test and continue to administer the day before each pin of test until 3-4 days before PCT is scheduled to begin at a dose of 250-500 i.u. per week. The administration of exogenous testosterone will lead to complete shut down of test production by the testes through the pituitary’s lack of LH (luteinizing hormone) production. LH is the “signal” for your testes to produce test. HCG will mimic LH production, thereby allowing the testes to remain active and producing test as well as combating atrophy. This will greatly enhance the user’s PCT protocols and allow for a much more seamless and “painless” recovery. Like wise, the use of an AI (aromatase inhibitor) while on cycle is critical for controlling estrogen levels and administration of the AI should be continued until PCT commences, at which point the user should drop the use of the AI. Another nice benefit from the use of an AI is it’s propensity to combat water/fluid retention.

When to begin your PCT protocols: First of all, there are multiple factors such as the variety of compounds used on cycle, age, one’s own capacity to metabolize the compounds, dosage of AAS, etc, etc, which can and will influence start times. For the purposes of this discussion we will focus on beginning, standard dose cycles of testosterone only. It seems that most people coming to the board looking for these types of answers are relatively new and inexperienced in the world of AAS usage; therefore let’s keep it simple. As one progresses and gains knowledge, one will learn to tweak the cycle/PCT as needed. As a side note, allow me to offer what is purely my own opinion…too many people will run a single, basic test only cycle and think, “I have my ‘beginner’s cycle’ out of the way. Now I’m ready to stack multiple compounds.” Not so in my opinion. A person new to AAS usage should run at least 4-5 test cycles only, slowly but steadily increasing the dosage of test as they proceed before attempting to “stack.” Again, that’s my $0.02. Any vet’s, mod’s or others who feel this isn’t a necessity please feel free to correct my position.

This is only a short list for testosterone only, and is a general guide. Please note, there is no “magic number” we are searching for in terms of residual, exogenous test for the start of PCT. Start times are rooted in the half life of the particular ester attached to the test. For a description of esters, see this thread: http://forums.steroidal.com/anabolic...r-removed.html

Sustanon: 18 days after last pin

Test Cypionate: 18 days after last pin

Test Enanthate: 14 days after last pin

Test Propionate: 3 days after last pin

Test Suspension: 24 hours after last pin

Note that the longer the ester, the longer the wait from last pin until PCT begins. Again, these are not hard and fast numbers; rather, they are a general guide which seems to work well for most individuals. Some people will metabolize at a faster rate, albeit probably not by a significant amount, and could perhaps begin slightly earlier. Conversely, those who metabolize more slowly may add a day or two. Without meticulous blood work, a designer start time developed for each individual would be impossible. What we are trying to accomplish is to begin PCT while enough test remains in the system to facilitate recover, while not starting too early while too much test remains which would inhibit or stall the PCT protocols.

I hope this little bit of info helps. If anyone sees errors, additions, retractions, omissions, etc, please feel free to correct.
    Great stuff, thanks.

Comment

Excellent post! Great basic information for those running Testosterone-only cycles perhaps for the first time.
      Chief writer for Steroidal.com
      Formerly known as Atomini
      Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
      "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

I noticed you suggesting an increase in test doses with each cycle...I would argue that increasing is only necessary when gains begin to diminish from the first dose amount. I see no reason to go from 400 to 600 to 800 to 1G of test simply because you already did a smaller dose last time. I'm sure I took what you said in the literal sense but you do have to speak to a board like 12 year olds for the most part (unfortunatly)!

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
          I noticed you suggesting an increase in test doses with each cycle...I would argue that increasing is only necessary when gains begin to diminish from the first dose amount. I see no reason to go from 400 to 600 to 800 to 1G of test simply because you already did a smaller dose last time. I'm sure I took what you said in the literal sense but you do have to speak to a board like 12 year olds for the most part (unfortunatly)!
          I agree, and I make a point of this in almost every profile and article on the main site. I know that OdinsOtherSon did say "steadily increasing the dosage of test as they proceed before attempting to “stack.”" and that is a very vague description. It should be clarified a bit further so as to mention the specific circumstances by which the dose should be increased. Too many people indeed think that every subsequent cycle needs to have a higher dose than the last. No it doesn't. I know people who have been cycling for years on Testosterone-only, and their first cycle was 500mg/week, and 8 years later they are using 700mg/week.
          Chief writer for Steroidal.com
          Formerly known as Atomini
          Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
          "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
            Originally posted by Dan C View Post
            I agree, and I make a point of this in almost every profile and article on the main site. I know that OdinsOtherSon did say "steadily increasing the dosage of test as they proceed before attempting to “stack.”" and that is a very vague description. It should be clarified a bit further so as to mention the specific circumstances by which the dose should be increased. Too many people indeed think that every subsequent cycle needs to have a higher dose than the last. No it doesn't. I know people who have been cycling for years on Testosterone-only, and their first cycle was 500mg/week, and 8 years later they are using 700mg/week.
            Excellent points guys. I've gone back and edited to include this info. Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention. Link is right, its amazing how much of this stuff has to be spoon fed...."turn off alarm clock, sit up in bed, put feet on floor, stand up....." Great points guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
              As a great man once said, "Grow into your dose!" Ahhhh, I remeber it like yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X