Anabolic Steroids - Steroidal.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Connect with us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Google Plus
Steroids For Sale

Thread: Training Partner

Training Partner

So about 25 years ago in the Airforce my roomate had the same passion for the gym and from time to time we trained together at the base gym. Since then training with a partner has never really happened. Started hanging out socially with a guy at the gym. (I can't wait for the remarks I will get on that comment but I can assure you all that I love women) Anyway started training with him a couple days ago and I am pretty happy with results. Its nice getting a spot to push out a few extra reps. I am looking forward to see if I see any changes due to the increased intensity. I've always done drop sets or rest pause by myself but I believe a good spot really gets you past failure.

The hardest problem for me and any partner is that it is hard to find one willing to train the same without sulking or wanting to do other exercises. The reason for this I believe is due to different goals or lack of knowledge. I'd like to find someone on par with my goals and routines. I dont think it is possible unless you find someone new to the sport and wanting to learn.

Yea the reason I never have partner is due to many of the same reasons. Workout days times need to jive. You want to workout with someone close to your level so you are not adding and taking off large amounts of weights between sets. Need someone flexible. I really lucked out with this guy so far. He is a fireman so his schedule is very flexible and he is willing to basically work on my schedule. We are at about the same level and for now he is willing to use my routine and my split. So basically I have not changed anything. I'll see if it lasts but I am willing to change split and do some new workouts to change it up. I hope he is around when I am blasting cause I really think it would help get some better results.

With him being around during you blast, he might get discouraged, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    With him being around during you blast, he might get discouraged, lol.
    He looks like he is on gear as well. Subject has not come up and I am a bit paranoid about sharing that info.

Had a great chest workout yesterday. That is one workout that a good spot is nice to have.

I tried with and without training partners and I worked out that best was for me was both with and without. Sometimes my training was so that I didn't need one, so I didn't like one, I was fine with my earphones. Then other times when following HIT, I felt I needed one and it was good to push each other.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    The hardest problem for me and any partner is that it is hard to find one willing to train the same without sulking or wanting to do other exercises. The reason for this I believe is due to different goals or lack of knowledge. I'd like to find someone on par with my goals and routines. I dont think it is possible unless you find someone new to the sport and wanting to learn.
    This is exactly how I feel as well. In my beginning days of training over 10 years ago, I started with a partner briefly, fell out of training, and then got back into training later. I looked for a partner again but ended up getting used to training on my own. Eventually I adopted Meltzer/Yates style HIT (which I still train with to this day), and there are so few people who train in such a manner that I can't find a partner to begin with. So I've just become used to training alone to the point where I prefer it that way. All I need is a good spot to push past failure and that's it, and I can usually approach someone in the gym for that 20 seconds of their time.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth