Andreas Metzger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andreas Metzger

What do some of you guys think of his early death? I have been reading about him for days now and have some conclusions on what I think. The guy stayed "contest ready" all year, and did every IFBB show he could. He had alot of pressure to stay in shape, which I think lead to his demise. I have yet to see anyone as "shredded" as him. He looked like a lizard or something. An article I read about him, which was a friend of his, said he never did the "heavy" stuff like high test, anadrol, or sustanon, but used primarily water-based compounds. Winstrol, parabolan, primobolan A, and anavar. He was known to use winstrol and anavar for many months with little to no break. He used high doses of potassium depleating diuretics as well, via wiki. His autopsy showed that half of his liver was crumbled mass that looked like styrofoam. Officially he died of multiple organ failure (kidneys and liver) and a severely bleeding stomach.

We all know there is risks to what we do, but with self-control and moderation, I truley think we can live longer and healthier than most. After all, most of us are strict about our health over our looks. And I think that AAS can assist in a healthier lifestyle if used properly and moderately. I am just baffled by Andreas and his way of life. There is no way we can attribute his health problems to anything else other than abusing these compounds. I fully understand his reasoning, and I dont disrespect him for it at all. I just wish that he wasnt faced with the pressure to be "ripped" all year and that he had someone who could have been a mentor to him and helped keep him safer. He is a prime example of what abuse, over-use, and pressure to perform can do to someone. Not even steroid related. We can overdo anything. We can spend too much time at work, spend money on crap that isnt even needed, or give our time to people outside of our families. Anything can be over done. I just wanted to share this, as reading about him has taken someof my time and has made me think alot about different things. It has shown me that I need to be more frugile and to not overdo things that could be detrimental to my health or harm someone else.

I believe his name was Andreas Munzer.

He died because of the diuretic he used, as is common among most bodybuilder deaths. It caused him to become so dehydrated that his blood was as thick as sludge from the used engine oil of a car. AAS is not the killer of pro/competitive bodybuilders - diuretics are.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
      I believe his name was Andreas Munzer.

He died because of the diuretic he used, as is common among most bodybuilder deaths. It caused him to become so dehydrated that his blood was as thick as sludge from the used engine oil of a car. AAS is not the killer of pro/competitive bodybuilders - diuretics are.
      This is exactly what I've taken from all I have read on. He not only used high doses of diuretics, but high doses of several diuretics. No doubt that was the key factor. This is what made me think about risk to reward and getting prioroties straight. Diuretics can define a bodys composition, but they should be done so in moderation, as with anything. I do believe that if he was in fact using winstrol for years with little to no breaks, like I've read, that could have been a cause of the crumbly liver. That is what sticks out to me the most. That his liver was shot to pieces for no telling how long without him knowing. His biggest sponsor and owner of a german gym didn't want him to schedule regular doctirs visits because it would take his time away from promoting the gym. It happened long ago, but it still hits a nerve when reading about it.

Comment

It was munzer. I was reading so much that I got bodybuilders confused. Eeesh!

Comment

Yes, diuretics and severe dehydration seems to be the problems in competitive bodybuilding near stage time.

The large amounts of anabolic steroids used as well doesnt help.

Comment

Already decided diuretics weren't for me after a few tries with little success in my last prep. For those who don't know, here's what he looked like. I don't think I've ever seen leaner! Respect to this guy.

Comment

He looked reptillian for sure. In his autopsy report, the examiners noted the complete lack of subcutaneous fat. I haven't seen leaner, but it was just too much. And he was such an amazing guy. A real class act.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G
                Look at the delts... You can see the DNA for fuck sakes
                LMFAO!!! Now that is proof of some serious shred-factor.

Comment

Working...
                X