Hate my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate my job

Ohhhh god I'm so tired of this place. Child like mentality at it best. Walking all over each other to look good for the boss.... It's retarded. That and all I do is sit down for 12 hours. I'm actually looking to venture over to the oil rigs or a mine soon. Alberta or Saskatchewan bound! Will Kill my
    Gym life but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Most camps have a gym anywayq

im in the oilfield in texas, i dont have much free time, but i have time to go to the gym almost every day. But i think it may be run differently then up there.

Comment

Dunno how hard you work there but in Canada it's borderline illegal slave labour

Comment

well i used to bust my ass. but i dont did graduate to lower level management lol

now i just sit in a truck most of the day and monitor our equipment via laptop (on it now), every now and again ill go walk around and visually inspect the pumps. every once in awhile ill have to work on something (im a heavy machinary mechanic), but most of the time i just watch and make sure the other mechanics are doing it right. pretty gravy train these days. get paid more for doing less...never understood it, but gotta play the game!

Comment

Originally posted by TroN View Post
          well i used to bust my ass. but i dont did graduate to lower level management lol

now i just sit in a truck most of the day and monitor our equipment via laptop (on it now), every now and again ill go walk around and visually inspect the pumps. every once in awhile ill have to work on something (im a heavy machinary mechanic), but most of the time i just watch and make sure the other mechanics are doing it right. pretty gravy train these days. get paid more for doing less...never understood it, but gotta play the game!
          It's a sin eh? ... Unless you're the one getting that money lol. I'm going to go out and work up a pretty bank then come home and take a trade... Head back out and make twice.

So weird... As a Labourer here it's like BITCH GRAB THAT 500LBS OBJECT AND BRING IT HERE. When you have a trade it's like NO! Go get a crane or hoist and do it the easy way.

Comment

I love my job...hate everyone I encounter though

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
              I love my job...hate everyone I encounter though
              Contractors, union members, even delivery guys are awesome. But I'm staff, and staff hates staff for some dumb reason.

Comment

Working...
              X