X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan C View Post
    I read somewhere actually that the UK is the most video surveillanced nation either in the world or in the West (I can't remember which). CCTV and video cameras are everywhere in all public places. I don't know about things being tapped or bugged though.

As far as Snowden goes, I don't expect this guy to be alive beyond the next month or two...
    Yes the world I think. We have a lot of CCTV cameras, then there was recently what Snowden said about GCHQ (our government listening department), he said it has more power than the Prism system as it tapped directly into internet cables. Fucking joke.

Leave a comment:

• Dan C
    replied
    I read somewhere actually that the UK is the most video surveillanced nation either in the world or in the West (I can't remember which). CCTV and video cameras are everywhere in all public places. I don't know about things being tapped or bugged though.

As far as Snowden goes, I don't expect this guy to be alive beyond the next month or two...

Leave a comment:

• OdinsOtherSon
    replied
    For me the jury is still out. I may be totally wrong here, but it seems to be that his intentions were not to "reveal state secrets," rather to shine a light on what they were/are perpetrating on all citizens. Let's face it...we are, for all intents and purposes, a police state and its only getting worse. The Constitution means nothing anymore and I think (actually hope) that his actions were based in an effort to wake up his fellow citizens, not to do harm to his country.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    The USA is getting worse, you're right. But the UK is also a piss take. They tap everything but I dont believe they can monitor it all, the data is simply too big IMO but these systems seem to lift a lid on their ability.

I don't believe he worked for other countries to gather this information and was sickened to find what he saw being contracted for the NSA.

He's got some bollocks thats for sure taking on the USA and revealing all of this as well! Fearless man that has changed his own life forever.

Leave a comment:

• Dan C
    replied
    Hero.

European officials slam US over bugging report

The EU is now even considering sanctions against Washington for all this spying crap. The US has become exactly what they always feared: a police state that monitors and watches their own population and the world's every move. Secret courts, sealed verdicts, and document after document hidden behind a label such as 'top secret'. It's been slowly going that way for a good 30 or so years now. Time for the US government to be exposed as the corrupt POS government it is.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    started a topic Edward Snowden...

Edward Snowden...

What does everyone think?

Hero?

Traitor?

Spy from the start?
Working...
X