Blogging/URL Creation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogging/URL Creation?

Hey guys! I'm looking into a way to start a blog and don't know how to get started. Looking for some pointers from some of you
    that know a little more about the internet. I'm looking to blog about philosophy and related material, and still have a way that people can comment on the blog. I'm not into facebook or anything like that, I just want a way people can sign in and read. I just need an outlet right now to spill out into. I've looked into weebly, but I'm unsure if I can create a site there with a URL that links direct to the blog. Example: "philouniverse.org"
    The above is only an example, but just to give y'all an idea as to what I'm looking to do. Really don't want to spend money, just have a place I can put my writings and thoughts on. Any ideas?

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
    Hey guys! I'm looking into a way to start a blog and don't know how to get started. Looking for some pointers from some of you
    that know a little more about the internet. I'm looking to blog about philosophy and related material, and still have a way that people can comment on the blog. I'm not into facebook or anything like that, I just want a way people can sign in and read. I just need an outlet right now to spill out into. I've looked into weebly, but I'm unsure if I can create a site there with a URL that links direct to the blog. Example: "philouniverse.org"
    The above is only an example, but just to give y'all an idea as to what I'm looking to do. Really don't want to spend money, just have a place I can put my writings and thoughts on. Any ideas?
    First thing you need to do is buy your domain name. Go with Namecheap.com.

I'd then use a platform like WordPress, its free and easy to use but you may need someone with more experience to install it all for you.

Comment

Thanks Admin! Wordpress is something that caught my eye just a few minutes ago! Going to give this a shot and see if I can make it happen. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks Admin! Wordpress is something that caught my eye just a few minutes ago! Going to give this a shot and see if I can make it happen. Thanks again!
        Once you get WP installed, its easy.

Comment

Ok, so I have the names in the cart. How many years should I get? And the bigger question, can I extend the length of time I own these names if say, I only bought them for 2 years?

Comment

Ok, so I have the names in the cart. How many years should I get? And the bigger question, can I extend the length of time I own these names if say, I only bought them for 2 years?
            Yes of course, just don't forget to renew!

Comment

I bought the domain names, both .com and .org to be safe. I'm going to try and find a good host and design place. Sort of expensive.

Comment

I bought the domain names, both .com and .org to be safe. I'm going to try and find a good host and design place. Sort of expensive.
                You should buy the .Net as well.

Any guesses who owns, Steroidal.net and Org?

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                  You should buy the .Net as well.

Any guesses who owns, Steroidal.net and Org?
                  You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO! That is great, and no wonder. How on earth did you pull that one off? LOL! I thought about buying the .net, but figured the com and org would be protection enough for what I wanted it for. I might snag the net eventually. I am just now realizing how expensive all of this is. TO do what I am wanting, there seems to be a lot involved both money and ideas. I cant figure out a format or anything and am trying o figure it all out.

Comment

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO! That is great, and no wonder. How on earth did you pull that one off? LOL! I thought about buying the .net, but figured the com and org would be protection enough for what I wanted it for. I might snag the net eventually. I am just now realizing how expensive all of this is. TO do what I am wanting, there seems to be a lot involved both money and ideas. I cant figure out a format or anything and am trying o figure it all out.
                    No sir...

PM me and I will help you as much as I can.

Once its set up, its relatively cheap to run if you don't have SEO and its not that big.

Comment

Working...
                    X