Nootropics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nootropics

Anyone have any experience with Nootropics?

I have Noopept and Phenylpiracetam here that I'm going to experiment with.

These are compounds that improve cognitive function, concentration, memory, etc...

Seen the movie Limitless? Compounds like that but not as effective.

Yup, i've used quite a bit of them. As you are probably aware, I did a massive write-up on Noopept on another forum a while back.

Since then i've given Pramiracetam, and Aniracetam a shot. Overall favorite seems to be Pramiracetam, it's very strong and has a 6 hour half-life. I tend to use it for a few days while studying leading up to exams or tests. I've gone as high as 800mg/day, but because Pramiracetam is so strong, there is a significant bell-curve of effects where increasing the dose leads to diminishing returns. I find 250 - 500mg to be perfect. Seems the less the better with Prami. Pramiracetam might also have a yet-undetermined tolerance buildup, so I tend to use it only as a heavy-hitter leading up to exams. Aniracetam is good as well, but has a 2 - 4 hour half-life and I enjoy it but is not as distinct as Pramiracetam, tough it does have very significant anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties, very beneficial prior to an exam or event.

Noopept is great stuff and though I have a lot on me, I haven't used it in a while actually. I am convinced it is actually completely useless when ingested orally through the GI tract, and some recent studies have confirmed this. I always administered it sublingually and found that to be more effective than ingestion. I am convinced at this point that formulating an injectable delivery is probably the way to go with it. Wondering if combining it with some BB and a carrier might work...

Believe it or not, Nicotine is a very effective nootropic as well. I am NOT advocating smoking cigarettes, however. There are far safer methods, of course. Nicotine is used in medicine to treat Alzheimer's disease.

I find nootropics quite fascinating
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
      Yup, i've used quite a bit of them. As you are probably aware, I did a massive write-up on Noopept on another forum a while back.

Since then i've given Pramiracetam, and Aniracetam a shot. Overall favorite seems to be Pramiracetam, it's very strong and has a 6 hour half-life. I tend to use it for a few days while studying leading up to exams or tests. I've gone as high as 800mg/day, but because Pramiracetam is so strong, there is a significant bell-curve of effects where increasing the dose leads to diminishing returns. I find 250 - 500mg to be perfect. Seems the less the better with Prami. Pramiracetam might also have a yet-undetermined tolerance buildup, so I tend to use it only as a heavy-hitter leading up to exams. Aniracetam is good as well, but has a 2 - 4 hour half-life and I enjoy it but is not as distinct as Pramiracetam, tough it does have very significant anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties, very beneficial prior to an exam or event.

Noopept is great stuff and though I have a lot on me, I haven't used it in a while actually. I am convinced it is actually completely useless when ingested orally through the GI tract, and some recent studies have confirmed this. I always administered it sublingually and found that to be more effective than ingestion. I am convinced at this point that formulating an injectable delivery is probably the way to go with it. Wondering if combining it with some BB and a carrier might work...

Believe it or not, Nicotine is a very effective nootropic as well. I am NOT advocating smoking cigarettes, however. There are far safer methods, of course. Nicotine is used in medicine to treat Alzheimer's disease.

I find nootropics quite fascinating
      Nope, had no idea!

Thats great, I had no idea at all you had used these Nootropics, I also find them interesting.

Will try with other delivery methods of Noopept. Didn't notice much from oral ingestion, gone up to about 20mg so far.

Comment

You might have to go higher on the dose as well, 20mg isn't much. I'd aim for 30 - 60mg. Let it rest under the tongue, and if you can find/use some kind of sublingual delivery compound to it, such as cyclodextrin, which attracts non-polar molecules and helps carry them into the mucous membranes more efficiently, that would help big time. I haven't tried that myself but i'd like to.

Pramiracetam and Aniracetam are both fat soluble, so they are best taken with meals and fats. Pramiracetam is absolutely disgusting to ingest the powder directly though, and it will give you a chemical burn on the mucous linings in your mouth if you leave it in your mouth for too long. I made the mistake of trying to administer it sublingually once. It tastes bad and burns. I HAVE to capsulize that stuff to take it.
        Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
        "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
          You might have to go higher on the dose as well, 20mg isn't much. I'd aim for 30 - 60mg. Let it rest under the tongue, and if you can find/use some kind of sublingual delivery compound to it, such as cyclodextrin, which attracts non-polar molecules and helps carry them into the mucous membranes more efficiently, that would help big time. I haven't tried that myself but i'd like to.

Pramiracetam and Aniracetam are both fat soluble, so they are best taken with meals and fats. Pramiracetam is absolutely disgusting to ingest the powder directly though, and it will give you a chemical burn on the mucous linings in your mouth if you leave it in your mouth for too long. I made the mistake of trying to administer it sublingually once. It tastes bad and burns. I HAVE to capsulize that stuff to take it.
          Tried it with the Noopept, tastes vile!!

I will go to over 30mg to see what it does. Not notices much so far but I dont expect fireworks.

Comment

Going to bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Founderstanding a really cool website that specializes in nootropics and have really been intrigued by some of the more "less known" ones, as well as noopept. Ever since Dan's write up years ago, it has had me itching to try it. There are also many, many more that seem to be proven as well. And from vast studying the past few days, combinations of several can be even more potent, even as far as giving a stimulant type of feel, along with the increased focus and drive. This is very cool to me, especially being totally legal. However, as some of these compounds actually work, I fear the FDA will eventually restrict or ban some, much like ephedrine and DMAA. Yet they push drugs with horrid side effects with a real risk of death. Just check out Abilify and their commercial. Scary stuff.

Comment

Hmm very interesting. I've been out of the loop with Nootropics for a number of months now but I will be getting back into it soon. I would like to expand my knowledge and experience into some of the other ones out there that I have yet to read about. As far as I have heard, there are some new ones that have hit the market that i'm curious about.

Comment

You ain't kidding! There are some I've been reading reviews on that is really blowing me away. Stimulant wise more than anything.

Comment

The problem is the slow changing of the definition of a Nootropic. Nootropics are "smart drugs", essentially. As such, they should provide notable benefits in the areas of memory retention, recall, articulation, etc. But drugs like Modafinil, for example, are being called Nootropic and it isn't! It's a stimulant, it keeps you awake longer and functioning more efficiently through fatigue and therefore may enable you to study for longer periods of time, but it does not do anything for memory, intelligence (fluid or acquired), or knowledge.

Comment

Anyone tried Kratom?

Comment

Kratom is incredible stuff. It is not a Nootropic, though.

At small doses, it is a stimulant. Larger doses, a painkiller and sedative. Makes a great tea, too.

Comment

Kratom is amazing! It help me with severe opiate withdrawls and Dan recommended me to try it. Nothing else come close for that purpose. I still use it here and there, but it's aweful stuff. It is bearable for a while, then it just gets disgusting. So bad it isn't even worth it. So use it sparingly. They say a tea with it is more bearable, but I don't see how. And it takes too much to cap..

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                          Kratom is amazing! It help me with severe opiate withdrawls and Dan recommended me to try it. Nothing else come close for that purpose. I still use it here and there, but it's aweful stuff. It is bearable for a while, then it just gets disgusting. So bad it isn't even worth it. So use it sparingly. They say a tea with it is more bearable, but I don't see how. And it takes too much to cap..
                          What dosage do you suggest and what are the effects and for how long?

Comment

The tea is great with TONS of sugar and honey!!! LOL.

Dosage of Kratom is very dependant on which strain of the plant you are using. As with any herbal based medicine, you need to know what you are using before measuring. There are about 5 or 6 different major strains of the plant that are most commonly used. The potency can vary greatly between types. I believe an AVERAGE tends to be:

1 - 3 grams: stimulant range.
                            3 - 6 grams: stimulant-to-sedative range.
                            6 - 10 grams: sedative-to-euphoric range.
                            10+ grams: euphoric-to-analgesic range.

Also depends on individual tolerance and such. The uppermost range (especially with the more potent strains) will tend to induce nausea and vomiting if too much is used. After using it a few times, that range can be reached with comfort and without the nauseating effects. Kratom is an excellent alternative to the opiate based painkillers and pharmaceuticals.

Making a tea with it versus ingesting the leaf material directly is also quite different. Boiling it as a tea may not extract ALL of the alkaloids in the leaf that you might get by ingesting the leaf material whole. But then again for first time users, a tea may be a good way to slowly work into it. There are also huge differences between taking it on an empty stomach versus after eating (slower rate of release of the alkaloids into the body and longer lasting effects on a full stomach vs. empty stomach).

Here is a good guide for more in-depth information: The Kratom User's Guide
                            Last edited by Dan C; 05-30-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Yes i did. Its really helpfull, when you working, workout, or learning something. If you need information about some stacks you can do, you can find it here: https://nootropicboost.com. Really good and cheap site. So try it out! You will be satisfy!

Comment

Working...
                              X