Academy Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Awards

Did anyone else catch it last night? It might just be me, but it was the most racist, hate fueled public display I have seen in my lifetime. I'm not comparing it to what happened many many years ago, or the Rodney King fiasco. But as far as blatant racism that was encouraged as well as raised, it made me sick.

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
    Did anyone else catch it last night? It might just be me, but it was the most racist, hate fueled public display I have seen in my lifetime. I'm not comparing it to what happened many many years ago, or the Rodney King fiasco. But as far as blatant racism that was encouraged as well as raised, it made me sick.
    They covered the opening joke or mistake in the UK news, but then not much else.

I watched Birdman for 30 minutes and turned it off as it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, how the fuck it won 4 Oscars is mental.

Comment

The winners of best song went to Selma. Then the singers, common and John Legend, gets up and lobbies an agenda. He said "there is more african americans incarcerated. Now than all of slavery in the old US. I find that appauling. So what, do we free the thugs, murderers, rapists, thiefs, etc because they are black? It that what he was getting to? This whole racism thing has to stop. The NAACP has their group, but if there was a white group, we'd be locked up. Their racism comes from non equal rights, still! They claim division in our county, yet they have the NAACP, and countless other black civil rights groups. Thats separation. They fill each others heads full of oppression, whites get everything, we are minorities, etc, and that fuels hate. Hell, I had nothing to do with their ancestors being slaves. That was hundreds of years ago. Its all an excuse for more more more. Why are so many blacks incarcerated? re watch the outcome of the verdict from missouri a couple months back. They destroyed their own town. Stole from every store. But they were wrong. Because a white man, a white cop at that, cant use self defence when his life is in danger. I mean, get over it! These people have nothing to do with what happened 200 years ago, nor do any white person now. None of us even know about our ancestors during that time. Ancient history 101.

Comment

And I'm not racist. I think hating someone based on color is ridiculous.

And Doogie Howser actually did a great job,

Comment

Working...
        X