Hope this helps! How I diet and how I grow with ease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this helps! How I diet and how I grow with ease

So as all experienced bodybuilders know, you don't grow in the gym.. You grow at the kitchen table. Food is everything. If you want mass, eat with sass! But that doesn't mean stuff your face with a silo full of oats and 18 living chickens. Your body has a specific caloric need for maintenance based in LBM. Lean body mass. Once you find this number simply adjust!.. Allow me to elaborate.

Note: this works for me beyond reason, everyone's different.

Take me for example. 330lbs@33% bf. (I know, I'm battling my thyroid)
    330x.30=108.9(109)
    330-109=221 LBM

That means I would be 221lbs at 0% bodyfat.

And since you only eat for LBM and not fat.

221x15=3315. That's 3315 calories needed for maintenance. From here it's easy.
    + or - 300-500 calories from that number to grow or lean up. It's kinda common sense, plus 600 calories rather then 300 and you'll gain more fat. Minus 600 calories rather than 300 and you'll lose more muscle mass (damn you catabolism.) This can all be aided by our friend Anna Bolic. She's a nice girl.

When using this formula.. Please be sure to calculate your foods dry/uncooked. I would elaborate but work calls. CHEERS ALL! Hope this helps.

Good advice.

What formula is that?

There is the Harris-Benedict formula, which is so-so for accuracy. But if you know your body fat %, the Catch-McArdle formula is the most accurate to find out your BMR.

Side note: if you know the calculations of your foods cooked, that works too. But make sure you know BEFOREHAND which measurements are referring to cooked or dry/uncooked. It is very easy to underestimate or overestimate your calories and macronutrients if you do the wrong measurement.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Yeah that was my problem before! I was dieting and it was so unbelievably slow going and I had no idea why. Then someone kinda pointed me in the right direction (I was weighing my food cooked). Which I still do, but I cook my foods the exact same temperature, same time, same way, every time. And I know how much each breast or each piece is from cooked to uncooked.

Other then that, I think being too anal about it isn't gunna work either. I've gained steady mass all my life and never had any issues other than the fat but that's not even diet, that's just my curse(the worst metabolism known to mankind). But I mean.. I know people who have competed and gotten far by just cooking what they had and separating it throughout the day. Not a scale in site. Genetics, I guess.

Comment

You are absolutely right this is how i think,Food plays an important role than training or exercising.If we will have the correct food we can get what we need physically in terms of nutrition,We need to eat the right food rather than just concentrating on our exercising.Obviously without exercising we can not get anything but its important after diet.
        Last edited by xman25; 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X