Why isn't red lentils a must eat!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't red lentils a must eat!?

Like.... I never see them in people's diets... My god they're amazing.
    100g serving
    350 cal
    1g fat
    Saturated 0
    Trans 0
    Cholesterol 0
    Sodium 10mg
    Carb 57g
    Fibre 11g
    Sugar 2g
    Protein 28g

I mean.... That's a all around good source. Why doesn't anyone eat it?

WOW, good point. Never thought of this.

57g carbs and 28g protein in one shot?? Hmmm.

Glycemic index of red lentils: 21 (boiled). By comparison, oatmeal's GI is 42, and quinoa (my current primar carb source) is 52. That is impressive. I just might make a total switch to red lentils as a primary carb source. This never occurred to me.
    Chief writer for Steroidal.com
    Formerly known as Atomini
    Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
    "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Be sure to get the lowest dietary fibre one you can find!!! 35-50g max a day. So you can l only have 2-3 meals of this a day because you'll max out with other foods I'm assuming. And too much fiber causes lots of shitty issues(intended).

I have them once a day. They aren't bad at all either.

Comment

Quinoa, buckweat, pearl barley, red potato, fruit. Are my carb sources.

Comment

Red lentils, buckwheat pasta (soba), oats, and brown rice or fancy rice (insulin days) are my main sources.

Comment

Alright, so I just got some red lentils today and i'm enjoying it. This stuff is loaded with fiber though, and I can tell easily because I begin to feel full very quickly when eating it. Excellent carb source, but I think for me at least, it would be best suited for cutting I can't see myself being able to stomach down enough of it when bulking without feeling full too fast. I can eat double the amount in quinoa and not feel nearly as full.

I'll have to check out the low fiber lentils and see what those are like.
            Chief writer for Steroidal.com
            Formerly known as Atomini
            Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
            "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

This is something i always think firstly i appreciate you for posting something like this i take red lentils about twice in a week because i know its benefits.I don't really know why people don't bother it but they should know about its nutritional benefits and should eat it as a part of daily diet,What do you say?
              Last edited by xman25; 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM. Reason: Spellings

Comment

Working...
              X