Greens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greens

Ok really... Why is it that everyone says they're ESSENTIAL. Like.. You'll never get anywhere in life without them. You'll never grow or shred or breathe proper without eating you deformed trees. You'll fall, die, turn into a zombie and end life as we know it if you don't eat this green shit. I've never actually ASKED the question just shrugged it off... So here it is.

Why can't I forsake greens, take my variety of multis and minerals and have the same effect? Why am I lost cause because I don't eat what my food eats.

Its because they are so dense and hard to break down. Things like broccoli, Radishes, Asparagus, Cauliflower etc. Honestly i don't know about walking ten minutes to burn the same amount of calories. Not saying it does or doesn't but the greens really help. Its about forcing your body to digest food all day long. Kind of like keeping wood on a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim230027 View Post
      Its because they are so dense and hard to break down. Things like broccoli, Radishes, Asparagus, Cauliflower etc. Honestly i don't know about walking ten minutes to burn the same amount of calories. Not saying it does or doesn't but the greens really help. Its about forcing your body to digest food all day long. Kind of like keeping wood on a fire.
      Well for me walking 10 min burns a TON because I'm so heavy lol. I completely understand what you mean though.. But wouldn't rice digest slower than broccoli? What's to say it doesn't? It's a dense complex carb. I just want someone to really pipe up with a TON of factual information regarding this flower bed crap that may change my mind lol

Comment

ronnie coleman doesnt eat greens

Comment

Originally posted by TroN View Post
          Joke or true?

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
            Joke or true?
            True as far as I'm aware

Comment

Well for me walking 10 min burns a TON because I'm so heavy lol. I completely understand what you mean though.. But wouldn't rice digest slower than broccoli? What's to say it doesn't? It's a dense complex carb. I just want someone to really pipe up with a TON of factual information regarding this flower bed crap that may change my mind lol
              Rice digest slow yes but its not a negative carb source. Remember it takes more calories burned to digest broccoli than what broccoli has in it.

Comment

Originally posted by TroN View Post
                He may not but he runs a ton of gear and looks terrible until he starts his cutting diet. Don't get me wrong he was the man on stage but have you ever seen him in the off season? A lot of this is just goal dependent. I just want to stay lean year round. Even when bulking i dont let my bf get much higher than 10 % if that

Comment

Rice digest slow yes but its not a negative carb source. Remember it takes more calories burned to digest broccoli than what broccoli has in it.
                  That's true that in itself is a benefit. But why am I crucified for saying no to greens and putting
                  In the extra effort in cardio and just taking multis.. Doesn't that equate to essentially...
                  The same thing?

Comment

He may not but he runs a ton of gear and looks terrible until he starts his cutting diet. Don't get me wrong he was the man on stage but have you ever seen him in the off season? A lot of this is just goal dependent. I just want to stay lean year round. Even when bulking i dont let my bf get much higher than 10 % if that
                    That's also personal preference too right.. Some people want to blow there surplus away to make sure they get EVERY bit of growth they can possibly manage and just put in the extra effort in leaning up

Comment

That's true that in itself is a benefit. But why am I crucified for saying no to greens and putting
                      In the extra effort in cardio and just taking multis.. Doesn't that equate to essentially...
                      The same thing?
                      Bro i am not crucifying you in any way its your choice. I am only offering suggestions

Comment

That's also personal preference too right.. Some people want to blow there surplus away to make sure they get EVERY bit of growth they can possibly manage and just put in the extra effort in leaning up
                        Absolutely and that is almost the only way to get that big!

Comment

Bro i am not crucifying you in any way its your choice. I am only offering suggestions
                          Haha no I didn't mean you. I mean people in my town with lower bf% than me lol.

Comment

I wonder... Is there a calculation on how many calories it takes to burn 100g broccoli as opposed to how many you get?

Edit: or any other green?

Comment

Working...
                            X