Check out this Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this Diet

So I am thinking of trying a new diet in order to have a balance to my lifestyle. I do pretty good hitting my macros, and thats basically the only diet I am on at the moment. My maintenance is close to 2500 calories, and I have been doing roughly a 40/30/30 split. No real rhyme or reason to this split, I am just trying new things and this split allows for me to eat more foods I want to eat. Anyways, Ive been thinking about the Metabolc Diet. It is basically a contest prep type of diet that can be used for many applications. The good thing about eting this way is that you dont have to change your diet pre contest. It is a diet to where you eat high protien, high fat, and trace-very low carbs monday through friday. Then saturday and sunday you go carb crazy. This is esentially what is done before comps and you can learn how to manipulate carbs to volumize cells. You can learn how many carbs will do this or that, and adjust accordingly for when and if you do decide to step on stage. I love carbs and they make up a huge amount of my daily calories, but it is worth trying. I might not can do this, but I will explain it in case anyone feels they want to give it a go. I will aim to try and start this monday, and I hope I can stick with it.

For me, based on a 2500 calorie maintenance, would be as follows:

Monday-Friday
    300 Protien/ 0-20 carbs/ 150 fat - Calories 1200/0-80/1350 Total 2550-2630

Saturday and Sunday
    200 protien/350 carbs/40 fat - Calories 800/1400/360 Total 2560

I'm OBVIOUSLY not a diet expert but it looks ok. Except the small carb amount. That's just my peeve about this. I hate low carb diets. I get so badly affected by low carbs but if you can handle it by all means bro! Have at it. Any supplements ontop?

Comment

I hate low carbs too, and thats what is the most difficult part. Im not saying I can accomplish it, but it would be great to be able to master it if one were to want to compete. If cutting carbs are indeed what needs to be done in order to drop a tad of BF, then Im all for it. Alot of people swear by low carbs, and I am tending to agree with them. It seems that everyone who can manipulate carbs end up with amazing physiques, but it takes alot of self control and dedication. Carbs are weaknesses in all people, and I feel we base our diets by what we like to eat, rather than what we need to eat. I am debating giving this a go. If I can have self control, Ill be fine. I can fit any trace or low carbs around workouts for the extra energy boost.

Comment

5 days of low/no carbs would be too much for me...

id be dead by day 3 lol...

Comment

Originally posted by DrBPackenwood View Post
          5 days of low/no carbs would be too much for me...

id be dead by day 3 lol...
          I think I would be too. Just going to try it. Ill bet I fail day 1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
            I think I would be too. Just going to try it. Ill bet I fail day 1 though.
            1st attempt at carb cycling?

Comment

Originally posted by DrBPackenwood View Post
              1st attempt at carb cycling?
              Yes it is. There has to be something to it. I know that carb depletion/reloading has great results. I just love carbs. Ive been cutting back alot after about 2pm, but want to cut them out completely after my mid day snack. Everyone knows that carbs are good and bad and that too many can keep that last bit of fat from leaving. I have to just figure out what works and dont work for me. I know I usually adjust my diet (as Im sure most do) based around the foods I want to eat.

Comment

id go with 2 days low-no carbs then 1 day moderate-high carbs

5 days in a row is just too much...for me..

Comment

Working...
                X