2900 maintaince, i set him at 2100-2200 cals

set up basic 40/40/20 macro

week 1 he dropped 5lbs
    week 2 he dropped 5 lbs
    week 3 he dropped 3 lbs
    week 4 dropped 2 lbs
    week 5 stall no weight loss......

stuck at 263 from 278

he still is no where near his maintenance, should I add calories in to get his metabolism going again?
    Last edited by LARGERTHANNORMAL; 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM.

I have a feeling he may not be measuring great, or sticking a few cheats in here and there........a few to many... i think your right magnus!! ill have him stick to it... worse case scenario ill just blame him. lol.......

Originally posted by magnus
    Honestly his maintenance looks about right at 2900. Maybe dropped a bit since he lost 15lbs. But he is eating 700-800 below maintenance so he should still be losing. I would tell him to not get discouraged and just stay with the plan for a couple more weeks. Make sure he is logging everything he puts in his mouth and is not eating any unknowns like restaurant food that calories could be really off. Other then that he can play with macros a bit maybe 45P/35C/20F and see how that goes. But first wait 2 weeks before making any changes. The scale is a horrible tool for fat loss there will always be weird weeks with no loss or even gains. Just need to stick with the program.

Comment

I would have him carb up for a day. Keep fats low but jack the carbs up a good amount, and eat over maintenance. Will jack up his metabolism and when he starts eating below maintenance afterwards, he'll start losing weight again. Check out "Re-feeding" in this article by Layne Norton.

Bodybuilding.com - A Unique Combination Of Science And Experience Based Pre-Contest Advice.

Comment

I am in a serious cut and doing exactly that, But I add everything exactly by weight ( every meal is weighed)

I think he just needs a kick in the arse!! i have a feeling he cheating...

Originally posted by magnus
        Glad I could help. He should track everything he eats with a free online food journal. Its a big eye opener when you log what you think is 2200 cals and its actually 3200 cals. It took me a few years of doing that before I could eyeball my diet for maintenance. When I do a serious cut I log everything and do 90% of all the cooking myself just to keep myself in check and make sure I hit my macros.

Comment

I asked him to, Ill have to have him log shit so i can see what his ass doin...

Originally posted by NoBull View Post
          I would have him carb up for a day. Keep fats low but jack the carbs up a good amount, and eat over maintenance. Will jack up his metabolism and when he starts eating below maintenance afterwards, he'll start losing weight again. Check out "Re-feeding" in this article by Layne Norton.

Bodybuilding.com - A Unique Combination Of Science And Experience Based Pre-Contest Advice.

Comment

I hear ya man... i was the opposite.. I under ate thinking i was eating a ton... LOL..

people dont realize 3000 clean cals is a lil tough ( for lil guys that is)

Comment

Working...
            X