Digestion Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digestion Problems

First off, brown rice. Been eating this regularly for years. Come last prep, I was carbing up a week before the show with 600-200g worth of carbs from brown rice alone. Ended up dropping 3 lbs that week and I just assumed "Oh my metabolism is fucking rockin' from this high carb shit." Turns out, I can't digest brown rice at all. Reason for thinking this? Few months later I took a look at my shit, and the majority of it was brown rice. How unfortunate. I switched to pasta and gained a few lbs in a few days. Few months later, decided to switch to oats as main carb source and jumped up a few lbs again in a day, leading me to believe I can't digest pasta anymore, (none in poop though.) This same thing has happened with milk, except more... immediate.. results. Never had a problem digesting milk.

I'm sticking with oats as I've never had a problem with them even in my previous years, even at 7+ cups a day. So. Does anyone have any experience or can offer me any info on what's happening?

I know most all BBers use probiotics. I have always had problems not being regular and end up hurting really bad. Luckily for me, my mother works for one of the to gastroenterologists around. There is a med that is OTC called Align that works great! It is made for women, but men can take it too. Also, add in a super cheap probiotic. I can get them at the dollar store for 10bucks for 2 months supply. As long as it has over 100 million organisms, it is a good one. Over a billion is even better. Dont take more than directed unless after a week they arent working too well. Thye have helped me tremendously in aiding digestion.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
      I know most all BBers use probiotics. I have always had problems not being regular and end up hurting really bad. Luckily for me, my mother works for one of the to gastroenterologists around. There is a med that is OTC called Align that works great! It is made for women, but men can take it too. Also, add in a super cheap probiotic. I can get them at the dollar store for 10bucks for 2 months supply. As long as it has over 100 million organisms, it is a good one. Over a billion is even better. Dont take more than directed unless after a week they arent working too well. Thye have helped me tremendously in aiding digestion.
      Very interesting! I just checked the price of probiotics for us canucks, and let's say it's not too flattering. 200 caps for 30$ (tax in), and at 1-2 per meal as it suggests, that'll be too much for this little bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBull View Post
        Very interesting! I just checked the price of probiotics for us canucks, and let's say it's not too flattering. 200 caps for 30$ (tax in), and at 1-2 per meal as it suggests, that'll be too much for this little bank account.
        Ill try and post a link up for some cheaper ones. I dontknow if you have CVS pharmacy where you are, but they have 60 caps for 9.99. I will look around and post you up something. But most all BBers use them, and all of the ones I personally know do. It really helps breakdown high protien and other calories.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
          Ill try and post a link up for some cheaper ones. I dontknow if you have CVS pharmacy where you are, but they have 60 caps for 9.99. I will look around and post you up something. But most all BBers use them, and all of the ones I personally know do. It really helps breakdown high protien and other calories.
          No sir, no cvs pharmacy. I'll take a look at the grocery store tomorrow when I pick up a few things though. Sounds like something I really should get a hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G
            I was thinking change your carb intake daily... Don't just keep eating the same thing everyday til ya piss out YER arse. Change up every meal! (If you don't so it already)
            I'll stick with oats mang. Never done me wrong and I ate it straight for basically 2 years before haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G
              Oats and poptarts
              Pop tarts are a staple.

Comment

Working...
              X