Lets Tweak My Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Tweak My Diet

I want to start by saying that so far, I'm packing on great mass. Pretty lean as well, but I think it could be better. I want more LBM, and less fat, even though I'm very happy with my current progress. I think with some more advice, it could be even better!

Ok, so many of you know I have hypertension, high cholesterol, and several other ailments. I know, I know.... RED FLAGS! Lol. I am extremely conscientious of my health, as Dan will vouch for me on that. I also am a firm believer in whole food sources over powder, but this cycle, I have relied alot on powder protien. More than I want, but it is working.

I am up a solid 10lbs so far, and my BF has dropped slightly, but reads about the same as the start, 12-13%. I want to get to 10% and maintain that through summer.

Here is a sample day of my typical meals, in fact, it is what I ate yesterday:

*8am- 1 cup oats, 4 tablespoons natural PB, 12oz 2% milk, 5 egg whites, 35g protein powder (whey)
    *10am- handful of almonds
    *12pm- 60g whey protien shake, 1/2 cup blueberries
    *Pre workout- banana, cup of black coffee
    *Dinner (postWO)- whole rotisserie chicken (2 breasts, 2 legs, 2 thighs), 4 cups of chopped kale cooked in olive oil and lemon juice only, 12oz grape juice
    *Before bed- 1 quart full fat chocolate milk

There is quite a bit of carbs in the early part of the day, slowly tapering off throughout. Higher fat late, which the chocolate milk also has a good bit of sugar, but the casein is what I'm after. I could use regular milk, but I feel like I am having a treat, and it really isnt much worse truth be told. I know lactose can be tough on stubborn abdominal fat for many, so am I drinking too much milk? I hate rice, soy, and almond milk, so there is NO substitution for me. Also, drinking roughly a gallon of water a day and some green tea.

Looks alright to me. I try and keep the majority of my carbs and fats in seperate meals, but that's just my personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bull View Post
      Looks alright to me. I try and keep the majority of my carbs and fats in seperate meals, but that's just my personal preference.
      im with you on that bull. I need to learn carbing if I plan to try slin. But I think you may be onto something here. Thanks!

Comment

Hows your diet going? I must of missed this thread!

You need more solid food IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Hows your diet going? I must of missed this thread!

You need more solid food IMO.
          I am in total agreement on the solid foods. I even made the comment of how I don't like using powder supps at all. It is just fitting my lifestyle at the moment with work and being out so much. I hate dieting and being away from a good solid meal, and I'm doing my best to stay away from fast foods. That's That's reason for the big protein shake mid day, and sometimes I'll drop 40 grams of powdered carbs in it if I plan to be out later. But I get a bunch of solid calories at breakfast, and make my dinner the big one. So the protein shakes are just as fillers, as I mostly only eat 2 meals a day typically, just high calories when I do.

Comment

Working...
          X