Bulking Made Easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulking Made Easy

Adding mass can be difficult for some people. There are alot of trending diets out there specifically made for "adding pure muscle", and many of these diets are pushing product, or they are just a variation of tried and true methods with added flare (for magazine sales I'm sure). We are here to help every member in achieving his or her goals, and we have been known to go above and beyond with some. We enjoy it or we would just copy and paste material. With all this being said, there is one thing that really gets over asked and we give the same answers over and over and over. "I eat so much but just can't gain weight. What AAS should I use to add muscle mass?" The answer is simple, EAT MORE FOOD!

For some, adding mass really is hard. I'm one of those people. I can eat alot and remain the same because of a high metabolism. The secret is however, more food is needed. It is so simple, but the question is always asked and the answer is always the same. It won't change because it is the only way to add muscle/weight. Reliance on anabolics to achieve mass is absurd, and dangerous. Sure they help, but they only assist and enhance what you are already doing. They don't just "make you huge". Some can i.e. dbol, anadrol, etc, but its fake mass (water) that you will lose as soon as you come off. And a bloated physique is an unattractive one. "But it's so hard to eat that much food. I feel boated and miserable. It makes me sick".

So here is the solution. Aim to eat calorie dense food over dense food. What I mean by that is this, eat food high in calories but low in weight/volume. Here is some foods to put you on the fast track to getting that weight up without feeling miserable all day.

MILK- This would probably be my number one choice in gaining weight, as far as ease of ingesting. A single litre of milk (whole) is roughly 600 calories. 30pro/50carb/30fat. Milk has been shown to raise IGF-1 which basically signals the body to add muscle while restoring old tissue. And I also suggest drinking chocolate milk post workout, as it had the perfect balance of protein to carb ratio to simulate muscle growth and recovery. Not for the lactose intolerant. And what could be simpler than chugging a whole food? This isn't like a protein shake, it's real food.

EGGS- One egg packs a punch with 70 calories. All good and clean calories at that, and nothing else comes close in my opinion on the biological value of an egg. It is the whole form of life for crying out loud! Enough of the bs about being horrible due to cholesterol. That is outdated and we now know it lowers the LDL (the bad) and raises the HDL (the good). Another benefit of the egg is that like milk, you can chug them raw. The also contain choline, which I suggest you look into.

NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER- A single tablespoon amounts to 100 calories. And how easy is it to eat a few spoonfuls of this? Heck, I could eat a whole jar of this heavenly nectar! Add it to shakes, smoothies, etc and this can also be chugged.

HEALTHY OILS- Olive, flaxseed, coconut, etc. One tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories! It tastes awful, I'll admit, but add it to a glass of milk and the milk masks the taste. It really does! Or add more while cooking. I sometimes do shooters and chase with milk to mask the oil. A shot of olive oil is about 500 calories. And once again, it can be chugged.

PASTA- 1 cup, 182 calories. Slurp them down quick and easy.

NUTS- A handful of almonds, for instance, is about 175 calories. A quick snack? Can't get any quicker, and they taste amazing.

NATURAL ORGANIC ICE CREAM- Don't tell me or anyone else you just can't fit ice cream in. A half cup of a well known brand contains 130 calories, and this to can be chugged. Add some PB, healthy oil, an egg, some milk and make an easy to drink, high calorie milkshake! I won't recommend ice cream on a daily basis just because it should be cherished and considered more of a treat. But do what you will.

OATS- High calories! 1 cup contains about 200 calories. They can be blended and chugged or added to a protein shake and chugged. Oats are such an easy way to easily add alot of calories.

AVOCADO- Approximately 350 calories per, these can be added to a shake or smoothie if the taste and texture is something you aren't fond of. They also make a famous and delicious dip...

BEANS- Chug a cup of black beans and you quickly eat 225 calories. You might upset your better half, but that makes eating beans that much more fun!

FRUIT- Did you know that a medium sized apple contains about 80 calories? And they aren't a bit filling and can be eaten anywhere.

PROTIEN SHAKES- I had to add them. I'm not a fan of using these as a meal replacement, but they are helpful to use as a snack and are easy to chug. You can also add many of the foods on this list to a shake. I typically use 1 shake a day with 50 grams of protein. Don't give me the whole "your body can only use 20 grams" nonsense because that's what it is, nonsense.

COTTAGE CHEESE AND GREEK YOGURT- A great source of slow digesting protien. I sometimes have a cup, or 2 before bed. Maybe once or twice a week when bulking.

LASTLY.........what I've been waiting for

JERKY!- Meat. Nothing says "I want to build muscle" any better than a chunk of meat. Think of this...3.5 ounces of lean beef has just over 300 calories, with about 120 of the being from the whopping 29 grams of protein! Now dehydrate 3.5 ounces of beef and you're left with just under an ounce of the most delicious food I can even think of. How easy is it to eat JERKY!? The universal answer should be "easy, but can I have more than one ounce?" When meat is dehydrated, no nutrients are lost, to any noticeable difference anyways. The macros remain in tact, but some of the vitamins and minerals are lost. But any meat can be jerkyfied. I do highly suggest making your own because you can control the amount of sodium, preservatives, and flavor. It's so easy to make and so much cheaper and healthier than store bought. I have many recipes should anyone want some. A decent dehydrator can cost as little as 50 bucks or so.

Ok, so there it is and no more excuses to why weight is impossible to gain. These foods are easy to eat, fairly cheap, and you can easily skyrocket your total calorie intake to get that muscle mass you're looking for. I recommend ingesting a little extra fiber with the addition of all the extra calories, as well as a good probiotic. You want to be able to absorb and digest what you eat as easily as it was to eat this food. This list isn't meant to add too or take away from. I just wanted some of you guys and gals to get an idea that you don't have to eat dense food to take on alot of calories, just eat calorie dense food and save yourself some misery and some money! Hope this has helped and keep lifting.
    Last edited by warmouth; 02-20-2015, 09:32 PM.

I have several typos I need to fix, but it's late and I need sleep! Well fix ASAP.

Comment

Excellent post! Thanks!

Comment

I think I fixed the typos now. I'd like to add a quick recipe on some lower sodium jerky that still tastes good. It isn't my favorite,but it had a unique flavor.

Dill Pickle Jerky:
        1 lean beef (or other meat) roast, sliced in 1/4" thick strips,or thinner
        1/2 cup white vinegar
        1/2 cup water
        2 tbls dried dill
        1 tsp garlic powder
        1 tsp red pepper flakes
        1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional for heat)

In a large bowl, combine all wet and dry ingredients. Stir until well blended. Add the meat and fold several times for an even coating. Transfer meat and remaining marinade into a gallon sized freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. Place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Drain on paper towels. place on the dehydrator racks and follow instructions from the unit you have.
        Last edited by warmouth; 02-20-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to change the thread title? I tried but it only changed after opening. It is a terrible title. Maybe " Bulking Made Easy"?

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
            Is it possible to change the thread title? I tried but it only changed after opening. It is a terrible title. Maybe " Bulking Made Easy"?
            Done.

Comment

I have another jerky recipe that must be tried! Most of the time I'll use store bought marinade, but I have one of my own that takes the cake. I can't think of an easier way to eat massive quantities of meat than jerky.

Marinade:
              *1 cup worschester sauce (I brutally misspelled that)
              *1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
              *1 cup heavy beer (I prefer a dark beer or a heavy lager such as Newcastle)
              *Crushed red pepper flakes (how much is up to the person. It adds a good amount of heat. I use alot)
              *1 tablespoon garlic powder
              *1/2 teaspoon cumin
              *2 tablespoons chili powder
              *1 tablespoon onion powder
              *1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl that has a lid. Stir thoroughly and let sit in refrigerator over night. When ready to marinate the meat, stir marinade just before adding the protien. Use your hands to evenly coat. Place back in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours (18-24 is what I do). Try to work the meat and marinade together 2 or 3 times during the marinating process.
              This is my absolute favorite jerky recipe! You'll have a very hard time putting it down. I hope you guys try it and let me know what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
                I have another jerky recipe that must be tried! Most of the time I'll use store bought marinade, but I have one of my own that takes the cake. I can't think of an easier way to eat massive quantities of meat than jerky.

Marinade:
                *1 cup worschester sauce (I brutally misspelled that)
                *1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
                *1 cup heavy beer (I prefer a dark beer or a heavy lager such as Newcastle)
                *Crushed red pepper flakes (how much is up to the person. It adds a good amount of heat. I use alot)
                *1 tablespoon garlic powder
                *1/2 teaspoon cumin
                *2 tablespoons chili powder
                *1 tablespoon onion powder
                *1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl that has a lid. Stir thoroughly and let sit in refrigerator over night. When ready to marinate the meat, stir marinade just before adding the protien. Use your hands to evenly coat. Place back in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours (18-24 is what I do). Try to work the meat and marinade together 2 or 3 times during the marinating process.
                This is my absolute favorite jerky recipe! You'll have a very hard time putting it down. I hope you guys try it and let me know what you think!
                Going to try this!!!

Comment

You won't regret it! Let me know how it goes. I use alot of cayenne because I like alot of spice, but spices don't bother me much

Comment

Thank you for sharing good tips. Glad to know about it.

Comment

Great post so far. I just read it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X