Creatine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine

I got on creatine for about 6 weeks. I took 2.5 grams pre workout, 2.5 grams post. It was micronized monohydrate (supposedly the best), and never really had any results. BW did confirm my creatine kinase to be through the roof. Anyways, do you guys really get much benefit from it? Was I taking it wrong? I know it is known as a supplement that actually works, but what does it actually do to your body comp?

P.S.- I have done my fair share of research on it. But from what I gather it just fills up muscle tissue with excess water to give possible more muscle memory.

I used to be one of the diehard creatine users. After some BW with creatine kinase of astronomical proportions and decreased kidney function, I scrapped it. A subsequent urine analysis after having been off creatine for ~ 5 days and drinking loads of water gave an "all's clear" on the kidneys. But that broke me from creatine right there. And I agree, it's nothing more than a volumizer utilizing water. Hell, up your sodium intake and you'll essentially get the same thing.

Comment

I used to be a big advocate of creatine mono but got off of it about 6 years ago. Lost a ton of water weight and never looked bak

Comment

These replies answer all my questions perfectly. My creatine kinase was also terrible, and even though I got to a good size when on it, it left quickly after I quit it. Water weight for sure. And with bp problems being an issue for most on cycle, additiomal water weight is no a good thing. Thanks guys.

Comment

So creatine is shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
            So creatine is shit?
            IMHO, yes. Do you perhaps attain a slight increase in the influx of nutrients into the cells via osmosis? Perhaps, but not worth the bloat, water/fluid retention and stress on the kidneys.

Comment

Its the best.

Comment

Good for increasing strength/building muscle, but it can increase BP due to extra water retention

Comment

So Erny, you're the only one in the room that has had success with creatine huh?
                  ."The only easy day was yesterday"

"I am immortal......I have within me blood of kings.........I am unrivaled.....no man can be my equal"

Comment

Working...
                  X