Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre/Intra/Post Workout Nutrition

Whats everyones breakdown?

I never noticed much difference in BCAAs and PeptoPro, apart from the price!

Pre-WO was solid food about 1 hour before.

Intra-WO was PeptoPro or BCAA, Creatine, Citrulline M, Beta Alanine.

PWO Whey Iso, 45 mins later, solid meal

Meal 2 hours prior to training
    Pre workout (only if taking a pre supp): 5g glutamine, 5g leucine, preworkout supp
    Intra: 10+g glutamine (more if I have lots), 10g leucine, Universal Storm
    30 min post: 5-10g glutamine, 5g leucine, 5g creatine mono, 40g of simple sugars from hot chocolate mix
    10 minutes after that, 1.5 scoops of whey and some oats.

Comment

Nope, never felt any of that stuff was ever worth it. Wayyyyyyy back when I first started lifting, I remember going on the beginner frenzy phase where you're buying every supplement left, right, and center. Eventually after a couple of years of doing this, I eliminated them one by one (glutamine, EAAs, BCAAs, creatine, pre-workout stimulants, etc.) and found no difference and no drop in performance afterwards. Eventually I was left with the basics (whey protein, fish oils, vitamins/minerals) and still to this day just stick with that.

... except for BCAAs, and the ONLY reason why I use BCAAs is because I do intermittent fasting, and the only way to avoid muscle loss when training in a fasted state without consuming calories (which would break the fast) is to down some BCAAs about 15 mins prior to the workout. After my workout is my first meal. If I wasn't doing intermittent fasting, I wouldn't be spending any money on BCAAs.

Prior to switching to intermittent fasting (which would be about a year and a half now that I've been doing it), I was engaging in the typical 6 meals per day protocol. Under this, I would always eat a meal about 45 minutes to an hour prior to my workouts. Anyhow, I was in a supplement store once and the upon checkout, the cashier asks me "so do you take anything before your workouts?" and my response was simply "yeah, 5oz of chicken/beef and a bowl of oatmeal 45 minutes beforehand". He was expecting me to tell him about some pre-workout stack. You don't need any of that pre-workout stimulant nitric oxide BCAA/EAA crap, it's for the most part useless gimmicks.
      Last edited by Dan C; 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM.
      Chief writer for Steroidal.com
      Formerly known as Atomini
      Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
      "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
        Nope, never felt any of that stuff was ever worth it. Wayyyyyyy back when I first started lifting, I remember going on the beginner frenzy phase where you're buying every supplement left, right, and center. Eventually after a couple of years of doing this, I eliminated them one by one (glutamine, EAAs, BCAAs, creatine, pre-workout stimulants, etc.) and found no difference and no drop in performance afterwards. Eventually I was left with the basics (whey protein, fish oils, vitamins/minerals) and still to this day just stick with that.

... except for BCAAs, and the ONLY reason why I use BCAAs is because I do intermittent fasting, and the only way to avoid muscle loss when training in a fasted state without consuming calories (which would break the fast) is to down some BCAAs about 15 mins prior to the workout. After my workout is my first meal. If I wasn't doing intermittent fasting, I wouldn't be spending any money on BCAAs.

Prior to switching to intermittent fasting (which would be about a year and a half now that I've been doing it), I was engaging in the typical 6 meals per day protocol. Under this, I would always eat a meal about 45 minutes to an hour prior to my workouts. Anyhow, I was in a supplement store once and the upon checkout, the cashier asks me "so do you take anything before your workouts?" and my response was simply "yeah, 5oz of chicken/beef and a bowl of oatmeal 45 minutes beforehand". He was expecting me to tell him about some pre-workout stack. You don't need any of that pre-workout stimulant nitric oxide BCAA/EAA crap, it's for the most part useless gimmicks.
        Agreed, I never felt good on pre-WO stuff anyway, most of them made me sick.

Comment

Working...
        X