Kiwi's Training Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi's Training Journal

Thought I would start up a journal, recording my training days each week. Due to spinal surgery I haven't been training for over 12 months. Hence I have not been following any type of bodybuilding diet, cardio or gear use.

I will be training 3 times a week, Mon, Wed, Fri.

Mon - Back, Biceps.
    Wed - Chest, Shoulder, Triceps.
    Fri - - Legs.

Through trial and error I have found the above routine is the best for me.

For the first 8 weeks I will be training naturally, this is so I can get back into the lifting mindset and to allow my muscles, tendons etc to get use to lifting again. I will be using both free weights and machines.

There won't be any jaw dropping heavy weights being lifted.

1, I don't want to wreck my back again and end up back in surgery.
    2, At my age (49yrs) any injury I do get now takes a lot longer to heal.

I will be using a number of different techniques to work the muscle. Drop sets, pre exhausting, lifting to failure, etc etc.

Tomorrow I will outline the type of diet I will be following and what compounds I will be using for my first cycle.

Ill be following. Back problems suck for guys like us especially. Smart not to overdo the weights, as there ia no need in risking further injury.

Comment

My diet while I'm training naturally for the next 8 weeks won't be much different to what I am eating at the moment, which is well below what is required for muscle growth The only thing I will add is a post workout shake of whey and waxy maize starch. The plan is to when I start my cycle I will increase my food intake substantially, hopefully the body which has been deficient in the required nutrients will soak up all these extra nutrients being fed into it allowing for some good growth.

The diet will be high protein, high carbs, med fats. If I start gaining too much fat then I will cut back on the carbs accordingly. I don't plan on doing any type of cut for several months, When I do I will look at T3 and DNP which I have used to good effect in the past.

My cycle when I start will consist of

40mg anabol daily for 4 to 6 weeks
      750mg testonon per week (250mg on Mon, Wed, Fri) for 12 weeks
      50mcg T3 daily for 12 weeks

I have used adex in the past but this cycle I am going to run aromasin, unsure if I will do 12.5mg every 2nd day or 25mgs every 3rd day. Also will be taking HCG 500mg twice a week for the duration of the cycle.

Thinking about going onto a trt type dose (100mg per week) at the end of the cycle as at my age I probably haven't got much natural test left.

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free.
      Last edited by KIWI; 08-16-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KIWI View Post
        My diet while I'm training naturally for the next 8 weeks won't be much different to what I am eating at the moment, which is well below what is required for muscle growth The only thing I will add is a post workout shake of whey and waxy maize starch. The plan is to when I start my cycle I will increase my food intake substantially, hopefully the body which has been deficient in the required nutrients will soak up all these extra nutrients being fed into it allowing for some good growth.

The diet will be high protein, high carbs, med fats. If I start gaining too much fat then I will cut back on the carbs accordingly. I don't plan on doing any type of cut for several months, When I do I will look at T3 and DNP which I have used to good effect in the past.

My cycle when I start will consist of

40mg anabol daily for 4 to 6 weeks
        750mg testonon per week (250mg on Mon, Wed, Fri) for 12 weeks
        50mcg T3 daily for 12 weeks

I have used adex in the past but this cycle I am going to run aromasin, unsure if I will do 12.5mg every 2nd day or 25mgs every 3rd day. Also will be taking HCG 500mg twice a week for the duration of the cycle.

Thinking about going onto a trt type dose (100mg per week) at the end of the cycle as at my age I probably haven't got much natural test left.

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free.
        Aromasin has a short half life actually and should be run at a small dosage every day or twice per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Aromasin has a short half life actually and should be run at a small dosage every day or twice per day.
          Excellent, thanks for the feed back, do you think starting on 12.5mgs per day is a good starting point?

It seems that use of an AI during cycle has become pretty much standard to keep bloat, test flu etc under control or from even starting. Do you think this is a good practice or should it only be taken once problems become apparent. So in other words should AI use be proactive or reactive?

I should also mention, I will be taking my blood pressure once a week, and when I start gear use again I will be getting bloods done before, during and after each cycle. My partner is a bio medical scientist so has access to all the required equipment.
          Last edited by KIWI; 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KIWI View Post
            Excellent, thanks for the feed back, do you think starting on 12.5mgs per day is a good starting point?

It seems that use of an AI during cycle has become pretty much standard to keep bloat, test flu etc under control or from even starting. Do you think this is a good practice or should it only be taken once problems become apparent. So in other words should AI use be proactive or reactive?

I should also mention, I will be taking my blood pressure once a week, and when I start gear use again I will be getting bloods done before, during and after each cycle. My partner is a bio medical scientist so has access to all the required equipment.
            What's up KIWI! Ill jump in real quick. Sorry I've been off the board the last week. Work sucks, lol.
            Anyways, use the AI from start to finish. No need in waiting until signs appear. Better safe than sorry. As Admin said, aromasin need to be used more frequently, and 12.5mgs daily is a good starting point, especially if you are going to have regular blood work. Some say 10mgs ED, some go to 25. Its all according to your body and BW is the only way to know. Ill be following!

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
              What's up KIWI! Ill jump in real quick. Sorry I've been off the board the last week. Work sucks, lol.
              Anyways, use the AI from start to finish. No need in waiting until signs appear. Better safe than sorry. As Admin said, aromasin need to be used more frequently, and 12.5mgs daily is a good starting point, especially if you are going to have regular blood work. Some say 10mgs ED, some go to 25. Its all according to your body and BW is the only way to know. Ill be following!
              Hey there warmouth, yeah that thing called work always gets in the way of important things in life

Thanks for the info, will start on 12.5 and see how things go.
              Last edited by KIWI; 08-22-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Monday

Back

Machine hyperextensions
                warm up
                20x9kg, 20x9kg 20x9kg

Pulldowns
                warm up
                15x20kg, 12x25kg, 10x30kg

Seated rows
                warm up
                15x15kg, 12x20kg, 10x25kg

Biceps

Machine curls
                warm up
                15x10kg, 12x12kg, 10x15kg

Took things nice and easy, a little sore in my lower back but surgeon said his should be expected. As long as I make small gains each time I'll be happy.

Comment

Wednesday

Chest

Machine press
                  warm up
                  15x20kg, 12x25kg, 10x30kg

Machine Flys
                  warm up
                  15x15kg, 12x20kg, 10x25kg

Shoulders

Machine press
                  warm up
                  15x10kg,12x12kg, 10x15kg

Machine lat raises
                  warm up
                  15x8kg, 12x10kg, 10x12kg

Triceps

Pushdowns
                  warm up
                  15x10kg, 12x12kg, 15x15kg

Lower back still a little sore. Frustrating moving such light weights but need to stick with plan.

Comment

Friday

10 minutes on rowing machine
                    hyperextensions to warm lower back up

Legs

Leg Press
                    warm up
                    12x80kg, 10x100kg,8x120kg

Lying Leg Curls
                    warm up
                    12x20kg, 10x25kg, 8x30kg

Leg Extensions
                    12x50kg, 10x60kg, 8x70kg

Calf Raises
                    warm up
                    20x30kg, 15x40kg, 12x50kg, drop set 25kg until I couldn't do anymore
                    Last edited by KIWI; 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Monday

Rowing machine 10 mins

Back

hyper extensions
                      warm up
                      20x9kg, 15x12kg, 12x15kg

Pulldowns
                      warm up
                      15x25kg, 12x30kg, 10x35kg, drop set 20kg to failure.

Seated rows
                      warm up
                      15x20kg, 12x25kg, 10x30kg, drop set 15kg to failure

Biceps

machine curl
                      warm up
                      15x15kg, 12x20kg, drop set 10kg to failure

Next workout going to add in rear delts.

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

I'm still here guys. Been crook as a dog for last week or so. I was doing a hull inspection on a ship and got some horrible water into my mouth. Turns out they had been pumping their bilge water out. Caption and ship company now facing a huge fine as that is a huge no no in NZ waters.

Back posting hopefully next week

Comment

Hows this going KIWI?

Comment

Did kiwi die

Comment

Working...
                              X