No announcement yet.

What is your chest routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like 2 as well Jim. I just change my routine every 6 weeks, and this is the first time I have trained 1 body part per day. I like it, as I can really wear down the muscle I am focusing on without thinking in the back of my mind that I have to work another one after. Ill switch back in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
      I like 2 as well Jim. I just change my routine every 6 weeks, and this is the first time I have trained 1 body part per day. I like it, as I can really wear down the muscle I am focusing on without thinking in the back of my mind that I have to work another one after. Ill switch back in a few weeks.
      Well i suppose you will be able to focus on a little heavier lifting then?

Comment

When working 1 body part, I go very heavy. I really wear it down because I know its all I am doing that day. When I work 2 groups, I keep the thought in the back of my mind that I still have to do whatever body part I have next. Sometimes it would cause me to ease up in order to be able to make sure I could do the other part.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
          I used to have same issue. Killing chest or other major body part and being spent on second body part. I usually alternate body parts now and have pretty good results.

Maybe do 4 sets chest then 4 sets Biceps then back to chest, This has been working well for me.
          I like that split. And I've used it for years. But
          Doing 1 muscle group a day I really keeping me focused and able to fully exhaust that muscle. It has helped me break some barriers and once I plateau or results slow, ill go back to that split you're doing.

Back/bis
          Chest/tris
          Shoulders
          Legs
          Back/bis

Comment

Working...
          X