Boldenone - hidden enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boldenone - hidden enemy?

Boldenone is well known like a mild compound, suited to long cycles.
    Since my microalbuminuria went up, I made some researches linked to the gear I used. Not particulary on Boldenone (which presumed renal toxicity I strongly doubt).
    Find this on a trusted site:
    Boldenone is an anabolic steroid developed for veterinary use. Recently, it is used by bodybuilders in both off-season and precontest, where it is well known for increasing vascularity while preparing for a bodybuilding contest. However, the side effect of this steroid on the human health is still unclear. Therefore, the present study was designed to investigate the possible effect of the growth promoter, boldenone undecylenate, on the function and structure of the rabbit's kidneys. A total of 36 adult New Zealand rabbits were divided into 4 groups. Control group includes animals that were injected intramuscularly with olive oil and dissected after 3 weeks. Three experimental groups include animals that receive one, two and three intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively, and the interval of each dose of boldenone was 3 weeks. The biochemical analysis of the blood serum of treated rabbit showed a significant increase in the total protein, urea and creatinine concentrations, with a significant decrease in albumin/globulin (A/G) ratio. At the same time, a significant glomerulus mass reduction that accompanied with the expression of CD34, a marker for endothelial cells deterioration, was also determined. The incidence of the glomerulosclerosis was significantly increased compared with the control group (0.46 ± 0.05, p < 0.05). The glomerulosclerosis scores were 1.32 ± 0.10, 2.14 ± 0.11 and 3.02 ± 0.09 in groups 2, 3 and 4, respectively. These findings suggest that misuse of the boldenone undecylenate may contribute to the occurrence of a chronic renal injury that may lead to a progressive renal failure.

Deterioration of glomerular endothelial surf... [Hum Exp Toxicol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Can be a fact like this remain unknown after more than 40 years of both bb and vet (ab)use?
    Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by motank View Post
    Boldenone is well known like a mild compound, suited to long cycles.
    Since my microalbuminuria went up, I made some researches linked to the gear I used. Not particulary on Boldenone (which presumed renal toxicity I strongly doubt).
    Find this on a trusted site:
    Boldenone is an anabolic steroid developed for veterinary use. Recently, it is used by bodybuilders in both off-season and precontest, where it is well known for increasing vascularity while preparing for a bodybuilding contest. However, the side effect of this steroid on the human health is still unclear. Therefore, the present study was designed to investigate the possible effect of the growth promoter, boldenone undecylenate, on the function and structure of the rabbit's kidneys. A total of 36 adult New Zealand rabbits were divided into 4 groups. Control group includes animals that were injected intramuscularly with olive oil and dissected after 3 weeks. Three experimental groups include animals that receive one, two and three intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively, and the interval of each dose of boldenone was 3 weeks. The biochemical analysis of the blood serum of treated rabbit showed a significant increase in the total protein, urea and creatinine concentrations, with a significant decrease in albumin/globulin (A/G) ratio. At the same time, a significant glomerulus mass reduction that accompanied with the expression of CD34, a marker for endothelial cells deterioration, was also determined. The incidence of the glomerulosclerosis was significantly increased compared with the control group (0.46 ± 0.05, p < 0.05). The glomerulosclerosis scores were 1.32 ± 0.10, 2.14 ± 0.11 and 3.02 ± 0.09 in groups 2, 3 and 4, respectively. These findings suggest that misuse of the boldenone undecylenate may contribute to the occurrence of a chronic renal injury that may lead to a progressive renal failure.

Deterioration of glomerular endothelial surf... [Hum Exp Toxicol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Can be a fact like this remain unknown after more than 40 years of both bb and vet (ab)use?
    Thanks a lot.
    Not seen much on Boldenone and renal effects as there isnt much IMO.

What dosage did you take?

All in all, I don't suspect EQ is that hard on the kidneys, but it may raise BP and contribute by that MOA.

Comment

Interesting find.

Comment

Weekly intake 400-600 mg, along with test (600-800) and d-bol (50/day). (just an example, I switch often the compounds)
        BUT, my concern is about the substance especially, not related to BP as a side effect, since many steroids have the propriety to raise it.
        Also, if its a real fact, how this can remain unknown so many years a widely human and vet consumption? The study was posted in 2012, by two egyptian hystopathologists. I wrote them, expecting details on experiment, but no answer.
        The doses used are in the range of 500mg/week for a person weighing 100kg, an usual intermediate level in bb. The max duration of the experiment was nine weeks. A brief one comparing to long and repeated cycles used in bb. From this comes my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by motank View Post
          Weekly intake 400-600 mg, along with test (600-800) and d-bol (50/day). (just an example, I switch often the compounds)
          BUT, my concern is about the substance especially, not related to BP as a side effect, since many steroids have the propriety to raise it.
          Also, if its a real fact, how this can remain unknown so many years a widely human and vet consumption? The study was posted in 2012, by two egyptian hystopathologists. I wrote them, expecting details on experiment, but no answer.
          The doses used are in the range of 500mg/week for a person weighing 100kg, an usual intermediate level in bb. The max duration of the experiment was nine weeks. A brief one comparing to long and repeated cycles used in bb. From this comes my doubts.
          A lot of people don't have a problem with EQ and renal effects, so be careful what you conclude from a study done on rabbits.

Comment

Boldenone is a very poor choice of an anabolic steroid anyhow, and as far as my knowledge is concerned, there has been no documented ill effects on the renal system on humans with the use of Boldenone. It is actually a fairly safe anabolic steroid when it comes to the internal systems and organs compared to other compounds in existence, to be honest.
            Chief writer for Steroidal.com
            Formerly known as Atomini
            Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
            "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Working...
            X