X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with liver bloodwork

Hi everyone:

Hoping for some help with my bloodwork.

In July, 2013, my Bilirubin was .5 (normal range 0.3 - 1.2) Alkaline Phosphate was 86 (normal range 35-129), ALT was 31 (normal range <42) and AST was 24 (normal range <39). In other words, all was well. Quest Diagnostics did bloodwork

In August I started taking some injectable "supplements," under guidance from an experienced friend. I had been on a dr. administered testosterone supplement for most of the year.

In October I developed really itchy skin - like really itchy, couldn't sleep at all. Stopped taking everything.

In November a dr. diagnosed a skin fungus. Dr. took blood in early November. Bilirubin was 1.8(normal range 0.3 - 1.2), Alk. Phos 157 (normal range 39-117), ast 59 (normal 0-37), alt 92(normal 0-53). I don't know why the range differed, except that Sostas Lab Partners did this test.

Dr. asked me to come back in because she was concerned about the liver enzyme levels. Second test in later November showed Bilirubin 1.2 (normal 0.3 - 1.2) , Alk Phos. 136 (normal 39-117) ,AST 69 (normal 0- 37) , ALT 101 (normal 0-53) . Lab was Solstas.

I just had bloodwork done again last week. (Dec. 12, 2013). Bilirubin .5 (normal 0.2 - 1.2), Alk Phos. 97 (normal 40- 115), AST 48 (range 10-40), ALT 83 (range 9-46. Quest did this test.

So, liver enzymes are up, but is it anything to worry about. It has been 1.5 months since taking the "supplement", and testosterone levels regeister in normal range. I do take Milk Thistle twice a day, something I started in October. Can that cause these increases?

Looking for suggestions. Was about to start on 8 - 10 week peptide cycle. Am still taking weekly dr. prescribed testosterone injection.

Thanks for readin this long post. I appreciate your help.

Dave

Originally posted by dgcesq View Post
    Hi everyone:

Hoping for some help with my bloodwork.

In July, 2013, my Bilirubin was .5 (normal range 0.3 - 1.2) Alkaline Phosphate was 86 (normal range 35-129), ALT was 31 (normal range <42) and AST was 24 (normal range <39). In other words, all was well. Quest Diagnostics did bloodwork

In August I started taking some injectable "supplements," under guidance from an experienced friend. I had been on a dr. administered testosterone supplement for most of the year.

In October I developed really itchy skin - like really itchy, couldn't sleep at all. Stopped taking everything.

In November a dr. diagnosed a skin fungus. Dr. took blood in early November. Bilirubin was 1.8(normal range 0.3 - 1.2), Alk. Phos 157 (normal range 39-117), ast 59 (normal 0-37), alt 92(normal 0-53). I don't know why the range differed, except that Sostas Lab Partners did this test.

Dr. asked me to come back in because she was concerned about the liver enzyme levels. Second test in later November showed Bilirubin 1.2 (normal 0.3 - 1.2) , Alk Phos. 136 (normal 39-117) ,AST 69 (normal 0- 37) , ALT 101 (normal 0-53) . Lab was Solstas.

I just had bloodwork done again last week. (Dec. 12, 2013). Bilirubin .5 (normal 0.2 - 1.2), Alk Phos. 97 (normal 40- 115), AST 48 (range 10-40), ALT 83 (range 9-46. Quest did this test.

So, liver enzymes are up, but is it anything to worry about. It has been 1.5 months since taking the "supplement", and testosterone levels regeister in normal range. I do take Milk Thistle twice a day, something I started in October. Can that cause these increases?

Looking for suggestions. Was about to start on 8 - 10 week peptide cycle. Am still taking weekly dr. prescribed testosterone injection.

Thanks for readin this long post. I appreciate your help.

Dave
    What are the "supplements"?

Do you drink alcohol?

Comment

Masteron, 1cc/week, NPP 1cc every 3 days.

I do drink. I have a few on weekends, generally not enough to get a buzz (although Xmas parties are an exception). Very little beer, mostly whisky or wine. I had planned to go paleo and alcohol free for the first 2 months of the year.

I'm a crossfit guy, 44 yrs old, 5'10 220lbs. I've been sitting at a desk for 15 yrs, so the "supplements" have significantly shortened the time it has taken to get into reasonable shape to be able to go to the gym every day (5 days a week) and be able to complete the workouts. I'm down 20 lbs and 4 inches of waist since June, have hit lifetime PRs in squat, deadlift, and bench (no weights that would impress on this board, but I'm proud of them). I was struggling before, just to keep up. Anyway, I guess that's something of a summary.

Comment

Originally posted by dgcesq View Post
        Masteron, 1cc/week, NPP 1cc every 3 days.

I do drink. I have a few on weekends, generally not enough to get a buzz (although Xmas parties are an exception). Very little beer, mostly whisky or wine. I had planned to go paleo and alcohol free for the first 2 months of the year.

I'm a crossfit guy, 44 yrs old, 5'10 220lbs. I've been sitting at a desk for 15 yrs, so the "supplements" have significantly shortened the time it has taken to get into reasonable shape to be able to go to the gym every day (5 days a week) and be able to complete the workouts. I'm down 20 lbs and 4 inches of waist since June, have hit lifetime PRs in squat, deadlift, and bench (no weights that would impress on this board, but I'm proud of them). I was struggling before, just to keep up. Anyway, I guess that's something of a summary.
        I'd quit the drinking, but even then, the drugs you have listed are not overly hepatoxic.

No orals?

I had success with 1g Milk Thistle every day for 14 days and tons of lemon water when I had high liver values from Tbol a long time ago.

Have you tried something like Liv 52?

Comment

I've been taking Liver Rescue 4, which I got at Whole Foods. 600 mg Milk Thistle, plus some other herbs. I have no idea if it's a quality product. I read your educational post on the liver and liver protectants. Can you suggest a NAC, TUDCA product? The Liv-52 doesn't appear to have either of these chemicals, but I can by another supplement for those, right?

Thanks for all your help and patience with my questions - really appreciate it!

Comment

Liv 52 still contains various ingredients that will help regenerate the liver. I use the DS (double strength) formula.

Dan has posted some great stuff on NAC and TUDCA regarding dosing, it may be worth PM'ing Dan to see what he suggests.

Comment

Working...
            X