Donating Blood (issues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating Blood (issues)

My BW came back 2 weeks ago pretty good. RBC was high, which I expected. Anyways, I have been having some serious nosebleeds over the last week and feel it is time to donate. Is there any other means to lower RBC rather than donate? I really dont want a 14ga needle in my arm, and blood makes me extremely sick if I were to see it. Thanks.

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
    My BW came back 2 weeks ago pretty good. RBC was high, which I expected. Anyways, I have been having some serious nosebleeds over the last week and feel it is time to donate. Is there any other means to lower RBC rather than donate? I really dont want a 14ga needle in my arm, and blood makes me extremely sick if I were to see it. Thanks.
    Not get it too high in the first place!

Reduce cardio.

Comment

Dont climb up a mountain either! Skiing for example.

Comment

Hmmm this topic has always interested me - how to reduce RBC without giving blood. Can't say I know of any methods at the moment, but its something to look into.

You could try chemotherapy lol.
        Chief writer for Steroidal.com
        Formerly known as Atomini
        Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
        "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

That's kind of freaky because I have been doing a tremendous amount of mountain climbing and trekking while hunting. And I'm getting winded easily. I shall proceed to give some blood because y'all have me freaked out, lol. I'll just bite the bullet and do it, even though it terrifies me.

Comment

Originally posted by warmouth View Post
            That's kind of freaky because I have been doing a tremendous amount of mountain climbing and trekking while hunting. And I'm getting winded easily. I shall proceed to give some blood because y'all have me freaked out, lol. I'll just bite the bullet and do it, even though it terrifies me.
            I've never actually given blood, but I dont mind doing my weekly HRT jab! Just relax and make sure you dont have a lot to do after giving blood, it can take the energy out of you and make you tired and light headed so take it easy after. I've been with friends who have done it but no personal experience.

Comment

Yeah just bite the bullet and give some blood. You'll feel better afterwards knowing you have relieved some strain on your CVS, and that someone somewhere out there will benefit (and even perhaps have their life saved) from your donation.
              Chief writer for Steroidal.com
              Formerly known as Atomini
              Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
              "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
                Yeah just bite the bullet and give some blood. You'll feel better afterwards knowing you have relieved some strain on your CVS, and that someone somewhere out there will benefit (and even perhaps have their life saved) from your donation.
                Very true, good point. And maybe grow a couple of inches on their arms!

Comment

Working...
                X