No announcement yet.

MDS1' s Autumn Bulk Log.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how it is on trying to add weight when your body works against you. It's good and bad. Mostly bad for me.

Comment

Anything new to report?

Comment

Week Three:

I weigh 208lbs and strength is up this week. I also feel full and pumped, and a little "inflexible" if that makes any sense. My training intensity is also improved, and my training partner has noticed it. I really feel Gung-Ho in the gym, and seem to keep momentum and focus set after set. All good news!

Diet has been satisfactory, I've managed to eat on time and regularly for the most part, although difficult at times with a retail Job. I am going to try to up the overall calorie count a little as I seem to burn up everything consumed. I do tend to eat clean each meal- mostly chicken, eggs, fish and steak. I might throw in a pizza or two and more carbs for this next week (I am not a great fan of Carbs usually) to try to force some more weight gain.

Mental outlook is very positive, I really get a kick out of looking and feeling good on a cycle. Sex drive is up too, I've been as horny as a billy Goat this week and the missus has noticed that! lol!

The only unusual thing I have noticed, is really vivid dreams and night sweats. I usually sleep like the dead, but have had some really crazy dreams this week. My assumption would be.... that is a side effect of the Trenbolone. I have also hurt my right Achilles tendon (doing stupidly heavy calf raises) so I will go easy on that for a while. It seems ok with toe-presses, but not standing calf raises or Donkeys. So they are out until it heals. Thankfully I have no other injuries.

So that ends this week's check in.
        Cheers Guys!

Comment

Week Four:

A good week,feeling stronger and looking rounder. I weigh 209lbs and feel pumped all the time. Training is good, weights and reps are on the up and I look rounder and fuller in the delts, traps, triceps and quads. Not so noticeable straight out of bed cold and un-pumped, but I can now certainly see the difference in the gym. Not huge awe-inspiring gains, but steady, definate progress.

Diet is on track, but weight gain is still slow despite upping the overall calories and eating a fair bit of crap. I basically make sure i have consumed at least 220grams of first class quality protein daily, if I can squeeze in pizza, ice cream, flapjacks and pancakes on top of my seven meals - I do.

Administration of my cycle has been without problems so far, however with daily injections I do feel a bit like a pin-cushion. lol! I am having a blood test done this week, just to check out kidney, liver and cholesterol readings, and I'm keeping a watchful eye on my Blood pressure which is slightly elevated. 140/88 is what it sits at right now.

So to summarise- I feel good, strong and a Man with a purpose. I was hoping to hit 215lbs by the end of this cycle, however that might be a little optimistic. If I hit 212lbs and can hold it, that will do nicely

Comment

I think you'll hit 215! Bulking is so much harder for me than cutting. How many calories would you say you are taking in daily?

Comment

I try to hit at least 3000 calories a day. But to be honest, life sometimes gets in the way of my plans! I seek progress, not perfection a typical day for me looks like this:

Meal 1: Porage oats or eggs (poached or scrambled & wholegrain toast)
              Meal 2: Chicken Sandwich, Banana & Whey shake
              Meal 3: 4 Hard boiled eggs & Flapjack
              Meal 4: Rib-Eye Steak & Broccoli
              Meal 5: 2 Chicken breasts in wraps with salad
              Meal 6: Fillet steak or white fish & veg
              Meal 7: Whey shake and nuts & raisins.

If I can, before bed I down some Ice Cream or sometimes I have extra oats and raisins, I seem to sleep better with sugars in my system - just my own observation, I doubt it's nutritionally beneficial. I also eat pizza and anything else I fancy on my day off, usually Wednesday as I work weekends.

Comment

Adding a whey shake in the night when you get up to go to the toilet is also effective. Or casein before bed.

Comment

Week Five :

I hit 210lbs this week, I feel very stiff, inflexible and breathless. A sure sign for me the weight is going on. I am also having pretty serious night sweats and the weirdest dreams. Strength is up, and despite feeling breathless and blowing like a train in my workouts - I am shifting some decent weights. My blood pressure is still slightly up, but nothing too serious. Resting pulse rate is up too, I will monitor this. I get the results from my blood test next Friday, It'll be interesting to see what's going on with the vitals.

All in all this bulking cycle is doing exactly what it should, I feel really good in the gym, I get awesome pumps and keep the energy high set after set. I am looking fuller too, with I hope not too much fat and water, just some decent quality gains.

So that sums up week Five... A bit Bigger, heavier, stronger - and so far not too many sides apart from breathlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by MDS1 View Post
                    Week Five :

I hit 210lbs this week, I feel very stiff, inflexible and breathless. A sure sign for me the weight is going on. I am also having pretty serious night sweats and the weirdest dreams. Strength is up, and despite feeling breathless and blowing like a train in my workouts - I am shifting some decent weights. My blood pressure is still slightly up, but nothing too serious. Resting pulse rate is up too, I will monitor this. I get the results from my blood test next Friday, It'll be interesting to see what's going on with the vitals.

All in all this bulking cycle is doing exactly what it should, I feel really good in the gym, I get awesome pumps and keep the energy high set after set. I am looking fuller too, with I hope not too much fat and water, just some decent quality gains.

So that sums up week Five... A bit Bigger, heavier, stronger - and so far not too many sides apart from breathlessness.
                    Whats your cardio routine?

Comment

I have made a concious decision not to do any cardio for this eight week bulking cycle. I stay lean all year round, and can lose fat, water and muscle at an astonishing rate if I don't keep the food intake high and the training as heavy as I can.

A typical example of my weight loss if I don't eat & train regularly- Last Christmas (2014) I took five weeks off from the gym and dropped from 202lbs to 178lbs in five weeks. For me personally, gaining weight is not easy at all.

However, I am seriously thinking of incorporating 2 or 3 cardio sessions per week in the latter part of this cycle just to keep my cardiovascular system in shape. I'll keep you posted how it goes

Comment

Have you had to make an increase in calories yet?

Comment

Week Six :

Not such a good week, sadly. I found out the reason for being out of breath all the time.... a Chest infection combined with a common cold. I have only trained twice this week, as I feel as rough as a fighting Dog's bollocks.

Weight is down to 206lbs which is to be expected as my appetite has been non-existent. I have managed to get to work everyday, but training has to be given a back seat until this temporary condition passes.

I got the results of my blood test, which was a pleasant surprise. All systems good to go, no elevated readings on Kidneys or Liver function, and Cholesterol normal. My Doctor has suggested putting me on 5mg's of Perindopril for my Blood pressure, as it is slightly high (140/88) and to use his words.... "It's long term preventative medication" I guess most guys of my age are on BP Meds of some sort, so I will take his advice.

I hope to be back in the Gym tomorrow - as long as this breathlessness continues to subside. It's a bit of a bummer to get sick on a cycle, especially as I was feeling so good, but hey- shit happens!

I will update next week, cheers Fellas!

Comment

It never fails man. There is always a hiccup or 2. Last week was for me. Only trained twice. But they were good workouts. And if the doc putnoun on the BP meds, just stick with it. There is nothing long term to be worried about as long as you take it. I'm sure this week will be a make up week and you'll bust out some workouts that will suprise you! Good luck and get better!

Comment

Still following, good stuff.

Perhaps play with cardio to bring down BP and limit salt intake.

Comment

Just a quick midweek update:- Trained legs tonight and surprised myself, was able to squat 396lbs for 8 reps for a couple of sets, and then had a go at a single at 485lbs. I doubt that squat would have passed a Powerlifting judging panel, but I was thrilled to be able to do it. I haven't done that sort of weight since I was in my thirties.

Followed up with 4 sets of 880lbs on the leg press, and blowing like a train, called it a night. I'm still very chesty, but shortness of breath is improving. Back on track
                                Squats_Oct_2015.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X