Birth Control/Seeing workout results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Control/Seeing workout results

So I have heard that taking birth control pills can get in the way of seeing results in the gym due to the estrogen. I know this is a female thing so not sure if any of you will really have any information on this. If this is the case, I was thinking about discontinuing my birth control pills and getting the shot (which apparently has no estrogen in it). Any thoughts, tips or advice? Thank you!

Is My Birth Control Stopping My Progress in the Gym? | Breaking Muscle

Upon further research MK, drop it! I have witnessed first hand that AAS and BC don't need to be used together. If you are worried about bearing children, then don't have sex! Here is what I have seen. I have seen a chick use anavar with no BC and have 0 side effects and nothing but good things come of it. I have also seen this same girl use NPP and BC at the same time and have oily skin, breakouts, and bloat. I feel like in women, and I can confirm this, that the body basically is producing an abundance of estrogen, and thus shows signs of the higher estrogen. Like when women start their periods, they typically can breakout in acne and have oily skin and bloat, all of which I mentioned. I hope Dan chimes in, and if he don't, I will ask him to join in on the conversation. But I do think that BC and AAS should not be used together, but that is my personal opinion. I think it can be a reason that results aren't coming faster from your lifestyle. I think the additional water retention hides the results, even though the results are still there, you just don't notice it as much. I have been studying this in depth, and this is just the stuff I have came to conclusion on. There just isn't enough info on women and AAS out there yet, and I hope this forum gets it out there. That why we need you and the others to keep at this and work to help build our knowledge of womens usage. So far, this site is still head and shoulders over the rest as far as women go, but with hands on experienced women like yourself, we can catapult into a whole new level, and not only help the board, but help women and trainers all over the world because we are the fastest growing and most comprehensive website dedicated to steroid/diet/workout/etc., and our members are literally from all over the world. You go girl!

Comment

I've been very busy lately, but I will look into this soon...
      Chief writer for Steroidal.com
      Formerly known as Atomini
      Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
      "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MKThompson View Post
        So I have heard that taking birth control pills can get in the way of seeing results in the gym due to the estrogen. I know this is a female thing so not sure if any of you will really have any information on this. If this is the case, I was thinking about discontinuing my birth control pills and getting the shot (which apparently has no estrogen in it). Any thoughts, tips or advice? Thank you!

Is My Birth Control Stopping My Progress in the Gym? | Breaking Muscle
        Do you notice a difference in training, mental stimulation, strength in or around your menstrual cycle?

Comment

Thank you both!! I appreciate you looking into this. Good information to think about and honestly it didn't even cross my mind that my BC could be a factor until you said something about it. I am most likely going to get off ASAP and then will see if I notice any differences after a while. I am hoping that BC has been "hiding" some of my results from my continous hard work

You may have no idea, but couldn't I get the shot and not have these side effects? From what I have read about online it doesn't seem to have estrogen in it....?

Comment

I am not sure I can really tell a signifcant difference to be honest with you besides just feeling the typical side effects - a little more fatigue, bloating, etc. But nothing major. When I am training or doing my workouts, it isn't anything I can't push through

Comment

I think that even the shots will at least "mimic" estrogen. Using anabolics should, in theory, be a BC of sorts. They are for me, well at proper doses anyways. But we will get to the root of this because we all want to learn every aspect in this as well.

Comment

Good point....maybe I am just so used to being on birth control it seems weird not to be. Very interested to learn more about this... Thank you for researching!

Comment

Blah, i've been so busy with school, I haven't been able to look into this yet. But without having looked into it, i'd say that the general answer is probably NO, it will not affect gains very much. Look at men who use high doses of aromatizable androgens without an AI, their Estrogen levels skyrocket even greater than a female's and yet their gains are not hampered. Female birth control is a very, very low dose of Estrogen and/or Progesterone, and doesn't even come close to what I just mentioned. Keep in mind, however, that the hormonal physiology of males and females are very different.

And Warmouth is correct, there should be no need to use birth control at all if a female goes on a cycle of AAS. The AAS has inhibitive properties on ovulation and acts as a birth control in and of itself. Ask any woman who has used Anavar or any other AAS, their menstrual cycles get thrown right off.
                  Chief writer for Steroidal.com
                  Formerly known as Atomini
                  Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
                  "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Balancing the desire for both birth control and seeing workout results can be a significant challenge. However, finding the right fitness routine is essential. Whether you're on a fitness journey or exploring contraception options, https://b2bheatrecovery.wordpress.com/ can offer valuable insights. This platform provides information on workouts, recovery, and health, ensuring a holistic approach to well-being. By understanding how exercise and contraception intersect, individuals can make informed decisions to optimize their physical and reproductive health, achieving the results they desire in both aspects of their lives.

Comment

Achieving workout results is a thrilling journey, akin to the careful planning and precision of birth control. Both endeavors require dedication and monitoring. Just as Running Injuries Edinburgh can deter one's fitness progress, unexpected setbacks can disrupt family planning. Whether striving for physical transformation or reproductive control, the key lies in consistency and adapting to unforeseen challenges. In both cases, patience and perseverance play vital roles in realizing one's desired outcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X