Follistatin 344 Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follistatin 344 Log

I received 3 vials of Follistatin 344 in the mail today. I've grown very interested in this, and want to share my experiences with you all. Supposedly, this is a myostatin inhibitor. Myostatin is responsible for inhibiting muscle growth. To give an example of how strong myostatin plays a roll in hindering gains, here is a bull that completely lacks myostatin:

Now, let's get to it shall we? Here are my stats and what I'm taking right now for the next 2 weeks until I start my PCT. My method of measuring bodyfat isn't reliable, so I am choosing not to include that.

Stats:
    5'11"
    214.5lbs

Test blend 800mg/w (cyp, enanthate, deca)
    Tren enanthate 400mg/w
    Aromasin 1x ed
    Letrozol 2.5mg ed
    Slin (eod)
    T3 75mg/day
    CJC DAC 500mg weekly w/ 250mg huperzine a and 200mg EGCG ed

After 2 weeks, I'll be running:

Slin (eod)
    CJC DAC 500mg weekly w/ 250mg huperzine a and 200mg EGCG ed
    Nolvadex 40-20mg ed for 4 weeks.

This whole trial should run me 30 days, at 100mcg every day of Folli, (assuming I run it straight through). I'll be shooting 50mcg in each pec for 2 days, then in each lat for 2 days, and will be repeating this.

Log Entry #1: June 3rd
    Reconstituted my Folli in bac water after my morning cardio. Shot 50mcg in each pec. I was expecting a pain similar to IGF, and was pleasantly surprised. (Damn acetic acid) Nothing to report after the shot.

I trained hamstrings, calves, and triceps today. I had weird pumps. They were very big pumps, but they hurt like hell. The best way to describe them would be dry, and raw pumps. That's all to report for today. No extra hunger, nothing else noticed.

Following...

Comment

Log Entry #2: June 4th
      50mcg each lat about an hour before training. Big pumps that had a weird "dry and raw" feeling to them. No weight today as I couldn't get a solid morning weigh in before a meal. Although, I was about 219.5 after breakfast and a poop. Yesterday I was 214.5 before breakfast and after a poop. Breakfast was roughly 1kg worth of edibles. Water included. So you could roughly say 217 morning weight. Unreliable numbers, but it's a good guess. I should have a more accurate weight tommorrow as I'll be on a normal schedule. It's a day off tomorrow but I'll be doing 30 minutes morning cardio.

Originally posted by Mini-G
      Gaiiiiiiins.

Who needs myostatin.
      What is hormone?

Comment

Following as well!

Comment

Log Entry #3: June 5th

Thanks for stopping by Admin and LTN!

Weight is 217 this morning, that's up 2.5lbs since I started on Monday. Two whole days on Folli so far, and I am leaner than when I started, and heavier. My tear drops are getting slightly striated again, as well as the outside of my quads. I'm looking fuller as well. I have 7 more days worth from the first vial, and for the next two, I'm debating. I want to run all 3 straight through for 30 days, as I'll be on my cycle for this time and into my PCT, as I feel I'll make best gains then. It seems this persists in the body for a few weeks after so I could be wasting some of it by not waiting between vials. I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

I won't have any accurate weight readings this weekend as I'm switching from night shift to day shift for a few days, then back to nights.

Comment

Following this.

However, there's one thing you need to know about suppressing myostatin. The problem with that is that it isn't the same in humans. Rats and mice have naturally very very high levels of myostatin present in their bodies. We humans have a fraction of what mice do. Therefore, a reduction in myostatin in mice would lead to extremely significant muscle mass increases, while changes resulting in us would not be anywhere near as dramatic. It's very different for us. Furthermore, when myostatin levels were reduced in humans in clinical studies, it has been demonstrated that tendons became dangerously weak and brittle in the test subjects, leading researchers to believe that myostatin plays an important role in the strengthening and maintenance of tendons and connective tissue. Not a good thing! Especially if you're looking to increase strength and whatnot in the gym. I wouldn't want bigger stronger muscles at the expense of weakened connective tissue. So just be careful with your follistatin use, and listen to your body carefully if you feel anything negative when it comes to tendons, joints, connective tissue, etc. Also, that gigantic cow was programmed genetically to lack myostatin production, which is of course very different from suppressing myostatin through increases of a different hormone.

See the following:

Myostatin in tendon maintenance and repair. Myostatin in tendon maintenance and repair. [Growth Factors. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Tendons of myostatin-deficient mice are small, brittle, and hypocellular. Tendons of myostatin-deficient mice... [Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
            Chief writer for Steroidal.com
            Formerly known as Atomini
            Steroidal.com: the world's largest informational resource on anabolic steroids and all things performance enhancing drug related!
            "Strongest minds are often those whom the noisy world hears least" - William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
              Following this.

However, there's one thing you need to know about suppressing myostatin. The problem with that is that it isn't the same in humans. Rats and mice have naturally very very high levels of myostatin present in their bodies. We humans have a fraction of what mice do. Therefore, a reduction in myostatin in mice would lead to extremely significant muscle mass increases, while changes resulting in us would not be anywhere near as dramatic. It's very different for us. Furthermore, when myostatin levels were reduced in humans in clinical studies, it has been demonstrated that tendons became dangerously weak and brittle in the test subjects, leading researchers to believe that myostatin plays an important role in the strengthening and maintenance of tendons and connective tissue. Not a good thing! Especially if you're looking to increase strength and whatnot in the gym. I wouldn't want bigger stronger muscles at the expense of weakened connective tissue. So just be careful with your follistatin use, and listen to your body carefully if you feel anything negative when it comes to tendons, joints, connective tissue, etc. Also, that gigantic cow was programmed genetically to lack myostatin production, which is of course very different from suppressing myostatin through increases of a different hormone.

See the following:

Myostatin in tendon maintenance and repair. Myostatin in tendon maintenance and repair. [Growth Factors. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Tendons of myostatin-deficient mice are small, brittle, and hypocellular. Tendons of myostatin-deficient mice... [Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
              Thanks for the info Dan, I initially planned to run Folli for 30 days straight, but my knees have been a tad bit more sore than usual but that might be all the extra work I've been doing. So thinking 10 days on, XX days off if it gets any worse. Don't want to risk it. Going to take a look at those links once I get back from the gym.

Comment

Log Entry #4: June 6th
                I'm back down to my starting weight of 214.5, but I'm considerably leaner. I didn't train yesterday, so to compensate for the lack of exercise, I dropped my cals a little and didn't eat everything in sight. I'd say I ate around maintenance and not the usual ridiculous amount over. One thing I did notice though, is that my knees were very sore at work last night. Could just be from standing on them all night, or the lack of myostatin.

Regardless, I am leaner, and the same weight, which means I'm growing and leaning up. I look a lot fuller, and I gained a quarter inch on my arms so far, which is great considering I don't train arms with the same drive/volume that I train anything else, since they're a strong point. I trained chest today with slin pre, and the pump was incredible. My chest was blown up the biggest I've ever seen it. I'll get Mini-G to take a look at me in a few days to give another perspective on what Folli has done to me. Stay tuned folks!

Comment

Log Entry #5: June 7th
                  213lbs this morning. Down 1.5 since I started the log, and I've been eating a ridiculous amount. 500+g of carbs, 450+g of protein, and 80-90g of fat. I should be gaining weight on this amount. I'm leaning up a lot, especially for the few lbs I've lost. Tear drops are getting striated again, abs and obliques are showing better. This means I'm growing too because I should have lost around 10lbs to start to see those things again.

Definite wear on the tendons though. Nothing serious, but they definitely don't feel as strong. Going to see if I can find anything to tendon strength, if there is such a thing.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm going to eat in a deficit the next two days with high protein, to see how it'll work.
                  Last edited by Bull; 06-08-2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Log Entry #6: June 10th
                    I've been curious to the shelf life of Folli after mixing. I doubled my dose over the weekend to 200mcg daily, just to get rid of what I had preloaded. There are no hard facts I can find, but I've seen anything from it's stable for a few minutes after mixing, to a few weeks. So, just to test this theory out, I shot a whole vial today. 500mcg in each lat, within 1 minute of mixing. I train chest in about 2.5 hours, so I'll report back if anything needs to be said.

Morning weight was a lean 216 but that's inaccurate I believe, as I've had a messed up weekend. Switched from night shifts, to days, and back to nights.

Comment

Log Entry #7: June 10th
                      Had a very large chest pump today. I also shot 8iu slin pre workout, so that contributed to that. Possibly the biggest chest pump ever? Not a "skin splitting" pump I got when I was pinning 14 iu slin pre last winter, but I believe that's because my fascia has been stretched from that. Nothing much else to add to that. Contest prep starts in 2 days so I'm unsure how/when I will use the last vial of Folli. I have 5 months to prep, and as lean as I am, I may only need 3 months and take my time. I'll probably take a few weeks and grow during that period, and when I do, I may throw the folli in then. I'll keep you guys updated the next few days to see if there is anything else to report.

Comment

Log Entry #8: June 12th
                        The joint pain I experienced the past few days was not from Folli, but from lack of estrogen. My heavy cycle (for me) was causing tons of estrogen related side effects especially when coupled with HCG. So I dropped HCG, and added Letro. I didn't mention it because it seemed unrelated. Now that I think about it, one of my previous shows I ran a low dose of letro for 2-3 months and my knees felt a similar pain to now. So, Folli isn't causing my joint pain.

Conclusion
                        I ran 2 vials Follistatin 344 at 100mcg ed for 8 days, 200mcg for 1 day, then 1mg for 1 day. During this period, I seemed to lean up slightly, and my weight fluctuated up and down a few lbs. I started at 214.5lbs, and bounced up and down from 217.5 to 213.5, which is not a usual occurrence for me as my diet very rarely changes, even sodium (except for a few off season cheats).

It would be safe for me to say that either this product is under dosed from my supplier, or it simply doesn't work as well as I had hoped. All other products I ordered are legit, so I would have a hard time believing it's bunk. I have 1 vial left, and will be using it for chest/back days only, as it has a 24 hour half life according to my supplier. I won't be logging it, but I'll drop by and post another update as to how it goes. My contest prep starts today, but it's a long one which leaves me time to grow some lagging parts.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Log Entry #9: June 13th
                          I've mixed up my last vial and I'll be shooting 100mcg EOD. Will keep you updated on anything interesting.

Comment

Final Log Entry: June 25th

After running 3 vials of Follistatin 344, I conclude the stuff is bunk for us humans. There were no extra gains to speak of, and no added fat loss on top of what I was already taking. Safe to say folks, no need to waste your money on the stuff. Hard to say how others running logs have claimed 10lbs in 10 days. Maybe they got some other harsh compound in its place. Extra water? Who knows. Regardless, now I(we) know for sure, and you fellas don't need to waste your money on the stuff. Fair chunk of change down the drain but well worth the first hand knowledge. Thanks for reading all! Feel free to hop in the CJC DAC log, I'll be running that for many months to come.

Comment

Working...
                            X