Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnenolone: The Mother of All Steroid Hormones

Pregnenolone: steroid hormone power to beat stress and boost memory
    Often described as the mother of all hormones, naturally occurring pregnenolone acts to improve memory and combat depression - and has powerful anti-inflammatory arthritis pain relieving properties.

Pregnenolone isn’t actually a steroid hormone, but what’s known as a metabolite – the molecules forming part of the chemical chain behind human development.

Pregnenolone acts as a key building block in the body’s steroid hormone production during the cellular growth process powered by mitochondria. Mitochondria act as the power source to drive the growth of cells in the body by generating ATP – short for adenosine triphosphate – a form of chemical energy. In a typical human cell there may be thousands of mitochondria, which also contain pregnenolone.

Inextricably linked to this cellular growth process, pregnenolone forms the raw material for hormone production. This explains why it’s inadvertently called the mother of all hormones, the pregnenolone hormone and sometimes the adrenal hormone (being formed in the adrenal gland and central nervous system).

Pregnenolone certainly plays a vital part in hormone production: From the steroid hormone Progesterone, to estrogen, testosterone and the dhea steroid hormone (short for dehydroepiandrosterone), Pregnenolone is behind them all.

What is dehydroepiandrosterone?
    Like its counterparts estrogen, testosterone, cortisone and Progresterone, dehydroepiandrosterone is a steroid hormone that Pregnenolone helps to produce.

The benefits of pregnenolone
    Research into pregnenolone benefits can be traced back to the 1940s, when it was found to aid the productivity of factory workers, whilst helping to reduce stress. Pregnenolone for pain relief research also centered on pregnenolone’s excellent anti inflammatory properties, particularly in the treatment of arthritis.

What is pregnenolone used for today?
    While pregnenolone benefits had been established and found safe to use as a pregnenolone supplement, it wasn’t until the 1990s that pregnenolone rose to prominence again – this time as an anti aging memory enhancer and an aid to boost memory.

Research cantered on the brain hormone factor and how pregenenolone benefits mental health and wellbeing as part of the complex steroid hormone production process. The scientific community was interested in how the pregenolone metabolic process could influence mental health, stress and depression, with pregnenolone supplementation perhaps acting as an anti depression supplement.

In addition to stress and depression, pregnenolone supplementation also entered the anti aging arena to address mental decline and memory loss, and act as a memory enhancer. As optimal levels of pregnenolone are known to be important for mental health and cognitive functions, pregnenolone therapy came to be viewed as an important anti aging product, along with fellow cognitive enhancers such as Idebenone, piracetam, Hydergine and Vitamin B12.

Progresterone Pregnenolone & DHEA
    Pregnenolone’s interlinking role in producing steroid hormones such as the Progresterone hormone, estrogen hormone, testosterone hormone, and dhea hormone may play a part in anti aging health.

Why consider a Pregnenolone hormone supplement?
    Men and women typically have differing amounts of pregnenolone, while lifestyle, exercise, stress levels and age also play a part. By the age of 70 Pregnenolone levels in the body may have declined by up to 60 per cent – which is why older people may consider taking a pregnenolone dosage as part of a regular pregnenolone supplement.

Pregnenolone Uses
    As a memory enhancer, the pregnenolone hormone action appears to aid knowledge acquisition and boost long term memory capabilities. A 1995 clinical study produced pregnenolone testimonials vouching for its effectiveness, particularly in relation to use of dhea to improve memory capabilities. During this trial, pregnenolone was found to be a potent memory enhancer – and possibly up to 100 times more effective than dhea.

Women embarking on the post-menopausal stage of their life may also find pregnenolone benefits them, as it offers a natural estrogen therapy and way to increase estrogen.

A pregnenolone supplement is available in tablet form and as a pregnenolone cream. As a natural supplement, Pregnenolone is safe to use and presents few side effects. However, care should be taken if you have a history of seizures due to the way that Pregnenolone reacts with the GABA receptors in the central nervous system.

From anti inflammatory arthritis pain relief to help with depression and memory loss, discovering more about pregnenolone presents a range of anti aging benefits

Ref. ias . com. Some things were changed as to not need expressed written consent. Article can be found online and can be viewed by the general public

This is oneof the better articles I have found that details the benefits of pregnenolone. There are many, but this goes to show why we need to supplement with this while being on testosterone replacement. There is a marked improvement in "brain fog" (which is very common with TRT) and a sense of well-being. I would even venture to say that pregnenolone would be fantastic to add to any cycle, wether you're on TRT or not. Some people even have a "benzo-type" reaction to this. It is a powerful mood enhancer and well as an anti-anxiety hormone.

Comment

Also, one last thing here. I'm working on
      a thread with plenty of references on the use of DHEA and pregnenolone for TRT guys. I only wanted to post this one due to questions we recieved on the need for preg. This is just a basic guide to be able to answer a few questions on this prohormone. More to come by the end of the weekend on the use and need of these 2 crucial supplements. I'm almost
      done and I will go over the dosing, best methods of delivery, frequency of use, and so on. Stay tuned!

Comment

Great write up WM! Lots of really good info here to set the record straight on this compound.

Comment

Originally posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
          Great write up WM! Lots of really good info here to set the record straight on this compound.
          Thanks OOS! This is just a little copy and paste job for the most part, but I am almost complete with a big article I've been working on all week. It covers the need/benefit of DHEA, pregnenolone, and melatonin with the use or testosterone replacement thearapy and even just when "cycling". I'm trying to get it finished up tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X