Post Cycle and Natural Production Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Cycle and Natural Production Question

I am prescribed 60 mg topical Testosterone but just started a 200mg/wk testosterone cypionate cycle and stopped the topical. Will taking the test cypionate at this dosage further reduce my body's ability to produce it's own testosterone after I stop?

"Further reduce" is not correct. You don't shut down "a little". It's all or nothing. Without knowing your background (IE are you hypogonadal?) I'll assume for now that you are at least slightly hypo since you have a prescription. I have been prescribed things when there really isn't a medical condition though so that doesn't mean I can take that leap, however in general...

Exogenous test or other suppressive AAS will shut your HPA down. Period. Topical vs. injected vs. oral doesn't matter. 100mg or 1000mg. Doesn't matter. You will shut down. Your natural production should come back to normal after you stop. Make sure you use a good PCT or it will be a rough ride!

Comment

Originally posted by TJM View Post
      "Further reduce" is not correct. You don't shut down "a little". It's all or nothing. Without knowing your background (IE are you hypogonadal?) I'll assume for now that you are at least slightly hypo since you have a prescription. I have been prescribed things when there really isn't a medical condition though so that doesn't mean I can take that leap, however in general...

Exogenous test or other suppressive AAS will shut your HPA down. Period. Topical vs. injected vs. oral doesn't matter. 100mg or 1000mg. Doesn't matter. You will shut down. Your natural production should come back to normal after you stop. Make sure you use a good PCT or it will be a rough ride!
      Excellent post and information TJM.

Comment

Jim, Thanks. You got right to the point, and I appreciate. My next question: at 200 mg test c, is a PCT necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by Amsterdam View Post
          Jim, Thanks. You got right to the point, and I appreciate. My next question: at 200 mg test c, is a PCT necessary?
          Please read this: Post Cycle Therapy | Steroidal.com

The answer to your question is - yes.

HRT is a lifelong commitment. You don need PCT after cycling steroids if you're on HRT.

Comment

Ok, thanks. That takes a load off. When should I go back to my topical after the cycle?

Comment

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I should have a PCT? If so, if I'm on topical HRT of 60 mg topical testosterone....1) what PCT is recommended, and 2) when should I start taking the topical test again?

Thanks.

Comment

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I should have a PCT? If so, if I'm on topical HRT of 60 mg topical testosterone....1) what PCT is recommended, and 2) when should I start taking the topical test again?

Thanks.
                No, on HRT you do not have a PCT, you just return to your HRT dosage of testosterone. In your case, 60mg topical every day.

Comment

Won't there be post-cycle aromatization of the large amounts of test? Would I not need an estrogen antagonist like Nolvadex?

Real newbe here

Comment

Won't there be post-cycle aromatization of the large amounts of test? Would I not need an estrogen antagonist like Nolvadex?

Real newbe here
                    Yes, newbie, but you haven't even take the time to read our articles here on the forum and main site, they have a ton of information.

You dont need a PCT if your are on hormone replacement doses of testosterone. You natural levels are zero because you're injecting or using topical testosterone. You may need an AI to control estrogen levels, but your endocrinologist should be looking at your blood work and looking after you.

Did a doctor prescribe your topical testosterone? Did you have blood tests?

Comment

My doctor did prescribe my topical testosterone and monitored my test level via blood tests. But now I'm doing a PED cycle of test c and my dr isn't involved with it.

Comment

My doctor did prescribe my topical testosterone and monitored my test level via blood tests. But now I'm doing a PED cycle of test c and my dr isn't involved with it.
                        Then when you are on cycle, use Aromasin (Exemestane) 10mg/ED or Arimidex 0.5mg/EOD. Then after your PED cycle, go back to topical testosterone therapy.

There is no need to do PCT with SERMs.

Comment

Ok. Thanks. That dose of Aromasin or Arimidex is right for 200 mg test c per week, or does the amount of test c not matter?

Comment

Ok. Thanks. That dose of Aromasin or Arimidex is right for 200 mg test c per week, or does the amount of test c not matter?
                            Thats impossible to say without getting blood testing done.

Start 200mg/wk Test and get BW done and see where estrogen is. Generally 10mg/ED is OK for those who cycle, but some need larger daily doses.

Comment

You're welcome.

No. Not if you're on TRT. You will likely need to supplement with testosterone for the rest of your life. You do not need PCT. The point of PCT is to bring your natural test production back to normal with as little loss of tissue as possible (due to catabolic factors + estrogen imbalance, etc.). If you are already taking a low dose of testosterone in order to maintain normal levels, you do not need PCT. Just go back to your normal daily prescribed amount after the cycle. You won't experience the near total lack of testosterone that a person who is not on TRT has to endure in the first few weeks after stopping a cycle.

As Admin said, read all you can about the effects of AAS on your body.

I would look at what you're doing in a different way. Since you are on testosterone supplementation all of the time, you don't really cycle. You spike your dosages for the length of time that would normally be considered a "cycle". AKA blast and cruise. You're cruising with a medical blessing! Since you never come off testosterone therapy, you will not need to worry about PCT. You still need to control your estrogen and possibly prolactin (increases growth of breast tissue) depending on what compounds you're using. Prolactin is only an issue with 19 nor derivatives like Deca and Tren.

200mg a week isn't that much. Many are prescribed that amount for their TRT regimen. I wouldn't worry too much but as Admin said, blood tests are always prudent. I consider them a must pre and post cycle so I can see what my baselines were prior and after, see if I did any permanent damage. If you care about your health, get a hormone panel, CBC, and metabolic panel before and after your T spike. Health is the most important thing. Far more so than being 'big'.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X