Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCT article and HCG

Hi guys,

I found this site via a google search on some more modern and up to date PCT theories, and in fact have been studying and reading the Post Cycle Therapy article for the past couple of days.

It is very informative and well written, and full of good information.

I do however have a question regarding the HCG advice...

In the article it suggests that PCT should begin with 2 weeks of HCG at 1000iu eod, run with aromasin and nolva, and then a further 4 weeks after that with just nolva. Is this still considered best practise?

From my research and understanding, this is not necessary unless testicular atrophy has occured, as otherwise the HCG will be detrimental to recovery. Instead of running the HCG at the start of PCT, is it not more recommended to ensure atrophy doesn't occur in the first place, by running short sharp bursts of HCG throughout the later part of the cycle?

For example, my understanding is that this would be preferred in say a 10 week test only cycle:

week 1-10 : 500mg test e per week
    week 5-10 : 500-1000iu HCG per week
    week 12-15 : 20mg nolva ed

rather than:

week 1-10 : 500mg test e
    week 12-14 : 1000iu hcg eod, 25mg aromasin ed, 40mg nolva ed
    week 14-18 : 20mg nolva ed

Originally posted by fina View Post
    Hi guys,

I found this site via a google search on some more modern and up to date PCT theories, and in fact have been studying and reading the Post Cycle Therapy article for the past couple of days.

It is very informative and well written, and full of good information.

I do however have a question regarding the HCG advice...

In the article it suggests that PCT should begin with 2 weeks of HCG at 1000iu eod, run with aromasin and nolva, and then a further 4 weeks after that with just nolva. Is this still considered best practise?

From my research and understanding, this is not necessary unless testicular atrophy has occured, as otherwise the HCG will be detrimental to recovery. Instead of running the HCG at the start of PCT, is it not more recommended to ensure atrophy doesn't occur in the first place, by running short sharp bursts of HCG throughout the later part of the cycle?

For example, my understanding is that this would be preferred in say a 10 week test only cycle:

week 1-10 : 500mg test e per week
    week 5-10 : 500-1000iu HCG per week
    week 12-15 : 20mg nolva ed

rather than:

week 1-10 : 500mg test e
    week 12-14 : 1000iu hcg eod, 25mg aromasin ed, 40mg nolva ed
    week 14-18 : 20mg nolva ed
    Firstly, welcome to Steroidal.com.

I'm glad you found us!

Its better to use HCG on cycle and maintain testicular size and function. 250-500ius 2x per week is used from the start of the cycle.

I suggest then ramping HCG (doubling the dosage) for the final 4-5 shots, then begin PCT with SERMs treatment and various supplements.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Working...
      X