Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin
    replied
    So the latest is he's in Russia somewhere. But it looks like his agreement is that he won't leak anymore until he's elsewhere.

Looks as though he's also covered his tracks on what he was able to look at/download as well. The US government still dont know what he's got and hasn't got.

Leave a comment:

• warmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner here.

I'll fully admit that I'm not fully versed on the intricacies of the whole Snowden deal but it sure seems to me that all this "treason" talk and "worst revealing of American spy secrets, EVER," bs is just that....bs. The powers that be are just pissed caused he told US, the citizenry, what our own "benevolent" gov is doing to us. That's the important point here to me. He's telling us what's happening on AMERICAN soil. Not what's happening in any other part of the world. Sorry, I think we have a right to know what our own tax $$ is being used for against us. As far as the "treason" talk goes, does anyone here think that our Cat in Chief has done WAY more which could be much more easily construed as "treason" in comparison to what snowden has done? And not just him...pretty much take your pick of ANY career politician. I'd venture to say a sizable portion could easily be brought up on legitimate treason charges. Oh, sorry...that charge is reserved to be used BY the "elite" against us serfs.....Ok, I'm off my soap box now. Sorry for the rant.
    Very intetesting. When our banks and franny mae are forced to release all the forclosed houses in a few months, it is going to crash our economy anyways. I fear all our money will be even more usless then. So when we pay taxes, it wont be our money they are after, but our belongings. I'm afraid anyways. Ok, back on topic

Leave a comment:

• OdinsOtherSon
    replied
    Originally posted by warmouth View Post
    I'm telling you man, its going to eventually lead to a one world government. Just look. Its happening right before our eyes, and these "welfare"people don't care so long as they keep getting freebies.
    Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner here.

I'll fully admit that I'm not fully versed on the intricacies of the whole Snowden deal but it sure seems to me that all this "treason" talk and "worst revealing of American spy secrets, EVER," bs is just that....bs. The powers that be are just pissed caused he told US, the citizenry, what our own "benevolent" gov is doing to us. That's the important point here to me. He's telling us what's happening on AMERICAN soil. Not what's happening in any other part of the world. Sorry, I think we have a right to know what our own tax $$ is being used for against us. As far as the "treason" talk goes, does anyone here think that our Cat in Chief has done WAY more which could be much more easily construed as "treason" in comparison to what snowden has done? And not just him...pretty much take your pick of ANY career politician. I'd venture to say a sizable portion could easily be brought up on legitimate treason charges. Oh, sorry...that charge is reserved to be used BY the "elite" against us serfs.....Ok, I'm off my soap box now. Sorry for the rant.

Leave a comment:

• warmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan C View Post
    A related topic... I am very concerned about how Americanized we are becoming here in Canada. Look at this:

American Cops Don't Belong in Canada | Sean Casey

American cops stomping around on our soil enforcing laws? What is this, bizarro world? The next election can't come faster. Our current prime minister and his party need to be voted out of office. Ever since he and his conservative party have held office, Canada has become increasingly irrational, hysterical, and belligerent in its policies. Our country never used to make decisions like that.
    I'm telling you man, its going to eventually lead to a one world government. Just look. Its happening right before our eyes, and these "welfare"people don't care so long as they keep getting freebies.

Leave a comment:

• Dan C
    replied
    A related topic... I am very concerned about how Americanized we are becoming here in Canada. Look at this:

American Cops Don't Belong in Canada | Sean Casey

American cops stomping around on our soil enforcing laws? What is this, bizarro world? The next election can't come faster. Our current prime minister and his party need to be voted out of office. Ever since he and his conservative party have held office, Canada has become increasingly irrational, hysterical, and belligerent in its policies. Our country never used to make decisions like that.

Leave a comment:

• warmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin View Post
    What about you?
    I'm pretty much with you. I feel that the US government is completley destroying itself with the american public (well the ones not relying on unneeded welfare or gov. handouts). That seems to be our biggest issue. I think that the more our government gives these bullcrap handouts, the more the people will rely on them, and in turn will make them be able to get away with anything. This phone tapping for US citizens is just the tip of the iceberg. Before long I can see our troops deployed but the thousands to make sure we do what they say. And no, I'm not a conspiricy theorist nor doomsday prepper. I just can read the writing on the wall. Because of obama being elected for a second term, our healthcare goes to crap. Our social security and medicare is going to be gone. The people who actually need assistance won't be able to get it. And he was re-elected due to out "poverty stricken" citizens. Thats sarcasm. There is so many people here who is perfectly capable of working, but are so lazy that they choose welfare because work is hard....... It has become such a joke. Heck, you can get disability now if you have ADHD. And I'm serious. And people who legitamently can't work due to health reasons can take years to get it, while others who are early 20s can get it at the drop of a hat. This reason is why the government is able to tap our phones and control what we do, all because of these idiots electing this massive government that we don't need. Sorry for that rant!

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    What about you?

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    What is your personal take on him and what he has done?
    Thats a tricky question...

I think its easier answered by saying that I do NOT agree with what the USA does and other similar agencies. I dont think they need to gather this amount of information, store it or have access to pretty much everything online we do. And I don't believe its "because of terrorism" or similar bullshit. I dont think its necessary, but what do I know about protecting the United States? I think this information gathering is excessive.

I wont go as far as to say its world domination or something on this track, but some of these whacky theories do begin to sound a little bit believable sometimes.

He's got some fucking big bollocks for one. He's taken on the USA/CIA and NSA and doesn't seem to be slowing down. He changed his own destiny in a very big way and I dont think he was acting selfishly at all. His life will be nothing like it was before and he will always be looking over his shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• warmouth
    replied
    What is your personal take on him and what he has done?

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Given temporary Russian asylum. But he wont be releasing more documents just yet, not whilst he's there anyway. The ones that came out recently he had already given to the media.

XKeystroke, Prism, how many more has he got up his sleeve?

It was suggested he had 4 laptops with him when he arrived in HK.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    I think you're right. I also think (no, I KNOW) we're not getting the full scoop from the media. They're giving us what they want us to know, hoping to form the opinions they want formed. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the whole story. But, one can hope I suppose.
    I agree.

I actually wonder how hard the CIA and USA is going after him. They downed a plane carrying the Bolivian president because of him!

Leave a comment:

• OdinsOtherSon
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin View Post
    I think there is going to be far more twists and turns in this saga...
    I think you're right. I also think (no, I KNOW) we're not getting the full scoop from the media. They're giving us what they want us to know, hoping to form the opinions they want formed. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the whole story. But, one can hope I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    I think there is going to be far more twists and turns in this saga...

Leave a comment:

• OdinsOtherSon
    replied
    I cant make a judgement on the topic yet, until I figure more of what is actually going on. Right now, the F B I has every verizon wireless accound under surveillance until august. This monitoring is not for illegal aliens, nor terrorism, but only for the native born americans. This makes me sick. The suoreme court has openly said that this is blatantly unwarranted and is inconstitutional. I agree. Total bs and the new big government the US is running and still adding too, will be the demise of the US and all of our constitutional rights.
    I totally agree bro!

Leave a comment:

• warmouth
    replied
    I cant make a judgement on the topic yet, until I figure more of what is actually going on. Right now, the F B I has every verizon wireless accound under surveillance until august. This monitoring is not for illegal aliens, nor terrorism, but only for the native born americans. This makes me sick. The suoreme court has openly said that this is blatantly unwarranted and is inconstitutional. I agree. Total bs and the new big government the US is running and still adding too, will be the demise of the US and all of our constitutional rights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X