Post-Workout Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Workout Protocol

What's everyone's post workout protocol? Drugs and nutrition. I'll start.

When I get to my car: 100mcg MOD GRF 1-29,100mcg GHRP-2 and 7iu humulin-r(or humalog, wait 10 min after peptides for humalog)
    20 minutes later: 1 scoop whey, 5g glutamine, 5g creatine, 2g beta-alanine, 5gbcaas, and 35g simple carbs

After that I'll have a low fat, carb rich meal. Usually oatmeal and whey with a pack of those flavored oats thrown in for the simple carbs.

Days with no insulin is the same except peptides are pre workout.

Originally posted by Bull View Post
    What's everyone's post workout protocol? Drugs and nutrition. I'll start.

When I get to my car: 100mcg MOD GRF 1-29,100mcg GHRP-2 and 7iu humulin-r(or humalog, wait 10 min after peptides for humalog)
    20 minutes later: 1 scoop whey, 5g glutamine, 5g creatine, 2g beta-alanine, 5gbcaas, and 35g simple carbs

After that I'll have a low fat, carb rich meal. Usually oatmeal and whey with a pack of those flavored oats thrown in for the simple carbs.

Days with no insulin is the same except peptides are pre workout.
    PWO was usually Whey Iso with added Leucine, carbs.

Intra was PeptoPro and/or BCAAs.

Solid meal 1 hour after training, usually fish, rice, vegetables.

If I was using peptides, CJC 1295 100mcg with GHRP-6 100mcg PWO.

Comment

One Chipotle burrito with white rice, black beans, chicken, hot sauce, cheese and lettuce about 30 mins post workout.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Osos View Post
        One Chipotle burrito with white rice, black beans, chicken, hot sauce, cheese and lettuce about 30 mins post workout.
        Damn, that sounds a lot better than my oatmeal!

Comment

You should probably wait before hitting the slin shot while using peptides. Insulin would blunt the gh release from the peptides

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheSauce View Post
            You should probably wait before hitting the slin shot while using peptides. Insulin would blunt the gh release from the peptides
            It's not the insulin per-say, it's the ingestion of carbs/fats that blunt it. Even so, the blunt would only be 80% at most. I can't be arsed to look through hundreds of bookmarks for the studies right now, but it's fine if they're in there together. I do wait 20+ minutes before taking in any sugars though after my GHRP-MOD shots, as that's when the pulse starts to drop.

Comment

When you ingest carbs, what happens? Insulin spikes. That is why. Insulin blunts gh and vice versa

Comment

When you ingest carbs, what happens? Insulin spikes. That is why. Insulin blunts gh and vice versa
                That's bro science. I have more studies similar kicking around here somewhere.

Effect of growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone (GHRH), atropine, pyridostigmine, or hypoglycemia on GHRP-6-induced GH secretion in man

A Penalva, A Carballo, M Pombo, FF Casanueva and C Dieguez
                Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Santiago, Santiago de Compostela, Spain. His-DTrp-Ala-Trp-DPhe-Lys-NH2 (GHRP-6) is a synthetic compound that releases GH in a dose-related and specific manner in several species, including man. To further characterize the effects and mechanism of action of GHRP-6 on GH secretion, we assessed in normal man plasma GH responses to that hexapeptide 1) alone and in combination with exogenous GH-releasing hormone (GHRH) administration, 2) in a state of high endogenous somatostatinergic tone after atropine administration, and 3) in a state of low endogenous somatostatinergic tone induced by the cholinergic receptor agonist drug pyridostigmine or after insulin- induced hypoglycemia. We found a similar increase in plasma GH levels after the administration of either GHRP-6 (1 microgram/kg) or GHRH (1 microgram/kg); the areas under the curve (AUC) were (mean +/- SEM) 973 +/- 181 and 821 +/- 139, respectively. After combined GHRP-6 and GHRH administration, GH responses were considerably greater than those after either compound alone (4412 +/- 842; P < 0.01). Administration of the cholinergic receptor antagonist atropine (1 mg, im) completely prevented the GH responses to GHRP-6 (area under the curve, 103 +/- 14 vs. 815 +/- 156, respectively). On the other hand, pyridostigmine, a cholinergic agonist, slightly increased GH responses to GHRP-6 (P < 0.01 when comparing the AUC after pyridostigmine administration of 1571 +/- 151 and the AUC after administration of GHRP-6 alone of 815 +/- 156). Finally, combined GHRP-6 and insulin administration induced a much greater increase in plasma GH levels (AUC, 4047 +/- 327) than insulin alone (1747 +/- 229; P < 0.05) or GHRP-6 alone (1248 +/- 376; P < 0.05). Our results lend support to the view that GHRP-6-induced GH secretion is exerted through a non-GHRH-dependent mechanism. Furthermore, the fact that enhancement of somatostatinergic tone with atropine completely prevented the GH responses to GHRP-6, while pyridostigmine and insulin-induced hypoglycemia, which increased plasma GH levels by inhibiting hypothalamic somatostatin release, increased the same response suggest that although GHRP-6-induced GH secretion is dependent on the endogenous somatostatinergic tone, the stimulatory effect of GHRP-6 on plasma GH levels is not mediated by a change in hypothalamic somatostatinergic tone.

Comment

i go home, eat, shower, then take a nap

most of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Bull View Post
                    That's bro science. I have more studies similar kicking around here somewhere.

Effect of growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone (GHRH), atropine, pyridostigmine, or hypoglycemia on GHRP-6-induced GH secretion in man

A Penalva, A Carballo, M Pombo, FF Casanueva and C Dieguez
                    Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Santiago, Santiago de Compostela, Spain. His-DTrp-Ala-Trp-DPhe-Lys-NH2 (GHRP-6) is a synthetic compound that releases GH in a dose-related and specific manner in several species, including man. To further characterize the effects and mechanism of action of GHRP-6 on GH secretion, we assessed in normal man plasma GH responses to that hexapeptide 1) alone and in combination with exogenous GH-releasing hormone (GHRH) administration, 2) in a state of high endogenous somatostatinergic tone after atropine administration, and 3) in a state of low endogenous somatostatinergic tone induced by the cholinergic receptor agonist drug pyridostigmine or after insulin- induced hypoglycemia. We found a similar increase in plasma GH levels after the administration of either GHRP-6 (1 microgram/kg) or GHRH (1 microgram/kg); the areas under the curve (AUC) were (mean +/- SEM) 973 +/- 181 and 821 +/- 139, respectively. After combined GHRP-6 and GHRH administration, GH responses were considerably greater than those after either compound alone (4412 +/- 842; P < 0.01). Administration of the cholinergic receptor antagonist atropine (1 mg, im) completely prevented the GH responses to GHRP-6 (area under the curve, 103 +/- 14 vs. 815 +/- 156, respectively). On the other hand, pyridostigmine, a cholinergic agonist, slightly increased GH responses to GHRP-6 (P < 0.01 when comparing the AUC after pyridostigmine administration of 1571 +/- 151 and the AUC after administration of GHRP-6 alone of 815 +/- 156). Finally, combined GHRP-6 and insulin administration induced a much greater increase in plasma GH levels (AUC, 4047 +/- 327) than insulin alone (1747 +/- 229; P < 0.05) or GHRP-6 alone (1248 +/- 376; P < 0.05). Our results lend support to the view that GHRP-6-induced GH secretion is exerted through a non-GHRH-dependent mechanism. Furthermore, the fact that enhancement of somatostatinergic tone with atropine completely prevented the GH responses to GHRP-6, while pyridostigmine and insulin-induced hypoglycemia, which increased plasma GH levels by inhibiting hypothalamic somatostatin release, increased the same response suggest that although GHRP-6-induced GH secretion is dependent on the endogenous somatostatinergic tone, the stimulatory effect of GHRP-6 on plasma GH levels is not mediated by a change in hypothalamic somatostatinergic tone.
                    Good post.

Comment

I take hgh and my insulin sensitivity is SMASHED. My blood sugar sky rockets. That's not bro science. That's very first hand experience.

How it's affected with ghrp I can't comment

Comment

I take hgh and my insulin sensitivity is SMASHED. My blood sugar sky rockets. That's not bro science. That's very first hand experience.

How it's affected with ghrp I can't comment
                        I have a study somewhere on that. Exogenous HGH over time causes insulin resistance, eventually completely inhibiting insulin's effect, which is why so many bodybuilders need to use high doses of insulin to continue getting anything from it, and why some develop diabetes with it's use. Can't find it for the life of me though.

Edit:
                        Here we are:

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/1...jcem-54-5-1033

Both Human Pituitary Growth Hormone and Recombinant DNA-Derived Human Growth Hormone Cause Insulin Resistance at a Postreceptor Site

RON G. ROSENFELD†, DARRELL M. WILSON, LAURA A. DOLLAR, ANN BENNETT, and RAYMOND L. HINTZ

We have investigated the effects on carbohydrate metabolism of human GH produced by recombinant DNA technology (methionyl-hGH) compared with pituitary hGH, Twelve normal adult male subjects received four daily im injections of either methionyl-hGH or pituitary hGH in a double blind, crossover study. Oral glucose tolerance tests and assays of insulin binding to peripheral monocytes were performed before the initial administration and 12 h after the fourth injection of both hGH preparations.
                        Both methionyl-hGH and pituitary hGH resulted in significant carbohydrate intolerance, with a rise in fasting plasma glucose from 96.6 ± 2.9 to 105.9 ± 3.0 mg/ml (mean ± SEM) after pituitary hGH and from 96.2 ± 1.5 to 107.5 ± 3.3 mg/dl after methionyl-hGH (P < 0.01). The area under the glucose tolerance curve increased by 34% after pituitary hGH and by 37% after methionyl-hGH. With both hGH preparations, carbohydrate intolerance was associated with marked hyperinsulinemia, with a rise in fasting plasma insulin levels from 9.4 ± 1.2 to 33.2 ± 7.8 µU/ml after pituitary hGH and from 7.4 ± 1.1 to 45.8 ± 11.1 µU/ml after methionyl-hGH (P < 0.01). The integrated plasma insulin levels during the oral glucose tolerance test tripled after both hGH preparations.
                        The pronounced insulin resistance could not be attributed to an alteration in insulin receptor concentrations. Both hGH preparations were associated with small reductions in insulin binding o t monocytes at tracer concentrations, but the decline in binding was not statistically significant. The calculated binding sites per cell and Kë were not significantly altered by hGH administration.
                        We conclude that methionyl-hGH and pituitary hGH are indistinguishable in their ability to induce insulin-resistant carbohydrate intolerance. This decrease in insulin sensitivity cannot be attributed to an alteration in insulin binding, and presumably represents a postreceptor defect in insulin action. (J Clin En-docrinol Metab 54: 1033, 1982)
                        Last edited by Bull; 02-27-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I'm already type 2 so yeah I see that. I've taken 40iu and had it do nothing before. Kinda scary. I take a month or two off gh every year. I'm considering only using it in low doses. The stress and everything else makes it worse

Comment

I'm already type 2 so yeah I see that. I've taken 40iu and had it do nothing before. Kinda scary. I take a month or two off gh every year. I'm considering only using it in low doses. The stress and everything else makes it worse
                            What brand of HGH do you use?

What Chinese HGH have you used?

Comment

That's very scary stuff man.

Comment

Working...
                              X