I've hit my first real plateau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've hit my first real plateau

I need some advice here. I've had little spells where I've been stuck at certain weights, but this time it been going on 3 weeks! I am getting the same, and in some instances less weights that I've beem getting for weeks now. I figured with tren being in full force that I'd be wearing those DBs out. Any suggestions to quickly get the weights increasing again? I just got stuck and can't move up on anything. And some sets I get less weight than before the tren. CNS issues or just simply needing a 3 or 4 day rest? I hate to rest much on cycle, but I never workout on weekends, so I could skip this weekend and monday (memorial day) and carb up all weekend and make a go at it Tuesday. You guys make the call and suggestions. Thanks budroes!

Bump.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-G
      Carb up on the weekend? What? You're on cycle now yes?... Fuckin' eat dude. Getting lean is for when you have 210
      Lbs of mass on ya'ass and until THEN EAAAATTTT.

Other then that, change up your training routine. Alot. Go from whatever you're doing to something completely different. When I plateau in gains I just hammer down and pump some heavy ass weights for no more than 10 reps then next time I train that part go back to regular ol' 12-20.
      Hear is the deal with eating. My intentions with this cycle was to add some LBM while shedding some fat(basically let the tren and T3 do that as a secondary mechanism). The problem I have faced with tren is that I have no appetite, at all. I am having to eat candies and stuff to keep from going hypo. I am getting in, on average, 1800-2000 calories a day, and my maintenance is 2600. This is the worst side of tren, but I can see how it is beneficial for a cut. I am literally forcing down food, not figuratively. Even my weakness, McDs, I just cant finish off a freaking burger at one time.

Now training is what is driving my nuts! I have attributed it more than likely to the lack of calories. It could be that, or it could be that my body is wore out. The heat wave here is almost unbearable. I have thought about doing a 5x5 training schedule for 2 weeks, and force heavy weights until I feel I can go back to normal. Maybe a warmup set, then a 10 rep max and stopping at 5, then up, up, up, then try my 1RM as many times as I can, and having a nice little 2 minute break between sets. No, it isnt high intensity as I normally do, but I have to get the weights back up to par, and even set some more PRs. I do think youre right about the eating part. I just have no desire to eat big here. The heat, tren, sweat, sun, work, are all factors I am dealing with.

Comment

What about an appetite enhancer? I know either GHRP-2 or GHRP-6 has strong appetite enhancement affects. There are also supplements for that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBull View Post
          What about an appetite enhancer? I know either GHRP-2 or GHRP-6 has strong appetite enhancement affects. There are also supplements for that.
          I've definitely given this some thought. A little far into the cycle, and I fear it would take forever to arrive and my cyce would almost be over. But am considering this.

Comment

Appetite enhancing is a good decision. I also think with tren and t3 you would lose fat whole adding mass ON Your maintenance... That's the point of supplementation.... It aids you accomplish your goals through its physiologically altering or enhancing effects. If you think about it... If someone eats at 3000 calories maintenance and takes t3 they're increasing their metabolism and fat burning effect so eating at 3000 now has the same effect as eating at probably a 3-5 hundred deficit. So eating already at a 600 cal deficit with t3 is like a thousand cal deficit. YA HURD!?
            Ah, good point! I guess Ill have to start eating dirtier, that about the only way I can get the cals up right now. I certainly cant eat that much food clean right now. Ill try it a few days anyways.

Comment

if strength gains are what your looking for then 5x5 is the way to go, 5x5 strong man lifts is my favorite strength program. i go with:

workout A

squats 5x5
              over head shoulder press 5x5 (just use the Olympic bar on the squat rack once you've finished squatting)
              dead lifts 1x5

workout B

squats 5x5
              bench 5x5
              bent over rows 5x5

note, this doesn't include warm-up sets, its 5x5 or 1x5 with working weights
              if you complete all 5x5 or 1x5 in the case of dead lifts, then next time increase weight by 5 lbs
              workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday alternating between workout A and B

i do 6 weeks of 5x5 followed by 6 weeks of HIT style training, and the repeat..

Comment

I've seen you talk about this before on another board. May have to give it a shot!

Comment

It's just a recomp, or trying to lose bf whole adding a little muscle. I don't care about strength as much as my look, but it sucks dropping weight as fast as I am and losing so much on my lifts. I've increased calories and dropped the T3. I hope I can add some muscle this way and just forget about fat. I shouldn't put much on with tren anyways, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
                    I was going to suggest dropping the T3 but I find 100mcg T3/day increases my appetite so wasn't sure if I should suggest that.
                    See, I've heard that too. But it isn't doing much other than some fat loss. I've tried B12 inject, nothing. I am taking a new B12 supp I'm going to write about that is tha bomb, but I'm just not hungry. Its like this every year though. In the hot months my appetite sucks. When I grt hot and sweaty, I can forget about eating anything of substance. I can do a high calorie pritien shake, and that's what I did today. I added 30 carbs (powder) to it, along with 45 grams of a blended protien. I can eat a lot after dinner and am thinking about doing this. Something like 1/2 cup of natural PB and 12oz of 2% milk. That should add around 500-600 calories. I might start the T3 back up, but keep it around 50mcg. This sound ok? I really need to get more weight to afd more lbm.

Comment

When I'm off-season, I have a hard time getting in the needed cals because of this metabolism of mine. I usually eat my protein source and veggies, followed by X amount of oats that I grind up in a magic bullet, and shot gun it back. There is no cheaper, or easier calorie than that IMO.

Comment

It's true... Ground up oats takes about 30 seconds to drink. 1 cup of oats ground up is 360 calories 6g fat 60 carbs 12g protein.

Can't beat it
                        Grind them and add water? Is it a terrible consistency?

Comment

I'm going to try this today! Do you have any digestion problems with the raw oats this way?

Comment

im cutting atm, so i add oats, egg whites, chocolate whey powder, and some water in a blender.. 20 seconds later meal 1 is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBPackenwood View Post
                              im cutting atm, so i add oats, egg whites, chocolate whey powder, and some water in a blender.. 20 seconds later meal 1 is ready.
                              I do this same shake when trying to add weight, but I add 2% milk, ice cubes, natural PB and a tablespoon of olive oil. I might should do this again before bed if I don't hit my macros for the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X