Clear All

How is BP?

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
      How is BP?
      It's at 145/85-90. That's the norm for me. My daily meds include:
      BP med with diuretic (Lisinopril 20mgs)
      Beta Blocker (Bystolic 20mgs)

Supplementing with krill and fish oil, vitamin E and CoQ10. I think some cardio will help. I am going to talk to my doctor to see if I can add 10 more mgs of the Lisinopril. Don't want to go higher on the beta blocker. It's a hard drug to be honest.

Comment

As I mentioned in MDS1's log, last week was a down week. But I'm back with a vengance. My weight is way up, and I'm getting some serious weights in the gym. I hammer curled 60lb DBs for reps, which is really good for me. Being that 55lbs back when I was on tren was the highest, I though 60 was really good. I should have went to 65, but I'll save that fo next time. Calories are still up, but some days I'm not getting my macros in. This is from working out of town. I'll be adding in the ghrp-6 very soon and am hoping there is no option but to get my calories in. I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

I have a quick report to add. So due to my back issues, I quit doing squats a couple of years ago. I substituted leg presses. Well, I have recently began doing squats again because I know they are nessecary to do to maximize weight gain, as well as strength gains. I chose to stick with 135lbs and just rep out, which I have been doing. Even with 135, I typically have major problems with pain that isn't associated with muscle fatigue. Anyways, as the squats have been easier and easier to do as of late, I decided to go to 185 and see what happened. Well, I did 10 reps with ease but didn't want to push it. So I stopped, had a 1 minute rest, and bumped out 2 more sets with the same weight. I have no doubts I could do 3x8s with 225 right now with no issue. I am choosing to keep going slow with it because I know the turmoil I could be in if my back goes out. I might as well throw this progress away. So next squat day, I will do 185x2, then 205x1. Following that, I'd like to try 185/205/225. Anything over 225 scares me at this point and I'd rather be doing some squats than none. My 1 rep max squat was 250 a fee years back, which is pretty good considering I have very long legs. However that 1 rep put me out of the gym for about 3 months. So I'm going to keep things slow and maybe I'll get to a heavier weight with time. But if I dont, at least I am doing squats and not skimping on them. I know they should be heavy to maximize the outcome, but it's just not worth it. Plus, if I can continue to do even lightweight squats, I can go heavy on deadlifts and reap similar benefits. Once I start the ghrp-6 and cjc, I may try the TB 500 as well just for the pain situation. I've heard nothing but good about TB. Thanks for following along guys!

*EDIT- My current weight this afternoon is 192! I know the test is rocking right now, and since the deca was frontloaded, I'd say it's about to really catch on. Eating is still misery, but I'm getting it down and keeping most of it down. I'm eating roughly 1200-1500 calories from 7am to 12pm. A shake post workout (50 grams), then 1500 calories from around 7pm-10pm. Bed is around 10:30-11pm. Body fat is trickling up, so I have some adjustments to make. Going to lower carbs the second part of the day and substitute with fats.
          Last edited by warmouth; 09-29-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

It's really inspiring and good news to see you are Squatting dude. I always recommend squats to hard gainers as they hit the Central nervous system hard, and promote gains everywhere.

I often use the term "I've seen plenty of very impressive leg pressers with mediocre legs - I've never seen a good squatter with bad legs" in fact I was recently chatting with a young lifter thinking of prepping for his first BB Competition, he was asking how he could improve his arm size as they were stubbornly refusing to grow.... I noticed that he rarely Squatted, favouring the leg press in his workouts.

I suggested he do Squats every leg session for a couple of months, not only to improve his genetically gifted quads, but to hit his CNS hard - bang! it worked - blasted through his plateau, and better bigger arms.

For you tho' with back problems, just do the best you can without popping a rivet. Squatting just a plate (135lbs) in good form, ass to grass, for 12 reps plus will do the trick. No need to go heavy until your lower back can take it.

Good luck man, stay positive

Comment

Thanks alot man! That's encouraging! My legs are terrible. My quads can be very in pressie with little effort, but my calves won't do a thing. I'm hoping with putting strain on the CNS, it will encourage them, as well as arms, to catch up. Everyone says my arms and shoulders are mt strong points, I just don't see it. But I know my calves are pathetic. In going to keep it up with squats, and go heavy heavy with my deads. Thanks man!

Comment

Sorry for slacking guys. 16 straight days at work and yesterday was my first day off. That's 176 straight hours! Whew! I feel blessed though. I needed it. Anyways, I haven't been to the gym in 16 days. Sorry to disappoint. We have just been struggling lately,and as the husband, I had to do what I had to do to provide. I'm getting back with the program thus week though. I may have to cut to a 3x weekly schedule, but I know I can make it work. Even though I'm not training daily, my size, strength and cuts are still visable. I still look decent, I just wish I'd have been giving it 100% and see where I would be at this point. I'm back though boys and girls and ready to roll! Thanks for being patient.

Comment

Working...
                X